Don’t call them tariffs. Call them what they are....taxes.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trump's new tariff threat could make iPhones, toys and shoes more expensive - CNN

Trump has repeatedly claimed that China pays the tariffs. And while some Chinese companies may choose to eat some of the cost in order to remain competitive in the US market, several recent research papers show that American consumers and producers take on most of the burden.

Let’s quit calling them tariffs, call them what they are, taxes.

Trump economists quit en masse after reports showing farmers hurt by tariffs

The reports shone a light on how Trump’s tariffs have led to a decline in farm income, which the economists noted has already fallen by 50 percent since 2013. Another report showed that Republican tax cuts only benefited the wealthiest farmers.

I thought Republicans hated taxes? Only the wealthy escape. Only the wealthy.

Pinheaded non sequiturs notwithstanding, I do think Trump should quit lying to you clowns about who pays the tariffs. It ain't China.

Trump's new tariff threat could make iPhones, toys and shoes more expensive - CNN

Trump has repeatedly claimed that China pays the tariffs. And while some Chinese companies may choose to eat some of the cost in order to remain competitive in the US market, several recent research papers show that American consumers and producers take on most of the burden.

The reports shone a light on how Trump’s tariffs have led to a decline in farm income, which the economists noted has already fallen by 50 percent since 2013. Another report showed that Republican tax cuts only benefited the wealthiest farmers.

So? We need more consumption taxes. It is the only meaningful market-based environmental check on wasteful consumption and environmental degradation. Whatever Trump adds to the cost of Chinese crap isn't enough, but it is a start.

Pinheaded non sequiturs notwithstanding, I do think Trump should quit lying to you clowns about who pays the tariffs. It ain't China.
So you believe that we should continue to have an unfair trade agreement with China?

What does that have to do with with Trump telling you China pays the tariffs?

Where is your proof that China doesn't? You have to prove your point before anyone has to debate you. Simply saying its true doesn't work.

So? We need more consumption taxes. It is the only meaningful market-based environmental check on wasteful consumption and environmental degradation. Whatever Trump adds to the cost of Chinese crap isn't enough, but it is a start.
What is great about a consumption tax is that it is a FAIR tax. Those very rich pay more because they consume more while those liberals who live on welfare consume less with our tax dollars so pay less in taxes.

So you believe that we should continue to have an unfair trade agreement with China?

before I answer your question, how about answering mine.

before I answer your question, how about answering mine.

How do you go from me complaining about Trump's false statements on tariff payments, to deciding I want an unfair trade agreement with China? That's not a rational conclusion.

The thing I love best is Individual1 saying his tariffs bring wealth to the US and none of the pinheads dispute that. One can see how he was elected pres.

The thing I love best is Individual1 saying his tariffs bring wealth to the US and none of the pinheads dispute that. One can see how he was elected pres.
We saw how dumb you fuckers were when you let Hillary Clinton steal the primary away from Bernie, but then even stupider when you vote for the sick Bitch over President Trump.

Where is your proof that China doesn't?
I don't think any one disputes the importer pays the tariffs. Or do you dispute that?

Yes I do. Prove your point or retract it.

Wait, the importer? What are you talking about? If we place tariffs on Chinese goods our people will see an increase in costs but China has to pay for it or their goods don't come in.

Forum List

Back