Don't Become 'Democrat-Lite'

I pretty much agree with Jeb.

Republicans need to become even more conservative.

Obama just got lucky, and had an advantage in money. No need for fundamental change in the GOP. Just stick to the same message, make it even more conservative, and try to tweak around the margins.

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdphighlights.pdf

Do you know the economy goes through cycles? Contraction (like we are seeing right now) / Expansion (what happened 1993-2001; 2002 - 2007). The first recession during this decade was attributed to Bush? the Dot Com bubble (no, not y2k)? 9-11? My guesstimation would say: you blame Bush. After all, he gave tax cuts to the rich (forget the other marginal tax brackets in the tax code dropped). He increased spending (he's such a fiscal conservative, i bet he conserved by increasing the deficit). He won the election in 2004 (imagine if they we didn't vote republican or democrat every election year, our country is better off).

This recession is man made. This is not an ordinary one that wasn't caused by the GOP. Sorry, not swallowing this spin. Heard it before, along with every other Rush/Rovian comeback.

Remember the last two recessions? 2001 when Bush let planes crash into buildings (conspiracy theory) so he could start a war with Iraq and turn the country over to Iran (reality)

And the one before that was the one that got Daddy Bush out of office. 1990.

This recession will last longer than those. Or already has.

Remember, this economy is GREAT for the top 1%. EVERYONE else is getting screwed. If you work down south at Toyota and you think you have it good so you voted for McCain, you too are being screwed. Not enough to wake up, but you are being screwed.

If you are a small business owner making $300K a year, you too got screwed. I know many people like this.

If you just got out of college, found a good job and are buying a home really cheap because of the crash, you too got screwed. You should be making $15K more than you are now and your job one day will go overseas. Plus the dollar isn't worth what it was before Bush doubled the debt and stole $700 billion right before he left office (conspiracy theory).

We all got screwed, except the top 1%. Coincidence?

I saw this story yesterday and it made me sick. Actually, I saw it on tv, heard it on radio and read it on the internet. The rich are starting to feel guilty. :lol: Damn. I can't find the story. This rich guy said he could go buy a farrari right now if he wanted to, but he felt guilty because all of his friends are struggling. And it is happening all across America. I think they are wise to not flaunt it in desperate times.

I pretty much agree with Jeb.

Republicans need to become even more conservative.

Obama just got lucky, and had an advantage in money. No need for fundamental change in the GOP. Just stick to the same message, make it even more conservative, and try to tweak around the margins.

:clap2:

Yes, do that.

Forum List

Back