Don't Buy This Crazy Product

Get screens out of car front seats, and a lot more drivers lives will be saved; a lot less houses with big holes in their walls.

Last edited:
This picture, is it of someone who lost control of their vehicle because they looked at a GPS?
There's no way of ascertaining that because the fool who destroyed that house won't own up to what he did, or how. He's probably claiming the steering wheel got stuck. I could just hear him.

One thing I do know, is I've been living for 72 years, and have had a TV set for almost the whole time. I don't recall ever seeing these kind of car crashes, until fairly recently. Right around the time when smart phones and dashboard touchscreens popped up.

Now I see them on the TV news, almost daily. I've seen more in the previous month, than I've seen in 60 years before the screens became popular.

And the GPS does give directions audibly.
Audibly is OK. Visual is not.

So billboards should be removed? Signs telling you what gas stations, restaurants and hotels are at a given exit should be removed?

I think you would spend longer reading a billboard of looking to see what 6 restaurants are at a particular exit than you would to spare less than 1 second to glance at the GPS.

This picture, is it of someone who lost control of their vehicle because they looked at a GPS?
There's no way of ascertaining that because the fool who destroyed that house won't own up to what he did, or how. He's probably claiming the steering wheel got stuck. I could just hear him.

One thing I do know, is I've been living for 72 years, and have had a TV set for almost the whole time. I don't recall ever seeing these kind of car crashes, until fairly recently. Right around the time when smart phones and dashboard touchscreens popped up.

Now I see them on the TV news, almost daily. I've seen more in the previous month, than I've seen in 60 years before the screens became popular.

And in that same period of time it went from cameras being fairly uncommon in daily life. Plenty of people owned them, but rarely carried them in their daily lives. Now everyone has a camera with them all the time.

So billboards should be removed? Signs telling you what gas stations, restaurants and hotels are at a given exit should be removed?

I think you would spend longer reading a billboard of looking to see what 6 restaurants are at a particular exit than you would to spare less than 1 second to glance at the GPS.
You brought up GPS, I didn't. There a lot more things on cellphones and touch screens than GPS. And reading billboards is for when you're stopped at red lights, not when you're moving.

As for road signs, they're part of the road scene, where you should be looking.

And in that same period of time it went from cameras being fairly uncommon in daily life. Plenty of people owned them, but rarely carried them in their daily lives. Now everyone has a camera with them all the time.
Yeah, but the cameras don't cause cars to be deposited into living rooms.

You brought up GPS, I didn't. There a lot more things on cellphones and touch screens than GPS. And reading billboards is for when you're stopped at red lights, not when you're moving.

As for road signs, they're part of the road scene, where you should be looking.

There are far more billboards on the interstates than on regular roads. And I don't recall any stoplights.

Yes, I brought up the GPS functions of teh cell phone. Those are typically why you would put the cell phone mount up on the dashboard. Texting would be very awkward there. But texting is, in fact, very much a distraction. And likely accounts for most of those vehicles in houses.

Yeah, but the cameras don't cause cars to be deposited into living rooms.

I didn't say they did. I was responding to your claim that you have seen so many pics of them recently, as opposed to in the past.

Guess what happens when drivers look at touchscreens or cell phones too long >>

th
th
th

Cars get eaten by buildings?

The wife can have her GPS, seems too much like stopping and asking for directions to me. Strictly old school. Before Rubik's Cube existed there was the joy of learning to fold a road map. Simple arithmetic keeps the mind sharp when driving the interstate and using mileposts to mentally compute distances. The pleasure of navigating by compass and discovering where an unfamiliar road went. Have to say I inherited much of my attitude from my dad who considered it impossible to be lost as long as there was fuel still in the gas tank.

Forum List

Back