Don't Ask, Do Tell

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I was analyzing the difference between myself and my first Boss, a guy who started borrowing $50,000 to fund an idea in 1972 and is now well up on the Forbes 400 List and has eclipsed even Donald Trump as New York City's premier real estate developer.

His approach to business and life is simple and straight forward and it occurred to me this morning what it was: Don't Ask, Do Tell.

Instead of asking if it's ok, if you can do this or if someone will do that, you simply state what it is you want to accomplish and the person/Universe/God will find a way to make it happen.

He always wanted to be the biggest real estate developer in New York City. He never asked if it was OK, he never considered that NY is a tough place and many other prominent developers were already firmly established. He just went ahead and did it anyway. I'm not going to be NY Biggest developer, but in the things I want out of life I'm adopting a new Motto:

Don't Ask, Do Tell.

i believe ambitious will trump iq scores every time

I agree totally. My dad's friend became a multi-millionaire and probably could not read a single one of these posts and understand them. It was hard work and a couple lucky breaks which came because he was likeable and worked hard. He earned every cent of it.

Instead of asking if it's ok, if you can do this or if someone will do that, you simply state what it is you want to accomplish and the person/Universe/God will find a way to make it happen.
This is the way my wife goes about her business. She doesn't spend much time thinking about how it can't be done, just ways to get around obstacles in her path. I attribute that, at least partially, to her being an immigrant.

I'm more of a "clock in, clock out" kind of guy.

Forum List

Back