Don't Be Stupid

You'd be surprised at how many message board Cons took grants and government-subsidized loans, and used it to pay for an education at a taxpayer funded public university or community college. Oh, and I always get a belly laugh when conservative farmers whine about the government, and take government agricultural subsidies. Good times!

All these "self-made" men pounding their chests on this board truly do crack me up.

Anyone here ever read the novel "The Rise of Silias Lapham" ?

The self agrandizing delusion of being a self-made man isn't anything new.

Good article, thanks!

From the article: Avarice explains a lot of bad behavior. So does the Federal Reserve's free-money interest rates, inducing a mania of moral hazard.

No doubt greed was the catalyst that led to this mess. But lack of integrity, morals and conscience runs a mighty close second. Then again, maybe it's a chicken-or-the-egg argument, huh?

you forgot to finish the motto

Do unto others before they do it on you.

The quote is: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Treat other people with the concern and kindness you would like them to show toward you. This saying has come to be called the Golden Rule.

What an odd motto to propose to liberals.

Given that you hate libs, but your man BushII has been in control, shouldn't the motto you want for the libs to read as follows?

Please correct the financial mess my masters made, just like the libs had to do the last time we selfish, self centered, greedy, shortshighted, vodoo-economic-talking fucking idiots calling ourselves conservatives broke capitalism.

So many things wrong with your little assumption blurb

1) The administration are not my masters
2) You assume the libs are not selfish and greedy... look at the power they are trying to wield with the "bailout" instead of a solution based on the public and the public stimulating the economy with spending and actual relief
3) Capitalism is not broke
4) The entitlement based left has made even more mistakes
5) You also are going off and away from the intent of the statement about individuals adopting a motto of "earn it" instead of thinking that the government and everyone else owes them for things dealing with their own personal responsibility

You'd be surprised at how many message board Cons took grants and government-subsidized loans, and used it to pay for an education at a taxpayer funded public university or community college. Oh, and I always get a belly laugh when conservative farmers whine about the government, and take government agricultural subsidies. Good times!

And you would be surprised how many have pulled themselves up from their own boot straps from hard work, incentive, initiative, and courage.... coming from worse situations than the entitlement mantra based masses that demand something because they 'feel' they cannot or should not have to do it themselves

I don't know what "libs" you're talking about (as if the left of center is homogeneous under any set of circumstances). That's part of the problem with the folks on the right who decide what other people think (regardless of reality) and then use that as the basis for silly statements.

Personally, I don't live beyond my means. I think people shouldn't. But sometimes stuff happens and suddenly you're beyond your means.

I was more offended at how government lived beyond its means for the past eight years.... and that's a *right* thing... since apparently the repubs are a lot of talk when it comes to fiscal responsibility. At least if they did anything at all to help anyone but themselves and their corporatist buddies, it might not have made my stomach turn as badly watching them rape our treasury.

Oh, Barney Frank wasn't at the forefront of the TARP bailout pushing it to America?

Who has that bailout helped so far, besides congress and their corporate buddies?

And you would be surprised how many have pulled themselves up from their own boot straps from hard work, incentive, initiative, and courage.... coming from worse situations than the entitlement mantra based masses that demand something because they 'feel' they cannot or should not have to do it themselves

:lol:

I'm sure somewhere, there's a parallel universe where a nation of noble cons, are constructing and driving on their own private roads, digging their own water wells, going to private schools, and building their own dams and hydrelectric plants.

In this universe, all of us rely to an amazing extent on taxpayer funded collective infrastrucure, and not on "our own" resources and initiative.

Last edited:

1) The administration are not my masters
(your heros then)

2) You assume the libs are not selfish and greedy...
(no I don't)

3) Capitalism is not broke
(We've got $1.4 trillions reasons to say you're wrong about that)

4) The entitlement based left has made even more mistakes

Yeah? Did they break capitalism or did the banking masters who you (until recently) so admired do that?

I'm sure somewhere, there's a parallel universe where a nation of noble cons, are constructing and driving on their own private roads, digging their own water wells, going to private schools, and building their own dams and hydrelectric plants.

In this universe, all of us rely to an amazing extent on taxpayer funded collective infrastrucure, and not on "our own" resources and initiative.

The last time I relied on anything taxpayer provided as an 'entitlement' was public school...

Since then, I earned everything by my own doing.. maintain my own house.. maintain my own health... maintain my own necessities for life for my kids and I...

And there is a huge difference between a infrastructure for the entire populace, and entitlements to individuals for their own personal responsibilities

And funny.. I pay taxes for my road use and everyone else's as well.. I pay a monthly electric and gas bill.... I pay a water bill but did have my own well when I lived in PA... I pay property taxes so that all minor citizens in this country can go to school, but would disagree that ANY adult is owed further education, that is not earned, at the expense of others, when they are adults and responsible for themselves... and funny, I will be paying for private school for both of my daughters when they both hit high school, yet still pay taxes to support so that minor citizens can have public schooling

(your heros then)

(no I don't)

(We've got $1.4 trillions reasons to say you're wrong about that)

Yeah? Did they break capitalism or did the banking masters who you (until recently) so admired do that?

Not my "heroes" either.. I have a couple heroes in live.. none of which are politicians... but nice try

National debt is not inherent to capitalism... but nice try

And yes.. the left had a MAJOR hand in impact on the banking system, bad loans, etc.. and don't try and pretend you do not know or have not heard of this fact

Where is John Galt?

According to the delusions of the self-made men here on this board, they'd be better off without those resources.

They'll still enjoy them, of course, but they object to paying their fair share for them and they'll just pretend in the meanwhile that they don't need them.

Hi, I'm not really a self made man, but I play on on the internet...

Where is John Galt?

According to the delusions of the self-made men here on this board, they'd be better off without those resources.

They'll still enjoy them, of course, but they object to paying their fair share for them and they'll just pretend in the meanwhile that they don't need them.

Since where do I or other conservatives cry against paying our fair and equal share of our income for infrastructure?

No... in all reality... it is you and your LIB kind that object to paying their fair and equal share of their income... all the while asking others to pay more of a share so that they or ones they are trying to get votes from, can get something else for their personal well being at the expense of those paying more of a share

Where is John Galt?

You fail to mention that those same people who say they are self made also paid for those roads and bridges via exorbitant taxation.

Is the fact that those men used those same roads and bridges that everyone has paid for (including them) to a greater self advantage than others that bothers you or do you hold anyone who has achieved a measure of success in contempt?

You fail to mention that those same people who say they are self made also paid for those roads and bridges via exorbitant taxation.

So the user taxation on gasoline is exorbitant?

See? You really do want a free lunch. What you really want is welfare for you and cha-cha for everyone else.

Is the fact that those men used those same roads and bridges that everyone has paid for (including them) to a greater self advantage than others that bothers you or do you hold anyone who has achieved a measure of success in contempt?

What part of gasoline tax being a perfectly reasonable user tax is confusing you, dude?

So the user taxation on gasoline is exorbitant?

See? You really do want a free lunch. What you really want is welfare for you and cha-cha for everyone else.

What part of gasoline tax being a perfectly reasonable user tax is confusing you, dude?

Yes I believe the tax is exorbitant. After all that tax raised more than enough money to pay for countless cost overruns on federal highway projects did it not?

tell me which of those overruns and cost of corruption, graft and nepotism are absolutely too crucial that we cannot cut the gas tax?

Since where do I or other conservatives cry against paying our fair and equal share of our income for infrastructure?
Every fucking day.

Sorry edit

This is not the case.. we CALL for fair and equal rate taxation... and not a punishment tax system... or those deriving personal entitlement from that punishment tax system, at the expense of others...

That would be your side that cries about equal and fair rate taxation being wrong.. and that handouts and entitlement are right

Good, so you agree we live in a society where we collectively contribute together to each other's success and welfare, through public/government spending.

Your little myth of the self-reliant self-made Con, who gets through life with her own resources and initiative was a nice fairy tale though.

Can I assume you'll be supporting Obama's public works and infrastructure initiative? Because I'm going to be watching you for posts if you complain about it.

No... in all reality... it is you and your LIB kind that object to paying their fair and equal share of their income... all the while asking others to pay more of a share so that they or ones they are trying to get votes from, can get something else for their personal well being at the expense of those paying more of a share

I read this twice and I still don't understand it.

Last edited:
Good, so you agree we live in a society where we collectively contribute together to each other's success and welfare, through public/government spending.

Your little myth of the self-reliant self-made Con, who gets through life with her own resources and initiative was a nice fairy tale though.

Can I assume you'll be supporting Obama's public works and infrastructure initiative? Because I'm going to be watching you for posts if you complain about it.

I read this twice and I still don't understand it.

No.. I do not.. but nice try

We don't live in a society, nor should we live in a society where we are forcibly contributing to redistribution for individual welfare, individual need, or individual want....

My little 'tale' is not a fairy tale... and it is more prevalent than you would believe... unlike what you hope for, individuals CAN and DO become self made successes

I am for certain public works programs... but not where it takes over for many aspects of private life and private business... expanding and bettering roads, ports, and rails?? You betcha... Funded by equal share taxation would be the way I would really support it, with open (as he promised) views into where that money goes.... But I will not and do not support his 'global warming' influenced crapola, in terms of 'public works'

As for you not understanding... that is part of your whole problem... it is you and your lib kind who are AGAINST the equal and fair taxation, and not using government as a wealth redistribution and entitlement system for individual benefit... and you rely on such punishment systems to continue to buy the votes of the gullible, to keep your agendas in power

Forum List

Back