Don't Catch The Rapist

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big D

After black community leaders complained to Police Chief Timothy J. Longo that DNA dragnet testing of black men amounted to racial profiling, Longo agreed in mid-April to place limits on the tests.

Police can no longer request cheek swabs from black men simply because they look suspicious or resemble a police sketch of the rapist. Officers now must notify a supervisor first, then inform the men stopped that they do not have to give a sample. If the men refuse, the officers will need to get a court order.

In a practice decried as racist, police have stopped nearly 200 black men to ask them for cheek-swab tissue samples.
http://courttv.com/news/2004/0503/dna_ap.html

This is the type of attitude that allows crime to prevail in "certain" areas. Only a area of large criminal element would object to this action by law enforcement.

In the area where I live these actions by the police would be praised.

This is so incredibly stupid. why not simply provide the dna and work with the police to help find the real culprit. You lose absolutely nothing doing so and you redirect tax dollars into criminal investigations against yourself.

Just think for a second what this can do in combination with the patriot act.

It doesn't matter what your race is, this sort of police power is overboard.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Just think for a second what this can do in combination with the patriot act.

It doesn't matter what your race is, this sort of police power is overboard.

It's fine. Only the guilty need be fearful. Fuckem.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Big Brother would be so proud of you. :rolleyes:

Why don't you ever make a real argument instead of just making personal attacks? Why should an innocent person fear this? One good reason.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Why don't you ever make a real argument instead of just making personal attacks? Why should an innocent person fear this? One good reason.

1. The system is flawed, and innocent people can sometimes be tagged.

2. DNA will then not ever leave the national databases. I know more about this than you do since I was on the inside of the organized creation of it through healthcare. Don't bother trying to argue it, you will suck horrendously.

3. The patriot act already gives police way to much power in all vague circumstances without any real check or balance. The document is clearly unconstitutional. This adds more data collection potential for later use, and when you combine the two, you have written a blank check for the government to OWN you.

4. Corruption happens.

5. Hacking happens.

6. Are we gaining MORE freedoms over time or less?

7. What is the track record of Rome before it's decline and how would you correlate that to today?

You want 1?
I give you 7.

And knock off your self righteous BS about calling people names. That is all you ever do in more than 3/4 of your posts.

1. The system is flawed, and innocent people can sometimes be tagged.

2. DNA will then not ever leave the national databases. I know more about this than you do since I was on the inside of the organized creation of it through healthcare. Don't bother trying to argue it, you will suck horrendously.

3. The patriot act already gives police way to much power in all vague circumstances without any real check or balance. The document is clearly unconstitutional. This adds more data collection potential for later use, and when you combine the two, you have written a blank check for the government to OWN you.

4. Corruption happens.

5. Hacking happens.

6. Are we gaining MORE freedoms over time or less?

7. What is the track record of Rome before it's decline and how would you correlate that to today?

You want 1?
I give you 7.

And knock off your self righteous BS about calling people names. That is all you ever do in more than 3/4 of your posts.

umm, Some of them were questions; a question isn't a reason. I still think an innocent person should have nothing to fear.

umm, Some of them were questions; a question isn't a reason. I still think an innocent person should have nothing to fear.

You cannot have an innocent person if the deck is stacked against them from the beginning.

It creates automatic guilt. You are not thinking about all of the reasons I posted, which you DID request.

that IS my argument. Its big brother. The fact that you approve and support this type of society should be alarming to those of us who support american freedom and liberty.

The type of approach you support is the exact opposite of 'innocent until proven guilty'. Would we truly be a better and freer society by using 'guilty until eliminated as a suspect'?

Collecting a swab of cells is not an injustice. SOrry. Try to make it a big deal; it's just not one. Villify me all you'd like. It's all you ever do, anyway.

What does an innocent man have to fear of this? We're all already marked in a database.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
that IS my argument. Its big brother. The fact that you approve and support this type of society should be alarming to those of us who support american freedom and liberty.

There still needs to be a trial and everything.

You guys need to find something other than generalized moral outrage and a b version of the slippery slope argument.

What does an innocent man have to fear of this?

Already answered clearly and consicely.

We're all already marked in a database.

If you don't stand up for your liberties, you do your country a disservice.

You guys need to find something other than generalized moral outrage and a b version of the slippery slope argument.

Spoken like an ignorant fool who has no idea of what his country has ever done historically.

-Not to mention Rome.

You wrote a lot of crap. None of it convincing.

Bush or kerry?

I am now totally convinced you have NO information about anything and cannot formulate a thought without soundbites and television newsfeeds which you would spew verbatim right out your tiny little pie hole.

I am now totally convinced you have NO information about anything and cannot formulate a thought without soundbites and television newsfeeds which you would spew verbatim right out your tiny little pie hole.

Your notion of me is quite wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back