Don't Blame Me, I Didn't Vote For Him...

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
One of many bad choices, most here pointed out by those that did vote for the one or are left of myself:

Flawed Science Advice for Obama? - TierneyLab Blog - NYTimes.com

December 19, 2008, 4:15 PM
Flawed Science Advice for Obama?
By JOHN TIERNEY
Does being spectacularly wrong about a major issue in your field of expertise hurt your chances of becoming the presidential science advisor? Apparently not, judging by reports from DotEarth and ScienceInsider that Barack Obama will name John P. Holdren as his science advisor on Saturday....

Did you really think that the left most of which see the non issue of global warming - there is a web sight in Czechoslovakian that demonstrates with some interesting math that we have already achieve about 785% of the warming possible from CO2 and that is only around 1 degree celsius - as there main chance to establish an even more powerful and intrusive government than they have thus far yet managed.

Dr. Holdren is an absolute idiot. He epitomizes the word 'Libtard' because he remains arrogant and condescending long after he's been proven wrong. He sounds like a great choice for Obama's administration.

how does this choice rank when compared to the choice of Rahm Emanuel?

Last edited:
The choices that Obama has made from the scientific community get high marks from me. Dr. Chu, and Dr. Lubchenko are excellent choices, and we will see real scientists reporting science without the filter of the political hacks that Bush appointed.

The choices that Obama has made from the scientific community get high marks from me. Dr. Chu, and Dr. Lubchenko are excellent choices, and we will see real scientists reporting science without the filter of the political hacks that Bush appointed.

Rigghtttt, this time they'll be filtered through Barry and the Chicago machine, oh neat !

Rigghtttt, this time they'll be filtered through Barry and the Chicago machine, oh neat !

Nice partisan spin. Given the last eight years, you people are so afraid that Obama may well turn out to be an excellent President. Just the contrast with his ability to speak to that of Bush's has to be a severe embarrassment to you fellows.

Nice partisan spin. Given the last eight years, you people are so afraid that Obama may well turn out to be an excellent President. Just the contrast with his ability to speak to that of Bush's has to be a severe embarrassment to you fellows.

I hope he does turn out to be an excellent president, but i'm from Missouri....

I'm embarrassed because Obama can ( allegedly ) read a teleprompter better than Bush ? :lol: I hope everyone in all 57 states realizes this. :eek:

How about, you're a kool aid drinking baffoon for taking so much pride in the fact that Obama ( allegedly ) is better speaker than Bush.... :cuckoo:

No, I suspect what is really happening is something we see in human nature.

People who are liars assume everyone lies.

Theives think everyone else is a theif.

And political partisans assume everyone is as partisan as they are.

from - New York Times Website:

"Majoring in American Studies, Mr. Tierney graduated from Yale University."

So you posted something from a guy with a bachelor's degree in "American Studies" (whatever that is). :lol:

What are this guys scientific qualifications to judge who does good science and who doesn't? None, that I can tell. His article quotes rightwing blogs, and he sources "The Economist" magazine. I don't think The Economist employs many PhDs from the realm of physics, chemistry, and biology, do you?

This John Holdren guy is a well respected Physicist from Harvard, with degrees from MIT and Stanford. He sits on the board of the National Academy of Science, and the National Academy of Engineering.

Please don't post rightwing blogs, and rightwing journalists with bachelors degrees in "American Studies" in a pathetic attempt to discredit an actual, real scientist.

thanks.

So you posted something from a guy with a bachelor's degree in "American Studies" (whatever that is). :lol:

What are this guys scientific qualifications to judge who does good science and who doesn't? None, that I can tell. His article quotes rightwing blogs, and he sources "The Economist" magazine. I don't think The Economist employs many PhDs from the realm of physics, chemistry, and biology, do you?

This John Holdren guy is a well respected Physicist from Harvard, with degrees from MIT and Stanford. He sits on the board of the National Academy of Science, and the National Academy of Engineering.

Please don't post rightwing blogs, and rightwing journalists with bachelors degrees in "American Studies" in a pathetic attempt to discredit an actual, real scientist.

thanks.

This is what comes of geneeration which was coming up in the time of Reagan.

You remember that supposed poltical truism that they were raised on don't you?

Perception IS reality?

They honestly do imagine that if they can convince people that there is no global warming, and that if there is (now that it is undeniable) that mankind's spewing billions of tons of CO2 had nothing to do with it, that such a popular vote can over-ride the evidence of science.

Remember these are also mostly people who think you can petition the lord with prayer, too, so their grasp of reality is somewhat suspect from the getgo.

No, I suspect what is really happening is something we see in human nature.

People who are liars assume everyone lies.

Theives think everyone else is a theif.

And political partisans assume everyone is as partisan as they are.

liberals only believe other liberals ... :razz:

Ya sure. The scientists that have proven the existance and cause of global warming are from every culture and nation in the world. Are you saying that all the members of all the scientific societies, all of the members of the National Scientific Academies of the world, and all of the scientific staffs of all the major universities are all liberals? For that is the people that have presented the evidence for global warming and it's human cause. The overwhelming scientific consensus on global warming is undeniable by all but the braindead.

And if that is your perception it must be true, right?

The fact is I have no idea what political persuasion most of the climatologists and scientists who tell me that the globe is warming, and who say that mankind's pollution is largely responsible for that actually is.

I merely accept that the overwhelming number of scientists have a better handle on the SCIENCE than most of their detractors.

This is rather difficult for you to understand, isn't it?

Perception isn't reality...reality is reality.

The trick is understanding that just wanting it to be so, doesn't make it so.

What a stunner that he would select somebody who shared his view and considered all others to be "dangerous". Because science isn't about asking questions or anything. Not in Holdren's world.

He even revises his own history. They are a perfect match.

And if that is your perception it must be true, right?

The fact is I have no idea what political persuasion most of the climatologists and scientists who tell me that the globe is warming, and who say that mankind's pollution is largely responsible for that actually is.

I merely accept that the overwhelming number of scientists have a better handle on the SCIENCE than most of their detractors.

This is rather difficult for you to understand, isn't it?

Perception isn't reality...reality is reality.

The trick is understanding that just wanting it to be so, doesn't make it so.

Hey, i'm with you.

I was merely throwing a somewhat facetious tit for tat back at old rockhead, or whatever his name is. He was on his holier than thou high horse that i see with too many liberals, stating that info had to be filtered through Bush, but won't be filtered though Obama. He took it hook, line and sinker, proving his partisanship, yet pointing the finger at me for being " partisan ".... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back