Donations:Romney $4 million or 30% ;Obama:$245k or 14%!! who is a brother's keeper???

Question for the OP.

Do you think a person making $50,000 a year, in normal circumstances, could afford to give 30% of his earnings to charity?

That would be $15,000.

Yes or no, and if so why, if not why not.

Again a deflection, that's not the question at hand, he's talking about people who can afford to, specifically Obama

But $50,000 you dont see any reason they should have a tax increase on oil and food which are "regressive" ( I love that term) yet are supported by democrats because environmentalists say so

hey in the middle, conservatives are known to give far more to charity than democrats. Democrats are all talk and no action on helping people. They help people through the government to expand their power only

Of course. Because tithing to the church is considered a "charitable" donation. People can donate money to Westboro Baptist Church, and that's considered a "charitable" donation. The Knights of Columbus, a "charitable" organization (because they are a church organization) gave $2 million to another group to fund anti-gay propaganda. So, people donated $2 million to the KOC that is counted as "charitable" that actually went to nothing of the sort. Meanwhile, if you donate money to the Human Rights Campaign, that's not counted as a "charitable" donation.

America

When religious giving isn't counted, the geography of giving is very different. Some states in the Northeast would jump into the top 10 when secular gifts alone are counted. New York would vault from No. 18 to No. 2 in the rankings, and Pennsylvania would climb from No. 40 to No. 4.

Here's another fun fact: Utah is considered the most "charitable" state in the country. Utahans are overwhelmingly Mormon, and are required by the church to tithe 10% of their expendable income. Do you know what the "charitable" donation rate is for Utahans? It's 10.6% of expendable income.

Try again, partisan hack.

Hilarious. This is totally hilarious. Romney said if he paid a cent more in taxes than what was required, he wouldn't be qualified to be president.

But he previously said that he always paid more than 13% only he didn't. So he HAD to pay more so he wasn't a liar. Only it made him "unqualified".

Hilarious.

Most hilarious is the FACT that he gives to the Mormon church. The SAME church that spent 20 million of that charity money to fight Gay Marriage. Get it? It was more important to stop people from getting married than to help the poor. Well, you know what Republicans say:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm4-Kmxx8Po]Free and reduced lunch Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer Don't feed the poor. They'll 'breed.'.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Hilarious. This is totally hilarious. Romney said if he paid a cent more in taxes than what was required, he wouldn't be qualified to be president.

But he previously said that he always paid more than 13% only he didn't. So he HAD to pay more so he wasn't a liar. Only it made him "unqualified".

Hilarious.

Most hilarious is the FACT that he gives to the Mormon church. The SAME church that spent 20 million of that charity money to fight Gay Marriage. Get it? It was more important to stop people from getting married than to help the poor. Well, you know what Republicans say:

Free and reduced lunch Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer Don't feed the poor. They'll 'breed.'.flv - YouTube

You really are proud of your stupidity, huh?

Question for the OP.

Do you think a person making $50,000 a year, in normal circumstances, could afford to give 30% of his earnings to charity?

That would be $15,000.

Again a deflection, that's not the question at hand, he's talking about people who can afford to, specifically Obama

But $50,000 you dont see any reason they should have a tax increase on oil and food which are "regressive" ( I love that term) yet are supported by democrats because environmentalists say so

Really? Obama made as much as Romney made?

Question for the OP.

That would be $15,000.

Of course not but why are you bringing that up as it is the stupidest comparison?

You know that's as dumb as saying oh well Romney has after giving 30% $7 million to live on!
WELL NO Sh...t!!!

Geez I can't believe how totally out ouf touch with reality some of you are!

What about the tax deferred income in that gigantic IRA Romney has? Was that counted when the calculation of his donations as a percentage of his income was made?

Question for the OP.

That would be $15,000.

Of course not but why are you bringing that up as it is the stupidest comparison?

You know that's as dumb as saying oh well Romney has after giving 30% $7 million to live on!
WELL NO Sh...t!!!

Geez I can't believe how totally out ouf touch with reality some of you are!

So you're admitting that how much someone makes should be taken into account when you start comparing what percent they donated to charity.

Ok, given that, what, again, was Obama's income compared to Romney's?

ever noticed Mitt's dad is named george and obama has a brother named george.

if I was Mitt I would send george in the hut a couple a hundred thousand

In the words of Hillary.."
" I think that the reports that you provide to us really require a willing suspension of disbelief."

She could have said when Obama piously boasts.."i'm my brother's keeper" while giving HALF as much as Romney and ALL the while HIS own brother lives in a $12/year hut!!!

I mean you obama koolaid drinkers.... really this is hypocrisy at it's absolute worse!

I don't understand at all how you can have ANY belief in this hypocrite!
Why are you being such a deceiving little twit?

Why are you comparing Romney's 2011 tax return with Obama's 2010 tax return? Why not compare Obama's 2010 with Romney's 2010 or Obama's 2011 with Romney's 2011?

Obama 2011
Adjusted gross income of $787,000
effective tax rate of 20.5%
Donations of $178,000 to charity
rate of 22 %

Obama, fed income taxes plus charitable donations - 42.5% of 787k

in 2010 romney gave less than 14% in charitable contributions, he made about 22 million and donated about 3 million

Last edited:
We have been told frequently by Obama pious and obviously PHONY statement:

"It is that fundamental belief — I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper —"
Blowhard's 2010 Tax Return
$1,728,096 Obama's adjusted gross income
245,075 14.18% of his income as donations to charities
49,945 home mortgage interest
122,527 Long term capital loss CARRYOVER!!! 7% sheltered income!!
Obama's 2010 Tax Returns

Romney in 2011
$13,696,951 Taxable income
$4,20,772 or 30% to charity

In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.
The Romneys’ effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.
The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.
The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.
The Romneys’ generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.
Romneys to Release Taxes | The Weekly Standard

If Romney wins money well spent, any of those donors will happily cover the difference. Romney has lose the election and will not be president. What is this man supposed to do just pull out now, and take a vacation. The show must go on ! It's an American tradition. Pulling out is the last thing the republican party wants to do right now even the party knows it's over. First thing that will be discussed during his 2012 tax appointment is the amendment of the 2010 & 11 tax return to get credit. This stuff to simple:eusa_whistle:

So according to the figures in the OP,

Mitt Romney made about 8 times as much as Obama made,

but the percent of that Mitt gave to charity, 30% was only about 2 times the percent of that which Obama gave, 14%...

So the real rate of Obama's giving was about 4 times that of Mitt's.

lol

but the percent of that Mitt gave to charity, 30% was only about 2 times the percent of that which Obama gave, 14%...

lol

You are kidding right? How about we pile the dollar amount of what each gave on 2 separate tables, you get to keep what Obama gave, and I get to keep what Romney gave, ;) Thanks for playing.

lol

You are kidding right? How about we pile the dollar amount of what each gave on 2 separate tables, you get to keep what Obama gave, and I get to keep what Romney gave, ;) Thanks for playing.

Let's put the amount you gave next to what Obama gave and see which of you two is greedier.

Hilarious.

Free and reduced lunch Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer Don't feed the poor. They'll 'breed.'.flv - YouTube

You really are proud of your stupidity, huh?

I'm not proud of Lt. Gov. Bauer. He's a Republican. Duh!

Obama wont even help his own brother. Why should we believe he wants to help anyone else?

ah yes, another lie that rwer's like to spread, but his brothers said he is doing well and needs no help from his brother.

ah yes, another lie that rwer's like to spread, but his brothers said he is doing well and needs no help from his brother.

Worse, he said he was "proud" of his brother Barrack.

Right wingers must hate that. Oh wait, they won't even notice.

Forum List

Back