Don't ask, don't tell

I look at Britain for a tinge of guidance... Britain dropped its exclusion of gays in the military, and while a brief hailstorm of criticism and doomday predictions ruled the headlines for a while, eventually it all faded away with little harm done to Britain's armed forces, which have served honorably and courageously with persons of both sexual orientations in Afghanistan and Iraq alongside the US.
who knows? i think insein and mattskramer are both correct with their analysis of the situation, i'm just showing another example.

for links: i searched BBC news but only found news of Britain lifting the ban and one general resigning in protest. nothing else... seems that nothing bad has happened of it.

http://www.davidclemens.com/gaymilitary/belkin.htm

i did find this fellow's link, he has an interesting essay in the Army War College Quarterly about all this backed up with evidence and notes. he says military performance with gays included has not declined in israel, britain, canada and australia.

apologies that i couldn't find better links or information.

Here's the deal with queers in the military...

Queer boys are attracked to boys, so then if they want to join the military, they must then take boot camp with the girls, since tit's and coochie don't turn them on. And lickity split girlies must take boot camp with the guys, since they are not attracked to swingin' meat. Simple.

It would be wrong to throw a queer boy in with other heterosexaul men, because they would be sexualy attracked to them. Can't have that. Same with the girls.

Either that, or make a complete seperate baracks for queers. But I say let them serve. Other than the sexaul attraction thing, there's no good reason why not.

Seemingly, to me, the Utopic way would be to have a designated division of the military for gays and lesbians. This would sonmehow be flawed, of course, but it seems like a good idea.

And about avoiding the draft by calling yourself gay, it can happen. You can stand up and say you like your fellow mans buttocks and stay home, meanwhile loving your wife/fiance/girlfriend. Thats why we have the dont ask dont tell policy. But if they do tell, then what? Kick 'em out? We could have considerable numbers of desertion from that, but highly doubt it.

And one more thing...

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Here's the deal with queers in the military...

Queer boys are attracked to boys, so then if they want to join the military, they must then take boot camp with the girls, since tit's and coochie don't turn them on. And lickity split girlies must take boot camp with the guys, since they are not attracked to swingin' meat. Simple.

It would be wrong to throw a queer boy in with other heterosexaul men, because they would be sexualy attracked to them. Can't have that. Same with the girls.

Either that, or make a complete seperate baracks for queers. But I say let them serve. Other than the sexaul attraction thing, there's no good reason why not.

I hope you dont think thats the way it works. If you think thats how it should go, then thats acceptable, only the military, during the weeks of Basic, basically take away all your rights, and mold you into a fighting man/woman. To throw any man into a group of females would give him interaction with woman, a right. To work that way we may have to reform the theory of or trainging system. If its not broken, dont fix it.

People who haven't served have a hard time understanding the concepts of morale and discipline.

fwiw, I've served with homosexuals - although they had the good since not to confide in all but a select few.

Originally posted by Pale Rider

Hmmm the ultimate question. is it worth trying to pretend your gay and soiling your name to live in the barracks with the ladies?

Originally posted by insein
Yea they'd find out you werent gay within about 20 minutes and send you right back.

maybe. but then its worth a try isnt it?

Yeah, but remember, you'd be going up against a bunch of lesbians, they get kinda tough. Especially if you claimed to be gay and made a move, you may not come out alive!

Originally posted by Avatar4321
maybe. but then its worth a try isnt it?

Well, the first time they said "shower up", and you stood in the shower with a woodie, the gig would be up. I mean I really doubt I could shower with a dozen naked women and not get excited. Nope, I could probably NOT touch, but Herman the one eyed German would standing at attention.

Forum List

Back