Don't doubt me.

How did anything I said, lead to October 2008? None of the things Romney's been saying have been done yet. You're either a blind partisan hack or a fool, which is it?

It isn't what you said; it is what the Governor is saying when he does delve into releasing details; roll back regulations to let Wall Street get "creative" again, and cut taxes on the very wealthy. Bush's 3rd term. And we saw where his 2nd term got us; TARP.

wrong. He is not saying cut taxes on the very wealthy. He is saying to not INCREASE taxes on ANYONE.

You have not ben paying attention.

Ahh...so that is why Koch and Adelson are writing checks to him; so they won't have to pay more in taxes. Thanks for setting me straight.

It isn't what you said; it is what the Governor is saying when he does delve into releasing details; roll back regulations to let Wall Street get "creative" again, and cut taxes on the very wealthy. Bush's 3rd term. And we saw where his 2nd term got us; TARP.

wrong. He is not saying cut taxes on the very wealthy. He is saying to not INCREASE taxes on ANYONE.

You have not ben paying attention.

Ahh...so that is why Koch and Adelson are writing checks to him; so they won't have to pay more in taxes. Thanks for setting me straight.

they are writing checks to him becuase they agree with his vision and ideology.

Would you like me to say people vote for Obama becuase they like getting free stuff?

I dont believe that....but then again, I dont believe the crap you said either.

Last edited:
All the catering to big business in the world won't get the economy going. What will Romney do to get the consumer class spending again? That's the real question.
He will give the job creators the comfort zone necessary to take additonal risks to grow their businesses BEFORE the demand is there....in anticipation of the demand that will be created when people start working again as they staff those companmies speculating.

You see...it is always a risk to invest in your company to grow...but to do it BEFORE the demand is there is even riskier...and to do it when the government is talking about MORE regulations and talking about increasing taxes....well.....very few if any will take the risk.

You may not agree with this....but that is his plan.

WHats Obamas plan?

See, we have a stark difference in opinion in who the job creators are. You say it's busines, which they are to an extent, but there is no successful long term business without customers. And the problem we have now is lack of customers. Big business is sitting on cash right now, customers are not. So yes it's a risk for business to hire right now....because they don't have the customers needed to hire more employees.

Exactly!

So what do you do?

Well...we tried pumping money into the economy and sadly, it cost us 3/4 of a trillion dollars and we still have not been able to increase the customer (consumer) base. We still have 8.3% unemployment.

SO what else can we do?

I say lets try to pander to the "greed" and "egos" of the business owners. You see most business owners want to grow so they can make more money, be a force in their community, and have something to be proud of.

But how do we get them to "take chances" BEFOPRE the demand is there for an increase in their goods and services?

Well...maybe if we NOT take more money out of their pockets and NOT make it more difficult and expensive to operate, they will spend some of their money in an effort to be there and be ready when the demand increases.

How will the demand increase? Those that feel comfortable taking the risks will be hiring people...and those people will have the secutrity and cash tyo buy their goods.

You may not agree...but that is Romneys plan.

I ask again...what is Obamas plan?

Lstening to Romney's recent speech on how he's going to help the economy, I was struck by how right on target he was. Decreasing our dependancy on foreign oil, and reducing the stranglehold that the government has on businesses being only part of the plan.

I've been saying for 2 months that the very next day after Romney is elected (if he is of course), the economy will begin to recover. Businesses realizing that their #1 enemy will be gone shortly, will begin to take riskd again, will begin to expand and hire, and produce. This is without Romney doing anything at all.

There's no question that Obama is the enemy of the private sector, and after businessmen heard Romney's plan for the future, I will be proven correct.

Don't doubt me.

The Governor will not be elected in November.

That isn't what the discussion is supposed to be about.

LOL. When we have people stating that we should repeat all the errors that led to October, 2008, then expect a differant outcome, what do you expect me to say?

How did anything I said, lead to October 2008? None of the things Romney's been saying have been done yet. You're either a blind partisan hack or a fool, which is it?

1. It wasn't a lack of regulation that led to 2008.
2. None of the regulations that obama has put into place would have stopped what happened.

Put down the Kool Aid and back away from the table.

You are a joke. "The guts to do what must be done." Really! From a political hack like you. Drill baby drill crowd. Ever think it might be well worth it to go to renewal energy..the right thing that "must be done", of course not you haven't the nerve or want to spend money on something like this. Investing in real American workers, of course not..."the guts to do what must be done.." Really. That would get into the pocket books of all your crony friends who steal from American workers, where the real wealth redistribution is at.
Your comment is such a lie from you and such a hypocritical statement.
It was a nice but feeble try.

Lstening to Romney's recent speech on how he's going to help the economy, I was struck by how right on target he was. Decreasing our dependancy on foreign oil, and reducing the stranglehold that the government has on businesses being only part of the plan.

I've been saying for 2 months that the very next day after Romney is elected (if he is of course), the economy will begin to recover. Businesses realizing that their #1 enemy will be gone shortly, will begin to take riskd again, will begin to expand and hire, and produce. This is without Romney doing anything at all.

There's no question that Obama is the enemy of the private sector, and after businessmen heard Romney's plan for the future, I will be proven correct.

Don't doubt me.

I wonder if America has the guts to do what must be done, or if we simply go Greek.

Hah, YOU are the only joke.

I DO doubt you..........................

First, it is not IF. It's WHEN he is elected [Why do you doubt yourself?]

I don't doubt myself, I doubt the intelligence of the average American voter. I'm not sure that they are smart enough not to make the same mistake they did in 2008.

Second, the first day after the election will be devoted to curing the hangover from the election nite celebration.

:-D

Not for business people.

They wil be in a rush to get back to business in a new and optimistic climate.

Don't doubt me.

All the catering to big business in the world won't get the economy going. What will Romney do to get the consumer class spending again? That's the real question.

Your mistake is in listening to your left wing sources and not me. I said business, I did not say big business. Although Romney means ALLL business. I see you don't understand economics so I'll explain it.

Business makes money and does "business" = Increased hiring = increased income = consumer spending = increased business = and back again. This is a healthy economy.

It's more complicated than that but that's the essentials. Big business, small business, and all the businesses in between really mean people. What's better for business is better for consumers.

He will give the job creators the comfort zone necessary to take additonal risks to grow their businesses BEFORE the demand is there....in anticipation of the demand that will be created when people start working again as they staff those companmies speculating.

You see...it is always a risk to invest in your company to grow...but to do it BEFORE the demand is there is even riskier...and to do it when the government is talking about MORE regulations and talking about increasing taxes....well.....very few if any will take the risk.

WHats Obamas plan?

See, we have a stark difference in opinion in who the job creators are. You say it's busines, which they are to an extent, but there is no successful long term business without customers. And the problem we have now is lack of customers. Big business is sitting on cash right now, customers are not. So yes it's a risk for business to hire right now....because they don't have the customers needed to hire more employees.

That's because the consumers don't have the money because the economy is bad and the economy is bad because business is suffering. You cannot separate the business from the consumer. You are only looking at one side of it. The economy is like the circle of life. Feed any portion of it and the whole circle thrives.

WHats Obamas plan?

Exactly!

So what do you do?

Well...we tried pumping money into the economy and sadly, it cost us 3/4 of a trillion dollars and we still have not been able to increase the customer (consumer) base. We still have 8.3% unemployment.

SO what else can we do?

I say lets try to pander to the "greed" and "egos" of the business owners. You see most business owners want to grow so they can make more money, be a force in their community, and have something to be proud of.

But how do we get them to "take chances" BEFOPRE the demand is there for an increase in their goods and services?

Well...maybe if we NOT take more money out of their pockets and NOT make it more difficult and expensive to operate, they will spend some of their money in an effort to be there and be ready when the demand increases.

How will the demand increase? Those that feel comfortable taking the risks will be hiring people...and those people will have the secutrity and cash tyo buy their goods.

Obama's plan is to trash the economy so he can blame it all on capitalism and then replace it with a fascist system that he favors, but that's for a different thread.

LOL. When we have people stating that we should repeat all the errors that led to October, 2008, then expect a differant outcome, what do you expect me to say?

What's sad is that people like you have convinced yourselves that the fiscal sanity Romney and Ryan are calling for somehow led to the last recession. The main reason we had the last recession was a severe cyclical bubble that burst in the housing market...a bubble that was brought on by policies that were pushed by Democrats as much, if not more than Republicans.

Four years of inept attempts by this Administration to spend their way out of this economic downturn has resulted in the longest period of high unemployment since the Great Depression and the largest deficits in our nation's history.

The truth is...Barack Obama never should have been President of the United States. He's totally unprepared for the job and doesn't have a clue how to fix the economy or how to put people back to work. The Private Sector doesn't trust him and he destroyed any chance of the people across the aisle working with him with the unilateral manner in which he governed during his first year in office.

What do I expect you to say?

I'd like you to explain to me what another four years of a man who ran out of ideas on how to fix the country in year two of his FIRST term is going to get us?

Don't doubt me.

The Governor will not be elected in November.

Wet Dream Alert !

Wet Dream Alert !

Wet Dream Alert !

WHats Obamas plan?

Exactly!

So what do you do?

SO what else can we do?

SO I have laid out Romneys plan without the spin and the rhetoric (Above) and I have made it clear that some may not agree that it would work, but non the less, it is Romneys plan.

I have also asked twice now what Obamas plan is....and still not an answer.

So for those of you that think the above wont work.....what is Obamas plan?

2. None of the regulations that obama has put into place would have stopped what happened.

Yes, the $700B Bush rammed through in his final days was just customary. What did lead to it...by the way. I'm sure you'll blame it on the Democrats, right?

Yes, the $700B Bush rammed through in his final days was just customary. What did lead to it...by the way. I'm sure you'll blame it on the Democrats, right?

What does that have to do with what Romney said was his plan?

Its more of the same that lead to TARP; welcome back to square one.

Reducr our dependency on foreign oil?
LIke the Volt?
10% ethanol?
increasing mileage requirements on vehicles?

No, more like:

Fracking
The Keystone pipeline
Drilling off shore.

Also add coal.
The main stream media is not adding what he says about all forms of energy.
Romney includes wind and solar plus alternative forms that are being tried out in experiments.Done by the private sector not pushed by the Government.

Its more of the same that lead to TARP; welcome back to square one.

No it isn't. Care to explain how you arrived at that conclusion? I'll bet you didn't even hear what Romney said. No real problem, businessmen heard it and IF Romney wins, the economy will begin to recover the very next day after the election.

Don't doubt me.

Don't doubt me.

I disagree. It will start to get better when it becomes apparent that Romney will win. Even before the election. Just like it started getting bad when it became apparent that Obama would win back in 2008.

Forum List

Back