Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man Recorded Through Vintage 1960's WABC, New York, Audio Gear.

Well punk, first of all what audio gear do you use to listen to internet audio? Assuming you had good gear which you obviously don't my complaint with this remastering is the mids uppers and stereo separation is great but there is no bottom end. In other words iZotope mastering software is better than vintage analog gear.

Oh, okay. I see what you're saying. I'm no where near as educated on equiment as you are, admittedly. Though, I can distinguish frequency pretty well. I still have ears for that for the most part.

I've tried to replace a lot of my music library but everything is so brickwalled and tin sounding these days no matter what it's played with so I've given up on trying to do that. To me the original pressings sound better in most cases with legacy equipment. So they have all of that modern equiment, yet apparently, don't know how to use it.

I just play with a little mini amp, snout. I've tried some digital software but I don't know what I'm doing with it.

Last edited:
I did check out some of your music theory vids, though. They were pretty good. Though, I haven't checked your channel out in a while.

I also note that song was a one of the trend setters of "psychedelic rock" along with stuff like Lucy in the Sky by the Beatles. an awesome tune with top flight instrumentals

Forum List

Back