Don't cry Big Oil....

I don't consider taxes wealth redistribution. I consider it the price you pay for being an American...or a citizen of any country, for that matter.

Taxes are not INHERENTLY wealth redistribution... but liberals in favor of entitlements and Reps in favor of corporate welfare have led much of our taxation into wealth redistribution....

Now fair taxation (equal percentage burden) with the elimination of govermental entitlement programs would do a TON in leading us away from any form of wealth redistribution

Taxes are not INHERENTLY wealth redistribution... but liberals in favor of entitlements and Reps in favor of corporate welfare have led much of our taxation into wealth redistribution....

Now fair taxation (equal percentage burden) with the elimination of govermental entitlement programs would do a TON in leading us away from any form of wealth redistribution
I used to think that as well but I've become convinced that that would unfairly burden the poor. The progressive system seems the fairest system to me.

Just take away the entitlement aspect...make people do something to get their bennies if they can't get on their feet past a certain point. There are probably all kind of ways to improve the system, yet for some reason nothings been done since Clinton was in office.

THe system is already too big and unwieldy. Entitlements are what pay for disability and cash and medical for children. You really want to get rid of them?

I used to think that as well but I've become convinced that that would unfairly burden the poor. The progressive system seems the fairest system to me.

Just take away the entitlement aspect...make people do something to get their bennies if they can't get on their feet past a certain point. There are probably all kind of ways to improve the system, yet for some reason nothings been done since Clinton was in office.

As justice is blind, so should be the price each of us pays to have our freedom based government operate...

10% is 10%... 15% is 15%.... the "rich" still pay more.. the "poor" still pay less... it is not the job of government to punish those who earn more for the benefit of those who do not... all citizens of this country are to be treated EQUALLY... if you want equality, just as if you want freedom, you have to take the good and the bad consequences of each... with freedom you have the right to fail just as you have the right to succeed... with equality you have the right to have equal burden and to be judged on your merits and not stupid things such as race, age, gender, etc

You are not owed anything by anyone else in terms of your personal well being... you want to yell at someone about how you need more for yourself, do it in a mirror

THe system is already too big and unwieldy. Entitlements are what pay for disability and cash and medical for children. You really want to get rid of them?
No, I'm okay with those. And I'm okay with helping out old people that lose their pensions though no fault of their own. I do think there are people that collect welfare that are able bodied enough to perform some kind of function.

As justice is blind, so should be the price each of us pays to have our freedom based government operate...

10% is 10%... 15% is 15%.... the "rich" still pay more.. the "poor" still pay less... it is not the job of government to punish those who earn more for the benefit of those who do not... all citizens of this country are to be treated EQUALLY... if you want equality, just as if you want freedom, you have to take the good and the bad consequences of each... with freedom you have the right to fail just as you have the right to succeed... with equality you have the right to have equal burden and to be judged on your merits and not stupid things such as race, age, gender, etc

You are not owed anything by anyone else in terms of your personal well being... you want to yell at someone about how you need more for yourself, do it in a mirror
I don't need more myself. By my own personal definition, I am wealthy. I don't have a problem if I pay more taxes than the guy that trims my trees does. I still make a boat load more money than he makes.

One problem I see with the flat rate is that the ultra rich already are able to shelter their money from taxes. Nothing is going to change that.

I don't need more myself. By my own personal definition, I am wealthy. I don't have a problem if I pay more taxes than the guy that trims my trees does. I still make a boat load more money than he makes.

One problem I see with the flat rate is that the ultra rich already are able to shelter their money from taxes. Nothing is going to change that.

It's why I support elimination of loopholes and taxation of all income...

The system we have is unnecessarily complicated and not based on equality in the least

Forum List

Back