Don't donate to Haiti

If you owe 28,000 to the IRS and cant afford to donate anything to this effort fire your accountant.

Why should I fire may accountant? He saved me almost 10 grand off that obscene tax bill.

But after I max out my retirement fund contributions for 2009 and pay the fucking IRS there won't be much left to give away.
Camels pass through the eyes of needles.

If you have that high a tax burden, you are blessed beyond what the average Haitian can dream of. Are your troubles greater than theirs?

It is not for anyone to judge another. We each do as our own conscience drives us. It is not our business to know who can or cannot, will or will not, contribute. Just you do what your conscience tells you to do and let others do likewise.

This is the liberal disease - you constantly decide how other people should act. Conservatives don't worry about what others are doing, only what I as an individual should do.

Limbaugh said on his radio show yesterday that he wouldn't trust that money donated to Haiti through the White House Web site would actually go to the relief efforts.

nice spin

Yes, and he is stating that again this morning. It's Obama that wants to get rid of tax deductions for charitable donations.

Be careful who you donate to on this crisis. I agree they need help, but there are alot of cons out there who will try to take advantage of this disastor. I like the American Red Cross and you can specify that you want your money to go to this cirisis. Remember 9-11?? When donators found out that the Red Cross was stock-piling money from 9-11 to save for other disastors? They had to fix that, and they have.

Doctors without borders is another good one. Just be careful that it's a legitimate organization.

I kinda like the way the UK does it. I pay UK tax but when I donate to a charity, I give the charity my zip code and they can claim my tax from the government. So, in effect, every £1 I donate means £1.28 to the charity because the government gives them my tax on that £1.

Why should I fire may accountant? He saved me almost 10 grand off that obscene tax bill.

But after I max out my retirement fund contributions for 2009 and pay the fucking IRS there won't be much left to give away.

If you have that high a tax burden, you are blessed beyond what the average Haitian can dream of. Are your troubles greater than theirs?

It is not for anyone to judge another. We each do as our own conscience drives us. It is not our business to know who can or cannot, will or will not, contribute. Just you do what your conscience tells you to do and let others do likewise.

This is the liberal disease - you constantly decide how other people should act. Conservatives don't worry about what others are doing, only what I as an individual should do.

You sure hit that nail on the head! :clap2:

So, when social conservatives claim "America is a Christian Nation", we can easily ignore that because we must all follow our own conscience? We cannot tell others what to do? We should act as individuals?

How many social conservatives are willing to abandon that position?

So, when social conservatives claim "America is a Christian Nation", we can easily ignore that because we must all follow our own conscience? We cannot tell others what to do? We should act as individuals?

Incomprehensible that people should act as they as individuals see fit? Are we not capable of doing that? You may need to be told how to behave by your government, I certainly don't.

Incomprehensible that people should act as they as individuals see fit? Are we not capable of doing that? You may need to be told how to behave by your government, I certainly don't.
Please square the antipathy to Haiti with what might very well be a "Christian Nation" as social conservatives claim.

Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Motherfuck him and John Wayne
Cause I'm Black and I'm proud
I'm ready and hyped plus I'm amped
Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps
Sample a look back you look and find
Nothing but rednecks for 400 years if you check
Don't worry be happy
Was a number one jam
Damn if I say it you can slap me right here
(Get it) lets get this party started right
Right on, c'mon
What we got to say
Power to the people no delay
To make everybody see
In order to fight the powers that be

(Fight the Power)

Take it however you see it. I simply made an accurate observation. What I don't get is in times like these we're all of a sudden a Christian nation but any other time Christians are condemned.

Personally I don't think the govt. should be sending any money, it should be up to the individual whether or not they want to donate funds. I think we should send in troops and Navy medical ships and do what we can without handing over millions of dollars to a corrupt nation.
There doesn't seem to be much government at all in Haiti today, corrupt or otherwise.

And your point is?

There is no point. You want to screw them no matter what. We get it.

Limbaugh tells listeners not to donate | Philadelphia Daily News | 01/15/2010

Limbaugh said on his radio show yesterday that he wouldn't trust that money donated to Haiti through the White House Web site would actually go to the relief efforts. He said Americans don't need to contribute to earthquake relief because they already donate to Haiti through their income taxes.

Rush is a pungent piece of garbage.

Now, that comment I kind of agree with. But.... the fact still remains.... he did not say what the OP claims he said.

As an intelligent liberal, do you not find it offensive that the media are using the tragedy of Haiti to spin into it's usual anti-Rush rant?

Limbaugh demonstrated nothing other than he does not trust the government. So what? Nor do I.
No matter how obvious a premeditated liar LimpBoy is, his sycophants will always whine he is misrepresented by the evil media, out to get the poor little perpetual victim, Stuttering LimpBoy.

The paper actually went quite easy on the pathological liar!!!!!

Not only did MessiahRushie lie about money not going to Haiti if you use the Red Cross link on the whitehouse.gov site exactly as the paper reported, and lie about Obama sending you to the whitehouse.gov website to put your info on Obama's mailing list, the site merely links you directly to the Red Cross without your providing any personal info at all, but he also lies about having to read through what Obama said about Haiti to get the donation info "BURIED in a VERY LONG blog post."

Not only is the blog post VERY SHORT, the donation info comes FIRST, and you have to click on a link at the end of the post in the update to even see Obama's comments on Haiti to read them.

There is no lie too small for LimpBoy when it comes to attacking Obama! Yet the Mindless drones will keep saying the America hating LimpBoy is being falsely portrayed by the evil media out to get him.

Obama Leaps into Action on Haiti
January 13, 2010
CALLER:* Mega Rush Baby dittos.* My question is, why did Obama in the sound bite you played earlier, when he's talking about if you wanted to donate some money, you can go to WhiteHouse.gov --

RUSH:* Yeah.

CALLER: -- to direct you how to do so.* If I want to donate money to the Red Cross, why do I need to go to the WhiteHouse.gov page and --

RUSH:* Exactly.* Would you trust that the money is going to go to Haiti?

CALLER:* No.

RUSH:* Would you trust that your name is going to end up on a mailing list for the Obama people to start asking you for campaign donations for him and other causes.

CALLER:* Absolutely.

RUSH:* Absolutely right.

CALLER:* That's the point.

RUSH:* Besides, we've already donated to Haiti.* It's called the US income tax.

RUSH:* I'm glad you called, Carol.* Thanks very much.* I had somebody go to WhiteHouse.gov to see what the donation process is.* And this is all the guidance you get on donating to Haiti at the White House site.* What I'm going to read to you is buried in a very long blog post about what Obama said about the earthquake.* You get that first, you gotta read what Obama said, the maximum leader, you gotta read what he says and then you get to the bottom and here's what it says.* "You can also help, immediately, by donating to the Red Cross to assist the relief effort.* Contribute online here, or donate $10 to be charged to your cell phone bill by texting Haiti.* Find more ways to help through the Center for International Disaster Information."* So that's all the guidance you get.* Now, that's pretty easy, text Haiti and you're gonna get billed for ten bucks and that money ostensibly is going to go to Haiti.

The White House
Help for Haiti | The White House

The White House Blog
Help for Haiti
Posted by Jesse Lee on January 13, 2010 at 09:53 AM EST
The President has been receiving updates on the urgent situation in Haiti late into last night and throughout the day, and top members of his team have been convening to formulate the government response.**
You can also help immediately by donating to the Red Cross to assist the relief effort. Contribute online to the Red Cross, or donate $10 to be charged to your cell phone bill by texting "HAITI" to "90999."* Find more ways to help through the Center for International Disaster Information.
Families of Americans living in Haiti are encouraged to contact the State Department at 888-407-4747.
Update: Watch the President's remarks this morning below, or read the transcript.

You do know that conservative are far more charitable than liberals.

yes...because their giving tends to be through their churches.... to their own. and if you call giving to an evangelical missionary charity, then yes, 'conservatives' give a lot more.

Tell me how much money have you donated to Haiti? Me? I sent the Red Cross 5 thousand dollars yesterday, money I was planning on giving to Rick Perry's campaign.

had nothing to do with the fact that Medina kicked his butt, eh?

and what i gave is none of your business. but i gave what i felt comfortable with.

But here's the rub, I wouldn't expect the Haitians or any other group of people to send money when they themselves are broke.

and?

But we're expected to send money when we're broke.

*We* aren't broke. The average Haitian makes just under $400 a year. You?

Shall I remind you how deep in debt we are?

yeah... that happens when a leader cuts taxes during wartime for the first time in all of recorded history.

And do you care? Perhaps not, and I believe that's one of the differences between conservatives and liberals. Liberals will spend the hell out of other peoples money and the money of our grandchildren without regret.

All of that is very nice... but sometimes you do what you have to. And none of that has anything to do with the disgusting comments that imbecile oxycontin addict made.

Since 1960 the U.S has spent a lot of money, about $5 billion which has basically been an abject failure. So why should we, as a nation, keep handing over money to a country that has been unable to run itself.

we gave money because it suited us to support dictators.

and now we should let the bodies bake in the sun, right?

humitarian aid/contributions to the red cross and groups like yele haiti have nothing to do with handing over money to the Haitian government.

keep spinning though.

Last edited:
yeah it is hard to think that many people i herd 50,000 wiped off the face of this earth how sad.

Its a shame that someone with the influence of Rush Limbaugh would try to block aid to a country in the middle of a disaster. Delay of aid will cost tens of thousands their lives.

Limbaugh once again shows his true colors

Despicable

Criteria for what? I merely made an accurate observation.

You haven't proven that your observation is accurate.

Independent thinkers and those that use logic and reason don't need proof to know that the statement I made was accurate. To prove my statement incorrect or false you need to find some Haitians that DID donate to the causes I mentioned. Good luck with that.

Did you intend your statement to be pointless? Because if you didn't it's clear that your implied point was that since Haiti didn't help during Katrina, we shouldn't help them.

Oh my, Rush should be CONDEMMENED, condemned I tell ya..for speaking his mind about the Obama..:lol:

But I suppose those speaking out about how President Bush hated black people for his help in Katrina were speaking truth to power, or something..

Did you intentionally equate Rush Limbaugh with whoever said Bush hates black people? So he belongs in the same category?

btw, Rush said this:

LIMBAUGH: Would you trust the money's gonna go to Haiti?

CALLER: No.

LIMBAUGH: But would you trust that your name is gonna end up on the mailing list for the Obama people to start asking you for campaign donations for him and other causes?

CALLER: Absolutely.

LIMBAUGH: Absolutely right.

CALLER: That's the point.

LIMBAUGH: Besides, we've already donated to Haiti. It's called the U.S. income tax.
Yeah, ending up on a mailing list. Now that would be a disaster.

Rush thinks that if you click through the whitehouse.gov site to the Red Cross sites and donate you're going to end up on an Obama mailing list.

That, my friends, is idiocy.

Who the hell gives a crap what Rush, Olbermann, Joe Scarborough, or this President says..If people want to donate they don't need anyone to tell them when or where to do it. If the left really gave a shit about Hati these left wing talking heads and newpapers wouldn't be stirring up crap about Rush just to make a some sort of point.
Which for many of people they can see what it is about. which is totall Busllshit

Last edited:
Its a shame that someone with the influence of Rush Limbaugh would try to block aid to a country in the middle of a disaster. Delay of aid will cost tens of thousands their lives.

Limbaugh once again shows his true colors

Despicable

He wasnt saying dont support or give to haiti. He was saying dont do through the whitehouse.

I strongly concurr.

Rush is a pungent piece of garbage.

Now, that comment I kind of agree with. But.... the fact still remains.... he did not say what the OP claims he said.

As an intelligent liberal, do you not find it offensive that the media are using the tragedy of Haiti to spin into it's usual anti-Rush rant?
It's Limbaugh's own fault. He politicized the issue with his statement about mistrust of the White House web site.

Those who blindly follow this demagogue are constantly cleaning up after him. They never disassociate themselves from his twisted attitudes.

It's almost as if Limbaugh were Jeremiah Wright and his followers keep passing the collection plate. Rather than waking up and considering Limbaugh's faux pas as the real damage they are, the ditto heads bend over backwards to burnish the image of the addict Limbaugh.

Well, so much for Cali's optimism about you being an "intelligent liberal".

It is Rush, who has politicized the catastrophe in Haiti...with every breath he has taken, since it has happened.

Yes, he has. And I think it is disgraceful. He should be ashamed of himself.... of course, he won't be.

Ben Feller, AP news: "Obama Heeding Lessons of Katrina -- This is what President Barack Obama wants people to think about the U.S. reaction to the catastrophe in Haiti: 'swift, coordinated and aggressive.' He promised that stellar response in his first comments about the earthquake on Wednesday, then repeated it twice on Thursday. In other words, this will not be Hurricane Katrina . . . The world is watching because of the expectations that come with being a rich, powerful democracy that is supposed to look out for its neighbors. And because the stain of Katrina is not gone. 'This is one of those moments that calls out for American leadership,' said Obama, who can add a humanitarian crisis to his first-year tests in office. There are huge contrasts between Katrina, the most destructive natural disaster in U.S. history, and the sorrowful scene unfolding in Haiti. One was a hurricane on U.S. soil that killed 1,800 people across the Gulf Coast; the other was an earthquake hundreds of miles away that may have killed 50,000 people. Yet as the wrenching images come in of people clinging to wreckage, of bodies piling up on the street, the comparisons are inevitable. The botched federal response to Katrina in 2005 became the standard by which emergency responses are measured, and presidents are held accountable."

Oh, yeah. It's RUSH who's politicizing this. How DARE he comment on current events without putting the proper pro-Obama, White House-approved spin on it? :eusa_hand:

Limbaugh is in desperate need of a brain transplant.....The spin began with Limbaugh. He is trying to make Haiti a political issue. The man is totally without class. I have "friends" that listen to this man everyday. That makes me wonder.

Forum List

Back