Don’t doubt god’s love

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... just like dat black lady told Rob Lowe inna Steven King movie The Stand...

... 'Ya may not believe in God...

... but He believes in you."
:cool:

That is ALMOST as comforting as knowing that Truth, Justice and The American Way (whatever the fuck that is) will always prevail against evil.

* yawn *

Unfortunately / Fortunately - God is a real as Spiderman and The Flash.

You want proof that 'God' is a joke? How many lives could have been spared on 4 continents if only Chris Columbus and his crew had met Katrina's sister instead of returning to Europe with joyous shouts of "Dude.... You're NEVER gonna guess what we found to exploit!?!"

And how many lives have been restored because Jesus Christ suffered and atoned for the sins of the world and rose on the third day? All of them.

Same record as Spiderman! ALL saves and ZERO losses!

Superhero Jesus ROCKS!! :rock:
sh_thumb.jpg

English is not your first language is it.

Look Im sure your a nice person and all.

I just know that your religion requires you to try and convert people.

Other people get tired of people like you trying to convert them.

Your bliefs are based on myth no matter how much you believe them iut does not make them true.

Im truely glad they make your life better.

Myth can not make my life better.

Only facts can make my life better.

You and others trying to insist that others believe what you believe because it gives YOU comfort is just not a good enough reason to accept myths in place of facts.

Im happy for you, Im glad you found comfort.

Your comfort should not involve you having to insist your myths are facts.

Just enjoy your myth and leave us alone to enjoy our facts.
Truth have always be ignored and underrated by many individual due to their believe and myopic life style even in the midst of undeniable proof of truthfulness people try to justify their own believe especially when such a truth will denial them from some privileges, so they will try by all missed to silent the truth to the extent of painting the personality involve negative. Knowing or unknowingly to them that truth can not be hidden.

This makes no sense.

It is YOUR belief that is based on nothing but myth.

I use facts.

Your religion has NO MORE PROOF than many of the already dead religions man has made up and believed over the time of man.

Just because you CHOOSE to believe it does not make it true.

Tell me something. When the Holy Spirit testifies to your soul that God lives and loves you, how is that not a fact? When you have personal experiences with the Divine that you couldn't articulate with any amount of satisfaction even if you have the tongue of an angel, how can you deny it?

You may never have had any such experience. But there are many who have. I have had sacred experiences with the Holy Spirit. There was one time I didn't know whether there was a God. I didn't know about His love. But through the grace of God, He revealed Himself to me. And He's willing to do that with all His children.

How is this any less a fact? Because you don't believe? Why should I let myself be condemned by the truth by denying it merely because you choose not to believe?

I believe in God, because He believed in me. And no one can know of my experiences with Him other than Him and I. You can disbelieve them all you want. But they happened. I'd be a liar if I said otherwise. There is only one way to know whether God is there or not and that is through personal experiences with Him.

The scriptures teach us how we might obtain our own personal witness and experiences with Him. But they require an experiment on faith. They require humility. And a sincere desire to learn the Truth of God. Are you willing to experiment on the Word? Are you willing to give the Word a place in your heart and exercise faith to see whether it will grow or not?

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so.

That is ALMOST as comforting as knowing that Truth, Justice and The American Way (whatever the fuck that is) will always prevail against evil.

* yawn *

You want proof that 'God' is a joke? How many lives could have been spared on 4 continents if only Chris Columbus and his crew had met Katrina's sister instead of returning to Europe with joyous shouts of "Dude.... You're NEVER gonna guess what we found to exploit!?!"

And how many lives have been restored because Jesus Christ suffered and atoned for the sins of the world and rose on the third day? All of them.

sh_thumb.jpg

You're not very familiar with Spider-man's origin are you?

One of the worst misunderstandings of Christianity is that of converting people.

Then teach your fellow christians to stop trying to make people feel bad because they are not christians.

There is one and only one attitude that any of us has complete control over... if that is true, :dunno: how can anyone, Christian or otherwise, MAKE you feel bad?

It ain't up to them if you ask me.

Just one little question first...

:dunno: Who the hell is 'God'?​

Ask Him and ye shall recieve. Seek Him and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be open up to you.

I'm sorry... I know this means a lot to you, but :lol:

That's like "You're just jealous because the voice talks to ME!" :muahaha:

You don't have to apologize for how you feel. I've been on this board a long time and I have a thick skin.

The Lord talks to you too. You just need to listen, brother.

Ask Him and ye shall recieve. Seek Him and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be open up to you.

I'm sorry... I know this means a lot to you, but :lol:

That's like "You're just jealous because the voice talks to ME!" :muahaha:

You don't have to apologize for how you feel. I've been on this board a long time and I have a thick skin.

The Lord talks to you too. You just need to listen, brother.

The last time I listened to the voice in my head was just this morning and it was right - good times. :eusa_clap:
:doubt: I don't think that was God though... certainly not YOUR god, that's for damn sure!

sh_thumb.jpg

Apparently not. Doesn't alter my point.

Nor does it alter mine.

You seem to think the fact that people have died throughout history as evidence that there is no such thing as a loving God. Yet, the very God you criticize as an unloving God for letting people die, sacrificed everything so that every person who ever lived, good or evil, would be restored to life, never to die again.

We die because of the Fall. Because we have the ability to chose and there are consequences for our choices. But the Lord chose to suffer to help us overcome our suffering. He felt our pains to give us comfort in them. He descended below all things so that He could lift us above all things.

He did that despite the fact that He knew some people wouldn't accept the sacrifice. He did that knowing some would mock, and belittle what He did. He loved us so much that despite knowing how much some of us would hurt Him, He suffered for us anyway.

I don't know how anyone can be more loving than that, whether they be man or Diety.

* yawn *

There is confounding evidence that Columbus landed nearly 200 years after a near-extinction of each other in battles and human sacrifices in which entire societies disappeared in the New World from Colorado down through Columbia. What happened to them is not known. Surely some practice of theirs is responsible for their own self-immolation, not western man's, who may have saved the remnant left by heinous political practice of human sacrifices.

Pure speculation on my part. :eusa_whistle:

The point being that when the Europeans met the Original Americans, and it stuck in history, the Europeans were led by a bunch of spoiled rich fuckers who had no problem backing up with a private army a declaration of ownership over some of the very people who were their neighbors.

Imagine what our World might be like if Europe and America had met just 2 generations later. Imagine six generations.

Imagine the garden that God could have built had the Europeans been forced to learn to live together with a better understanding of wealth, industrialization and power on a national scale and the responsibility to the planet that comes with it before they found a new world with exploitable resources and started their very profitable 'nation building' exercises to the west.

See why I believe there is no God? If the history of this planet is documentation of some grand plan by a loving god, I call massive fail. A little bad weather, strategically located in time, could have made this planet a very different World than the one we know. And if you tell me that we lost the opportunity for that World when it became clear to Man that He thought, therefore He was, and the first thoughts of a young Adam were inevitably turning to a young and nubile Eve, I will reiterate - See why I believe there is no God?
My dear Mr. AVG-JOE, for the same reason you believe there is not God, I believe he came to live among us, and that reason is free will to believe it or not.

I'm not the theologian in the family like both my grandfathers were as well as my great grandfather on my mother's side. Their ancestors came to this country on the Mayflower to escape the cruel punishment the Europeans inflicted on Christians. My family was Holland-Dutch, and among our history books were a long line of pastors, schoolmarms, and honest-to-goodness songbirds (like my mother was). Even today, when people see us Presbyterians going to church, they laugh and say "Oh, there's the frozen chosen." hahahahaha!

I was taught the history of the church from long before mother's family arrived at Plymouth Rock. We built Jerusalem in a little sand box with cute people made of river pebbles glued together and wrapped in cloth and burlap. It was fun. I grew up with generations of God's love all around me.

I'm tickled to be a friend of yours if you'll have me, but I don't hold your thoughts against you if you don't hold mine against me. If you did, I'd be a sad friend. You don't seem to be a grudge-holding man. Keep in mind that just because I love God, I'm not St. Peter the judge, ok? My mother thought that a life of doing good things and having a good heart was what was important to God, not fears and doubts. That kind of stuff just doesn't worry me. I just love God and believe in his promises of love for the people he created, which is all of us.

When I was answering your posts, I was just putting together some stuff I read about some of the Aztecs and Anastazi tribes (SW Colorado, I think) as disappearing in a similar time parameter between 1250-1300 with no explanation as to what happened to them that anyone can remember. That may have changed in the 20 years since I read about it, but I haven't read any such reports nor seen anything different on the history channels we get here.

Last edited:
Does God love those he sends to hell for everlasting torture?

Seems like a strange thing to do to those you love.

Seems to me that if God loves those souls, it is more loving and moral to just destroy them instead of subjecting them to a purposeless everlasting torture.

If God's love is unconditional as you say, then what is all this love honor and obey stuff that he demands for him to love us and not send us, who he loves, LOL, to hell.

Regards
DL

Where in the scriptures does it mention torture?

He doesnt demand anything. He invites. He counsels. He exhorts. He persuades. God wants us to come to Him of our own free will so we can learn wisdom and comprehend the path to happiness.
Oh, yes, Avatar 4321, about the torture that is mentioned in the scripture, look at Matthew 27. The torture of Jesus Christ is mentioned, but it is in language that was known better to people of the time of King James. I heard Mel Gibson's movie on the crucifixion of our dear Lord was quite descriptive, so I didn't go. I did understand it from my reading with 6 translations, and I don't go to horror flicks since Jaws. I had a 3-day headache after that. I can't imagine what seeing our dear and generous savior would be like, but I didn't care for the experience, hoping our good Lord will forgive me for my omission of facing what Christ faced.

Thank you for your lovely posts. I'm glad your faith means so much to you. :)

Apparently not. Doesn't alter my point.

Nor does it alter mine.

You seem to think the fact that people have died throughout history as evidence that there is no such thing as a loving God. Yet, the very God you criticize as an unloving God for letting people die, sacrificed everything so that every person who ever lived, good or evil, would be restored to life, never to die again.

We die because of the Fall. Because we have the ability to chose and there are consequences for our choices. But the Lord chose to suffer to help us overcome our suffering. He felt our pains to give us comfort in them. He descended below all things so that He could lift us above all things.

He did that despite the fact that He knew some people wouldn't accept the sacrifice. He did that knowing some would mock, and belittle what He did. He loved us so much that despite knowing how much some of us would hurt Him, He suffered for us anyway.

I don't know how anyone can be more loving than that, whether they be man or Diety.

Time out.

That's not what my thesis is at all. Death is inevitable for all of us, history must be filled with it no matter what course it follows.

All I'm saying is that if you look at the big picture of history with an understanding that Europe was not the only story unfolding as 1500 years passed since the death of God, a few minor tweaks involving crashing the lives of a few explorers could have made this a very different world.

Different better or different worse would be up for discussion, but unless God actually does favor the white race over the rest of His children, ass-u-me-ing God is involved at all, our current history looks more like a mistake by some junior Deity than the documentation of a grandiose blueprint of creation by The Great I Am, planned imperfections notwithstanding.

There is confounding evidence that Columbus landed nearly 200 years after a near-extinction of each other in battles and human sacrifices in which entire societies disappeared in the New World from Colorado down through Columbia. What happened to them is not known. Surely some practice of theirs is responsible for their own self-immolation, not western man's, who may have saved the remnant left by heinous political practice of human sacrifices.

Pure speculation on my part. :eusa_whistle:

The point being that when the Europeans met the Original Americans, and it stuck in history, the Europeans were led by a bunch of spoiled rich fuckers who had no problem backing up with a private army a declaration of ownership over some of the very people who were their neighbors.

Imagine what our World might be like if Europe and America had met just 2 generations later. Imagine six generations.

Imagine the garden that God could have built had the Europeans been forced to learn to live together with a better understanding of wealth, industrialization and power on a national scale and the responsibility to the planet that comes with it before they found a new world with exploitable resources and started their very profitable 'nation building' exercises to the west.

See why I believe there is no God? If the history of this planet is documentation of some grand plan by a loving god, I call massive fail. A little bad weather, strategically located in time, could have made this planet a very different World than the one we know. And if you tell me that we lost the opportunity for that World when it became clear to Man that He thought, therefore He was, and the first thoughts of a young Adam were inevitably turning to a young and nubile Eve, I will reiterate - See why I believe there is no God?
My dear Mr. AVG-JOE, for the same reason you believe there is not God, I believe he came to live among us, and that reason is free will to believe it or not.

I'm not the theologian in the family like both my grandfathers were as well as my great grandfather on my mother's side. Their ancestors came to this country on the Mayflower to escape the cruel punishment the Europeans inflicted on Christians. My family was Holland-Dutch, and among our history books were a long line of pastors, schoolmarms, and honest-to-goodness songbirds (like my mother was). Even today, when people see us Presbyterians going to church, they laugh and say "Oh, there's the frozen chosen." hahahahaha!

I was taught the history of the church from long before mother's family arrived at Plymouth Rock. We built Jerusalem in a little sand box with cute people made of river pebbles glued together and wrapped in cloth and burlap. It was fun. I grew up with generations of God's love all around me.

I'm tickled to be a friend of yours if you'll have me, but I don't hold your thoughts against you if you don't hold mine against me. If you did, I'd be a sad friend. You don't seem to be a grudge-holding man. Keep in mind that just because I love God, I'm not St. Peter the judge, ok? My mother thought that a life of doing good things and having a good heart was what was important to God, not fears and doubts. That kind of stuff just doesn't worry me. I just love God and believe in his promises of love for the people he created, which is all of us.

When I was answering your posts, I was just putting together some stuff I read about some of the Aztecs and Anastazi tribes (SW Colorado, I think) as disappearing in a similar time parameter between 1250-1300 with no explanation as to what happened to them that anyone can remember. That may have changed in the 20 years since I read about it, but I haven't read any such reports nor seen anything different on the history channels we get here.

No worries, Becki. I'm not here to judge or to be judged, just to document my thoughts and feelings.
Conversation with my friends just makes it easier and more thorough.

Huggy, you're confusing eros with agape. :eusa_whistle:

Is that something like the "agaping" love(eros) holes in a blowup doll?
The letters "agaping" form no word. The word love has four Greek meanings from "eros," which is based on attraction, "storge" based on caring feelings as in family loyalty, "philia," like Philadelphia's motto of brotherly love, and the highest form, "agape," which is the kind of love God has for man--that we too can in a limited way feel toward others unless we are a sociopath and have an absence of feeling or caring for anyone in society.

Not everybody is interested in the agape form of love, because it requires a discipline to ignore the guttural and acknowledge the spiritual.

Do you love me, Huggy?

Depends...what are you wearing?

If you insist on being a religious snob and try to talk down to me I insist we cover your mouth with duct tape if you want me to love you. It comes in many exciting colors.

Howsabout we shitcan all this christian bullshit..calling peeps sociopathes if they don't buy into your trip..... and do it Hindu style!!!!

One part of Hinduism is Tantra practices. These practices lay down a different path to God and salvation and one of them is sex. This is recognized as a driving force to become one with the almighty. The nineteenth century rekindled a renewed interest in Hinduism among foreign researchers who also began to study Tantra philosophy and its path to god through sex.

It must be understood that Hinduism recognizes that to become one with the almighty an individual must either pray, do penance or indulge in sacred sex. This path to God through sacred sex is perhaps the most difficult to understand. But Tantra preaches that the sexual act is not just a physical union but a long process that consists of harnessing the life giving energy for this task.

Tantra advocates sex where orgasm is not the end all and be the entire sex act. Most human beings understand sex as a need to have an orgasm. Tantra sex believes in the exact opposite of this. Tantra sex while not focusing on orgasm believes in prolonging the sex act so as to help the lovers reach a higher spiritual plane.

The crux of a normal sex act is the spermatozoa. These have life giving power and the essence of tantra is to harness this life giving force to awaken the ESP powers of man. This on the face of it looks ludicrous; but a deeper study has proved this as true. The Yogis in Hinduism are the living example of this aspect of Hindu thought.

Tantric sex is an advanced state of human thought and has to be learn’t. Only an expert Yogi or teacher can guide you through this act. Once you have understood the rudiments of Tantra sex, an intense peace will descend over you and you will feel you have reached a higher plane. Tantra sex means worshipping the body of the partner and further steps include massage with aromatic oils to the accompaniment of sacred hymns. The aim is to conserve the human sperm to ignite latent ESP powers.

Some tantra sexual practices lay stress on attainment of black magic powers . These practices are carried out in a graveyard and can be weird. Tantric sex is a part of the Hindu religion. It is one of the paths to salvation, but it requires a deep study and more important a belief

What will make you to doubt God’s love? The answer is nothing, nothing and nothing. Are you facing hatred, hunger or homelessness? There is not one thing, evil enough, ugly enough, deep enough, to stop God from loving you. Who shall separate us from the love of God? Nothing can separate us from God’s love (Romans 8:35-39). Nothing anyone could possibly do to you can sever or cut that connection - the unstoppable, undeniable, unconditional love of God. His love for you is undeniable, unstoppable. Therefore, don’t doubt God’s desire or ability to help you; don’t doubt His love for you.Read more

Auschwitz. Treblinka. And so many more.

One of the worst misunderstandings of Christianity is that of converting people.

Then teach your fellow christians to stop trying to make people feel bad because they are not christians.

Why don't you just stay away and ignore us then? You'd be under alot less stress! :cuckoo:

Because his social conscience is alive and he recognizes that for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

You want to be left to grow your evil doctrine. Not too surprising.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

Regards
DL

Does God love those he sends to hell for everlasting torture?

Seems like a strange thing to do to those you love.

Seems to me that if God loves those souls, it is more loving and moral to just destroy them instead of subjecting them to a purposeless everlasting torture.

If God's love is unconditional as you say, then what is all this love honor and obey stuff that he demands for him to love us and not send us, who he loves, LOL, to hell.

Regards
DL

Where in the scriptures does it mention torture?

He doesnt demand anything. He invites. He counsels. He exhorts. He persuades. God wants us to come to Him of our own free will so we can learn wisdom and comprehend the path to happiness.

He does not demand that we love honor and obey his genocidal son murdering self?

Yes he does.
Be ready to kiss his rump if you want access to heaven. If not, he loves you enough to burn you forever. If that is not demanding that you be a slave, then keep your head in the sand.

Regards
DL

What Is Your Thorn?
Is any weakness holding you down? Your weakness could be unbelief, depression, isolation, hatred, just name it. What we see as a disadvantage in our lives can be turned into an advantage and apparent weaknesses can be transformed into strengths. Just hold on to Jesus he will see you through

Forum List

Back