Don't doubt me.

Yeah, it certainly worked out great with George W. Bush; he had basically the same "plan."

LOL

Not even close. Try thinking instead of parroting. Better yet, just believe what I say and you won't appear ignorant.

"Trust me". "I don't know how to explain it or why you should trust me, but......trust me"

I really can't explain anything to someone ignorant enough to believe that Bush caused the economic slowdown. I mean, I could, but it would require an enormus amout of time and effort.

Lstening to Romney's recent speech on how he's going to help the economy, I was struck by how right on target he was. Decreasing our dependancy on foreign oil, and reducing the stranglehold that the government has on businesses being only part of the plan.

I've been saying for 2 months that the very next day after Romney is elected (if he is of course), the economy will begin to recover. Businesses realizing that their #1 enemy will be gone shortly, will begin to take riskd again, will begin to expand and hire, and produce. This is without Romney doing anything at all.

There's no question that Obama is the enemy of the private sector, and after businessmen heard Romney's plan for the future, I will be proven correct.

Don't doubt me.

All the catering to big business in the world won't get the economy going. What will Romney do to get the consumer class spending again? That's the real question.

Consumer 'class'? Are we gonna have a class war on consumers now? Seriously, you make yourself look such an ass.... no assistance is required.

Yes consumer class. Apparently even though you're a self described genius, this term is a bit much for you. Odd.

Consumer Class financial definition of Consumer Class. Consumer Class finance term by the Free Online Dictionary.

How did I make myself look like an ass by using the term consumer class, lol.? Better question is why do I even ask you anything, I know you will never respond.

Jesus you're a pompous idiot.

All the catering to big business in the world won't get the economy going. What will Romney do to get the consumer class spending again? That's the real question.

Consumer 'class'? Are we gonna have a class war on consumers now? Seriously, you make yourself look such an ass.... no assistance is required.
Actually considering what he said and where you took it... He's not the one that looks like an ass.

I mean I really don't agree with his point, I think the consumer class will happily go back to spending levels they were at before... We just need the jobs to open back up to get unemployment down.

But what you replied to what he said was ... Not very bright.

Yeah, agree with what I said or not, her response doesn't even make sense.

I'm NOT saying businesses can make money without customers, that's a product of your deranged mind. I told you exactly how consumers fit into the cycle, I explained the cycle in as simple of terms as i could and you still refuse to see it. You're better off just not doubting me.

I didn't ask about the cycle. I asked what you did when one portion of that cycle doesn't live up to it's part. IE. customers have reduced spending power.

The business cycle was your answer. The point is that the day after Romney is elected, the economy will begin to recover. Businessmen and women will see that the greatest obstacle to them will soon be out of their way. They will then begin to rebuild the economy. As I said, the consumers, who get their spending money FROM WORKING, will have more money to spend and the whole business cycle will get charged up.

If you still can't understand it, there's really not much more I can do for you.

LOL, HOW does this happen? You obviously don't know how. It's comical at this point. It will magically all be ok when Romney is president. C'mon, I'm trying to have a discussion about HOW things will happen and you're just ignoring me pretending like you understand when it's plain to see that you don't know how, you just hope it will be better.

Not even close. Try thinking instead of parroting. Better yet, just believe what I say and you won't appear ignorant.

"Trust me". "I don't know how to explain it or why you should trust me, but......trust me"

I really can't explain anything to someone ignorant enough to believe that Bush caused the economic slowdown. I mean, I could, but it would require an enormus amout of time and effort.

Umm, where did I say anything about Bush?? :eusa_eh:

I get it now, you don't have any clue about what you're saying. You are just listening to what Fox News and Rush tells you and if they tell you to trust them, that's good enough for you. Make sure you don't leave the flock sheep, that might require the use of your brain.

I didn't ask about the cycle. I asked what you did when one portion of that cycle doesn't live up to it's part. IE. customers have reduced spending power.

The business cycle was your answer. The point is that the day after Romney is elected, the economy will begin to recover. Businessmen and women will see that the greatest obstacle to them will soon be out of their way. They will then begin to rebuild the economy. As I said, the consumers, who get their spending money FROM WORKING, will have more money to spend and the whole business cycle will get charged up.

If you still can't understand it, there's really not much more I can do for you.

LOL, HOW does this happen? You obviously don't know how. It's comical at this point. It will magically all be ok when Romney is president. C'mon, I'm trying to have a discussion about HOW things will happen and you're just ignoring me pretending like you understand when it's plain to see that you don't know how, you just hope it will be better.

Oh well. I tried. You cannot or will not understand so there's nothing else I can do. I suggest that you simply don't doubt me but you have insisted on looking like a fool. Hey, if you are OK with that then have fun.

Umm, where did I say anything about Bush?? :eusa_eh:

I get it now, you don't have any clue about what you're saying. You are just listening to what Fox News and Rush tells you and if they tell you to trust them, that's good enough for you. Make sure you don't leave the flock sheep, that might require the use of your brain.

Oh for Pete's sake pay attention at least a little bit will ya? You interjected into a discussion I was having with another poster, who claimed that Bush caused the recession. Perhaps that's why you cannot understand a simple concept, you don't bother to pay attention.

Oh well. I tried. You cannot or will not understand so there's nothing else I can do. I suggest that you simply don't doubt me but you have insisted on looking like a fool. Hey, if you are OK with that then have fun.

Have you actually convinced yourself you actually understand what you're talking about? Be honest with yourself. I am not even trying to "prove you wrong" or whatever game you think is happening here. I am asking how things will happen, and you refuse to even attempt to answer me. It's almost as if you're intentionally avoiding having a discussion for some reason. I'm guessing you subscribe to the Ignorance is Bliss philosophy. "Just trust me". LOL.

Have you actually convinced yourself you actually understand what you're talking about? Be honest with yourself. I am not even trying to "prove you wrong" or whatever game you think is happening here. I am asking how things will happen, and you refuse to even attempt to answer me. It's almost as if you're intentionally avoiding having a discussion for some reason. I'm guessing you subscribe to the Ignorance is Bliss philosophy. "Just trust me". LOL.

I've answered you three or four times now. You apparently don't even read my posts, hell you probably aren't reading this one either.

I wonder if America has the guts to do what must be done, or if we simply go Greek.

Oh bullshit. Romney will bargain for what he wants just like every other product of the out-of-control "two-party" broken system has since WWII.

Romney wants lower taxes but to bribe the Senate, there'll be more food stamps.

Romney wants a bigger military, and for that we'll have the unemployment-horn-of-plenty.

We're fucked either way. Obamney starves the treasury, Roboma drains it.

To think otherwise is just naive childlessness, pure and simple ... just the red-faced, puffy-eyed wailing of an emotional two-year-old.

I wonder if America has the guts to do what must be done, or if we simply go Greek.

Oh bullshit. Romney will bargain for what he wants just like every other product of the out-of-control "two-party" broken system has since WWII.

Romney wants a bigger military, and for that we'll have the unemployment-horn-of-plenty.

To think otherwise is just naive childlessness, pure and simple ... just the red-faced, puffy-eyed wailing of an emotional two-year-old.

You almost have it right. The only difference between the two candidates is that Romney will help the economy improve, which is the subject of this thread. Will Romney balance the budget? No. Will Romney reduce spending? No. Will Romney shrink government? No.

Right now we need jobs, we need a recovery, we need the businesses in this country to thrive. Then we can work on the rest. I agree that Romney won't do anything more than get our economy going.

You almost have it right. The only difference between the two candidates is that Romney will help the economy improve, which is the subject of this thread. Will Romney balance the budget? No. Will Romney reduce spending? No. Will Romney shrink government? No.

Right now we need jobs, we need a recovery, we need the businesses in this country to thrive. Then we can work on the rest. I agree that Romney won't do anything more than get our economy going.

Ok, thank you for your adult honesty.

What makes you think that Romney will improve the economy?

The economic policies of both parties favor giganticism over the engine of growth, the entrepreneur (what did GE pay in taxes?). They both favor globalism and the export of jobs and the import of labor (I'm not arguing for tariffs, just that we don't give tax breaks for closing a factory in Dayton and moving it to Xinangmoon). They both are big fans of the "public-private-partnerships" that favor the politically-well-connected at the expense of everyone else, they just have slightly different circles over which they spread the wealth.

As far as Romney's plan to lower taxes is concerned, when Reagan lowered the marginal rates, alot of what went back was re-invested. Didn't happen when they were brought down from 39 to 36 .... could that possibly be because the beneficiaries aren't in a position where they need to take risk? Why do you think that the solutions of yesteryear are the ones that will work now?

So, just how is Romney going to be good for the economy?

As far as the debt is concerned, if not now, when?

Simply by NOT being obama. Notice how I specifically say "the day after the election" is when the economy will start to improve. Not that Romney will do anything at all (because he can't) but when businesses know that obama will no longer be in the way, they will begin to do business, take risks, and spend money.

The economic policies of both parties favor giganticism over the engine of growth, the entrepreneur (what did GE pay in taxes?). They both favor globalism and the export of jobs and the import of labor (I'm not arguing for tariffs, just that we don't give tax breaks for closing a factory in Dayton and moving it to Xinangmoon). They both are big fans of the "public-private-partnerships" that favor the politically-well-connected at the expense of everyone else, they just have slightly different circles over which they spread the wealth.

There is no doubt that the big corporations will thrive as well. I think you are exaggerating a bit but even if I accept all of what you say, that will still have a positive affect on the economy. When big coropration thrive so do the samll ones that spring up around them. You can point to the giants and point out how unfair the split is, but the economy will still improve. Things will get better for all.

As far as Romney's plan to lower taxes is concerned, when Reagan lowered the marginal rates, alot of what went back was re-invested. Didn't happen when they were brought down from 39 to 36 .... could that possibly be because the beneficiaries aren't in a position where they need to take risk? Why do you think that the solutions of yesteryear are the ones that will work now?

You are totally focusses on the giant corporations. Its the medium and small businesses that hire the most people. They will also benifit from much of Romney's plans, thus people have work, people have more buying power, people have more confidence in the economy.

As far as the debt is concerned, if not now, when?

The debt? Surely you don't think Obama is going to address the debt right?

Simply by NOT being obama.

Ahhh you see, that's just not good enough. In elections past it was good enough to make a choice based on who would do the least damage. Those days are long behind us.

Yes, Obama will explode the debt as fast as Romney. Our only hope is gridlock.

Ahhh you see, that's just not good enough. In elections past it was good enough to make a choice based on who would do the least damage. Those days are long behind us.

You are a bit off track. I'm not talking about reasons to vote for Romney. It may not be good enough for Romney to earn your vote, but I'm saying if Romney is elected it will happen exactly as I have stated.

Don't doubt me.

Last edited:
Actually considering what he said and where you took it... He's not the one that looks like an ass.

I mean I really don't agree with his point, I think the consumer class will happily go back to spending levels they were at before... We just need the jobs to open back up to get unemployment down.

But what you replied to what he said was ... Not very bright.

Yeah, agree with what I said or not, her response doesn't even make sense.
Well... I actually DO agree with what you are saying, I just don't believe that the president has much to do with it. We are electing the POTUS. Not the President of the world.

Now is a GREAT time to revamp the tax system and what not. It's a GREAT time to debate the intelligence of our foreign policy. It's a good time for all kinds of things... But we aren't doing any of them.

He has no clue, except for "just because". Save your energy.

Forum List

Back