Don't Believe The Hype!

No you fucking idiot.

Government jobs do not grow the economy. The more government jobs that are "created" the more of our tax dollars are taken to pay for them. Therefore the private sector has less money. When the private sector has less money to invest, no real growth occurs.

And where did I say anything about "real jobs" I said they are living off of the tax payers.

And that statement is 100% true.

On the flip side, these people are now receiving pay, which helps them pay their mortgage, buy food and clothing, etc. Something that helps to stimulate a shrinking economy.

Yeah stimulated with money taken from other sectors of the economy.

Again no real growth is occurring.

Which sectors was this money taken from again?

On the flip side, these people are now receiving pay, which helps them pay their mortgage, buy food and clothing, etc. Something that helps to stimulate a shrinking economy.

Keep playing ignorant. You're sooo good at it.

When tax payer money is used to "create" government jobs that money is unavailable to the private sector is it not?

People have more of their money confiscated by the government and therefore have less to save, invest or spend.

The private sector is where all real economic growth originates and when the private sector has less money there is less growth.

When tax payer money is used to "create" government jobs that money is unavailable to the private sector is it not?

People have more of their money confiscated by the government and therefore have less to save, invest or spend.

The private sector is where all real economic growth originates and when the private sector has less money there is less growth.

Well, my taxes haven't gone up to pay for these "government jobs"...so, maybe I am confused as to what money is missing from the economy?

Don’t Believe the Hype! Nearly a third of jobs “created” are part-time gov’t census workers Obama credits economic policies for March jobs picture
Obama left Washington, as he often does on days when jobs numbers are announced, to pay a call on Celgard. The advanced battery technology manufacturer has added about 300 jobs in the state after receiving $49 million as part of the federal stimulus package.

After touring the warehouse, Obama used the company as a backdrop to embrace the Labor Department’s announcement that 162,000 jobs had been created in March, a report that quickly became the central White House message of the day.

Read more at washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Should part time jobs be counted?

People DO get paid for working part time, right? Which certainly beats NO money coming in at all, or living off of the Government, so why WOULDN'T you count them?

But census jobs, summers jobs are not created jobs those jobs will always be.

They are not "created" jobs...they are Constitutionally mandated

Well, my taxes haven't gone up to pay for these "government jobs"...so, maybe I am confused as to what money is missing from the economy?

You mean haven't gone up yet.

Where do you think all this magical money is coming from?

Let's say I agree with you on the "yet" part....how does that play into you claiming that these Census jobs have taken money from the economy already?

Let's say I agree with you on the "yet" part....how does that play into you claiming that these Census jobs have taken money from the economy already?

So our tax dollars are not being used to pay for the census workers?

Then do tell how they are being paid.

I think Skulls got ya on this one Yank. LOL

Govt jobs, from the President on down, are all payed for with tax dollars.

The Govt doesn't make money. It spends it. Big Time.

I never claimed that they weren't being paid with our tax dollars. I was simply disagreeing with you that the Census jobs are taking more money from the private sector. You are acting as if this is something new. Don't we have to perform a Census every 10 years?

The Obama administration is on track for creating more jobs in a few short years than the Bush administration did in eight.

:thup:

And where are those jobs?

go see for yourself
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Job gains occurred in manufacturing, professional and business services, health care, and leisure and hospitality.
Federal government employment also rose, reflecting continued hiring of temporary workers for Census 2010.

Manufacturing added 44,000 jobs in April. Since December, factory employment has risen by 101,000.
Over the month, gains occurred in several durable goods industries, including fabricated metals (9,000)
and machinery (7,000). Employment also grew in nondurable goods manufacturing (14,000).
Mining added 7,000 jobs in April, with most of the increase in support activities for mining. Since last
October, mining has added 39,000 jobs.
In April, construction employment edged up (14,000), following an increase of 26,000 in March. Over
the month, nonresidential building and heavy construction added 9,000 jobs each.

Employment in professional and business services rose by 80,000 in April. Temporary help services
continued to add jobs (26,000); employment in this industry has increased by 330,000 since September
2009. Employment also rose over the month in services to buildings and dwellings (23,000) and in
computer systems design (7,000).
In April, health care employment grew by 20,000, including a gain of 6,000 in hospitals. Over the past
year, health care employment has increased by 244,000.
Employment rose by 45,000 in leisure and hospitality over the month. Much of this increase occurred
in accommodation and food services, which added 29,000 jobs. Food services employment has risen by
84,000 over the past 4 months, while accommodation has added 18,000 jobs over the past 3 months

I never claimed that they weren't being paid with our tax dollars. I was simply disagreeing with you that the Census jobs are taking more money from the private sector. You are acting as if this is something new. Don't we have to perform a Census every 10 years?

Yes and in every one of those years the cost of government goes up to pay for the census takers.

And the deficit is grown.

And the interest on the deficit grows

People with common sense understand this. people who use one credit card to "pay off "another credit card don't

Don’t Believe the Hype! Nearly a third of jobs “created” are part-time gov’t census workers Obama credits economic policies for March jobs picture
Obama left Washington, as he often does on days when jobs numbers are announced, to pay a call on Celgard. The advanced battery technology manufacturer has added about 300 jobs in the state after receiving $49 million as part of the federal stimulus package.

After touring the warehouse, Obama used the company as a backdrop to embrace the Labor Department’s announcement that 162,000 jobs had been created in March, a report that quickly became the central White House message of the day.

Read more at washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

I wouldn't put it past these morons in the Obama Administration to double count all the census workers to make it look better. Nothing this guy does is honest and not full of lies!!!!

I wouldn't put it past these morons in the Obama Administration to double count all the census workers to make it look better. Nothing this guy does is honest and not full of lies!!!!

LOL....you never cease to amaze

You live in your own fantasy world don't you?

Yes and in every one of those years the cost of government goes up to pay for the census takers.

People with common sense understand this. people who use one credit card to "pay off "another credit card don't

The Census is mandatory. WHY are you bitching about it now???

What a moran!

moran.jpg

Last edited:

If you had basic reading comprehension skills you would see that I am not "bitching".

I am merely pointing out that these government jobs are not an indicator of economic growth.

Read a little more carefully. No one will make fun of you if you need to move you lips as you do.

If you had basic reading comprehension skills you would see that I am not "bitching".

I am merely pointing out that these government jobs are not an indicator of economic growth.

Read a little more carefully. No one will make fun of you if you need to move you lips as you do.

My bad. I believe you to be correct in your assessment on Census jobs.

Industry is starting to hire.

You guys need a good supply of tissues while you mourn the economic recovery. Hey, and that will send profits up at Kleenex...win/win!

Then why did unemployment just shoot up?

The Associated Press: Jobless claims rise by largest amount in 3 months

Dont Taz beat me to it...............and the k0kks get pWNED again!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Best of all, its one of the leading headlines on DRUDGE right now!!! Which means only 30 million people will see it today!!!

Of course, the 21%ers will keep saying the jobless rate is dropping all over this forum!!!!

But really...........................:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

USMessageBoard Political Forum Scoreboard update time definately a necessity...................................

Scoreboardbig.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back