Donald Trump's description of Black America offends many African Americans

Reality is racist.

That must really suck for you then since you have recessive genes.
Recessive genes aside, negros have always been on the bottom rung of society and that's something that will never change.

Absolute nonsense. The color of your skin doesn't determine your capability for success .... unless, of course, racist idiots stand in your way.

Race is more than skin deep and there is no such thing as human equality. You aren't up to date on modern genetics.

You blithely confuse social issue with scientific issues. Or, perhaps you are trying to obfuscate the issue by diverting it in another direction.

Recessive genes aside, negros have always been on the bottom rung of society and that's something that will never change.

Absolute nonsense. The color of your skin doesn't determine your capability for success .... unless, of course, racist idiots stand in your way.
I didn't say that it did. I'm just giving you facts and history backs me up on them.
But ---- you projected them into the future .... that's where you made your mistake.
I've been waiting for them to prove me wrong for many years but they don't, and judging by the path on which they insist on remaining, I see no reason to think otherwise. He who fails to learn by his mistakes is bound to repeat them, and they never seem to learn.

You cannot measure history - or the future - in 15 minute segments. That is the exclusive territory of the left.
I'll wait to be proven wrong but the odds are definitely in my favor.

They vote for Dems because Repubs are openly racist.

Weak answer, so the Dems are closet racist? The fact that you cannot admit there are Dem racist undermines your position, furthermore you can't refute the obvious "stick in your eye" statement about the origins of slavery, Jim Crow, Planned Parenthood or Gay Marriage, should I be surprised? LOL!!

Your a racist because of your genetic makeup having more than the average amount of neanderthal DNA.

That's like saying you're an Ape because you have black skin, pretty low IQ stuff, but I already knew that about you...

Truthfully, "apes" can have white skin as well as dark skin under their coats.

But what that has do with political parties and voting preferences is beyond me.

The black population in America in general has no sensible reason to be loyal to ANY party. Democrat nor Republican.

When the civil rights act was passed in the 1960's, there were Southern Democrats AND Southern Republicans who opposed the passing of it.

It was in fact a combination of LIBERAL Democarats and Republicans that voted in favor of passing it, so neither party is exclusively the party of "freedom" or "slavery", or "Jim Crow" As shown below by the distribution of votes by party

The original House version:
  • Southern Democrats: 8–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:

They both have dirty laundry from the past and the present, and are equally corrupt.

Those Republicans who use the "party of slavery" talking point to present the argument that they are historically a better option for black voters, are relying on the misinformed, ignorant segment of black America to believe that hogwash.

On another note. the food stamp capital of America is none other than the predominately WHITE Appalachian region of Kentucky, but they vote almost exclusively Republican.

What has the "party of freedom" done for them lately?

Last edited:

But what that has do with political parties and voting preferences is beyond me.

Yes there are a few, the comment was a rebuttal of the use of "neanderthal" , can you process that?

The black population in America in general has no sensible reason to be loyal to ANY party. Democrat nor Republican.

Loyalty is not the issue, the truth is...

Let's be clear, it was Republicans that freed the American Slaves, the Democrats fought it...

When the civil rights act was passed in the 1960's, there were Southern Democrats AND Southern Republicans who opposed the passing of it.

The Civil Rights Act of 1957 was led by Republicans, without it the 1964 Act wouldn't exist...

It was in fact a combination of LIBERAL Democarats and Republicans that voted in favor of passing it, so neither party is exclusively the party of "freedom" or "slavery", or "Jim Crow" As shown below by the distribution of votes by party

The Democrats own the birth of slavery, Jim Crow and to this day they support Planned Parenthood...

They both have dirty laundry from the past and the present, and are equally corrupt.

There is truth in this statement...

Those Republicans who use the "party of slavery" talking point to present the argument that they are historically a better option for black voters, are relying on the misinformed, ignorant segment of black America to believe that hogwash.

No that's not true at all, the truth is the DNC is the party that fought to preserve slavery, created Jim Crow laws and to this day defend and support Planned Parenthood...

You can attempt to revise history and the portion of Blacks you label ignorant will continue to be misinformed...

Yes there are a few, the comment was a rebuttal of the use of "neanderthal" , can you process that?

Let's be clear, it was Republicans that freed the American Slaves, the Democrats fought it...

The Civil Rights Act of 1957 was led by Republicans, without it the 1964 Act wouldn't exist...

The Democrats own the birth of slavery, Jim Crow and to this day they support Planned Parenthood...

No that's not true at all, the truth is the DNC is the party that fought to preserve slavery, created Jim Crow laws and to this day defend and support Planned Parenthood...

You can attempt to revise history and the portion of Blacks you label ignorant will continue to be misinformed...

There is not a word nor a talking point that you can post that I cannot process or see through, so don't flatter yourself.

You can try to vilify todays democrats by associating them as an entire party with Southern political values while ignoring the history of Southern Republicans as much as you please, but all that accomplishes is to make you appear to be ignorant of real history and in denial of the truth.

The politics of SOUTHERN Democrats AND Republicans was consistently the same throughout the history of America from slavery until the signing of the civil rights act, and for you to even attempt to present the ENTIRE party of Republicans as being aligned against slavery, Jim Crow and civil rights is humorous as well as disingenuous.

I guess that next you will state that there was never a "Southern Strategy"

How the Southern Strategy Made Donald Trump Possible

You can spin your distorted view of reality as you wish, but slaves being freed was first and foremost a by product of then President Lincolns mission to preserve the union, it was NOT an act of humanitarianism or nobility.

"I Would Save the Union"

Lastly.....so what about the dirt poor whites in Appalachia who loyally vote Republican over and over? What have Republicans done for them?

And please try something different than pointing out something that NORTHERN REPUBLICANS stood for a century ago and then attempt to use it to define who they are today.

Last edited:

There is not a word nor a talking point that you can post that I cannot process or see through, so don't flatter yourself.

You can try to vilify todays democrats by associating them as an entire party with Southern political values while ignoring the history of Southern Republicans as much as you please, but all that accomplishes is to make you appear to be ignorant of real history and in denial of the truth.

The politics of SOUTHERN Democrats AND Republicans was consistently the same throughout the history of America from slavery until the signing of the civil rights act, and for you to even attempt to present the ENTIRE party of Republicans as being aligned against slavery, Jim Crow and civil rights is humorous as well as disingenuous.

You can spin your distorted view of reality as you wish, but slaves being freed was first and foremost a by product of then President Lincolns mission to preserve the union, it was NOT an act of humanitarianism or nobility.

"I Would Save the Union"

Lastly.....so what about the dirt poor whites in Appalachia who loyally vote Republican over and over? What have Republicans done for them?

And please try something different than pointing out something that NORTHERN REPUBLICANS stood for a century ago and then attempt to use it to define who they are today.
The problem is that the poster you are replying to is not literate enough to realize how woefully uneducated and ignorant he is on the subject. Basically you are casting pearls before a swine.

"I Would Save the Union"

The problem is that the poster you are replying to is not literate enough to realize how woefully uneducated and ignorant he is on the subject. Basically you are casting pearls before a swine.

You nailed it. I have had this same discussion with countless wingnuts for decades, and what always amazes me is how effectively they have been brainwashed into believing that there was no difference between southern and northern Republicans during slavery, the implementation of Jim Crow, and signing of the civil rights act......when the proof has been there for over 50+ years.

SMGDH.

Nobody gives a shit about racism anymore. As,America becomes more diverse it is becoming more tribal. It doesn't matter if you are a self-hating cuck, your skin is your uniform and is all that people will see.

So if I told you that you were the smartest member of this board, you would know I was trying to blow smoke of up your ass...

Is it me or just the whole world that recognizes your sub 70 IQ??

I don't have to vilify today's DNC, in fact all I have to do is sit back and watch, they do a pretty good job of it all by themselves...

The Party of Lincoln (R) was Anti Slavery, The Party of Breckinridge (D) supported federal laws protecting slave owners. These are simple truths and have been recorded in history. Somehow you swallowed the false narrative the DNC dribbles out for the simple minded. Don't feel bad, millions have swallowed the same crap, just work on turning it around. Also, don't blame the idiot who sold you these lies, blame yourself that you didn't verify...

The truth about the so called "Southern Strategy" has many facets and it's not entirely one sided...

Lincoln believed slavery was morally wrong, but that's like trying to convince everyone that Johnson and the Democrats are the reason the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed...

It's okay if you still want to believe the myth, what have they done for you?

They voted Democrat for decades and they are predominately white, this is a a more recent trend. There are a number of examples as to why, but you're in denial of most of them...

You have nothing to support this theory on except the lie the DNC parrots to the poorly informed, hate filled, low IQ demo. Do you honestly believe the gov can legislate morality? Do you honestly believe the DNC will lift up the minority communities? To date they have failed miserably and they will continue this as long as you're stupid enough to keep placing them in office...

So if I told you that you were the smartest member of this board, you would know I was trying to blow smoke of up your ass...

Is it me or just the whole world that recognizes your sub 70 IQ??

I don't have to vilify today's DNC, in fact all I have to do is sit back and watch, they do a pretty good job of it all by themselves...

The Party of Lincoln (R) was Anti Slavery, The Party of Breckinridge (D) supported federal laws protecting slave owners. These are simple truths and have been recorded in history. Somehow you swallowed the false narrative the DNC dribbles out for the simple minded. Don't feel bad, millions have swallowed the same crap, just work on turning it around. Also, don't blame the idiot who sold you these lies, blame yourself that you didn't verify...

The truth about the so called "Southern Strategy" has many facets and it's not entirely one sided...

Lincoln believed slavery was morally wrong, but that's like trying to convince everyone that Johnson and the Democrats are the reason the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed...

It's okay if you still want to believe the myth, what have they done for you?

They voted Democrat for decades and they are predominately white, this is a a more recent trend. There are a number of examples as to why, but you're in denial of most of them...

You have nothing to support this theory on except the lie the DNC parrots to the poorly informed, hate filled, low IQ demo. Do you honestly believe the gov can legislate morality? Do you honestly believe the DNC will lift up the minority communities? To date they have failed miserably and they will continue this as long as you're stupid enough to keep placing them in office...

Like most who rely on talking points to support their arguments, and present no historical facts or links to support them, you are also not very good at back peddling as well as outright lying, which is a reliable indicator of lacking critical thinking skills.

You trying to deflect and avoid being cornered by resorting to what typical racist cretins here do by questioning my I.Q. it is not going to work to your advantage, so you may as well just stop and admit to being wrong, and start by questioning your own.

If you slow down and read what I posted (if you can), you will notice that I am not glorifying the democrats, like ypu are placing Republicans on a pedestal. I never stated that that I expect anything of credible value from Democarats nor Republicans.

In fact, I stated that the black population has no reason to be loyal to either party. If you would have read what I stated you would not have missed that.

What I did was to begin by pointing out with proof that the majority of NORTHERN democrats voted to pass the civil rights act, and I also pointed out that the majority southern democrats as well as southern Republicans DID NOT, so you can continue to disregard that fact, but like it or not, it is true.

Now here is a direct question,......are you ACTUALLY stating that southern AND northern republicans were similarliy if not identically aligned on the passing of that legislation?

That will be my first question, and you can also consider it to be a test of your character and integrity.

If you need help, I will repost the distribution of votes for you to re read.

If you answer this bell truftfully then I will return to address your talking points one at a time.

If you lie again, then I will trust my instincts and accept the fact that you are nothing but a low information troll from the shallow end of your own gene pool.

Last edited:
Like most who rely on talking points to support their arguments, and present no historical facts or links to support them, you are also not very good at back peddling as well as outright lying, which is a reliable indicator of lacking critical thinking skills.

I understand it's difficult for you to respond to any point I may have made, it is quite common when a lie is put into the spot light the liar cannot respond. The truth is very easy to understand if you put aside the bias and hate that taught you the lie.

You trying to deflect and avoid being cornered by resorting to what typical racist cretins here do by questioning my I.Q. it is not going to work to your advantage, so you may as well just stop and admit to being wrong, and start by questioning your own.

The questioning of your IQ is to elicit a response, that you cannot accept the facts that it was Republicans that fought to end slavery will only continue the questioning of your intelligence. You're miles away from cornering anyone, much less me.

If you slow down and read what I posted (if you can), you will notice that I am not glorifying the democrats, like ypu are placing Republicans on a pedestal. I never stated that that I expect anything of credible value from Democarats nor Republicans.

So who will you vote for? A Democrat or a Republican? The truth is in who you will support...

In fact, I stated that the black population has no reason to be loyal to either party. If you would have read what I stated you would not have missed that.

I agree, yet blacks vote for democrats, why?

What I did was to begin by pointing out with proof that the majority of NORTHERN democrats voted to pass the civil rights act, and I also pointed out that the majority southern democrats as well as southern Republicans DID NOT, so you can continue to disregard that fact, but like it or not, it is true.

Democrats as a whole did not support the Civil Rights Act, the Northern Democrats did as you state, but who cares the Democrats as a whole didn't show the same support the Republicans did.

They didn't support the 1957 Civil Rights Act either...

Now here is a direct question,......are you ACTUALLY stating that southern AND northern republicans were similarliy if not identically aligned on the passing of that legislation?

The Northern and Southern Democrat and Republicans voted very differently, The Southern states where controlled by Democrats though, so your point would be what?

You ignore the obvious, the Southern Region that is the core of this argument was controlled by Democrats before the Civil War and up until the late '60's. Again, your point would be?

If you answer this bell truftfully then I will return to address your talking points one at a time.

I don't care if you answer it or not, you're to far gone to recognize the truth...

If you lie again, then I will trust my instincts and accept the fact that you are nothing but a low information troll from the shallow end of your own gene pool.

The truth is the Democrats are the Party of Slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, Planned Parenthood and now Gay Marriage. If you can't accept the truth it's okay with me. There are millions of Blacks who have believed the lies since the New Deal and what has it done for them?

I understand it's difficult for you to respond to any point I may have made, it is quite common when a lie is put into the spot light the liar cannot respond. The truth is very easy to understand if you put aside the bias and hate that taught you the lie.

The questioning of your IQ is to elicit a response, that you cannot accept the facts that it was Republicans that fought to end slavery will only continue the questioning of your intelligence. You're miles away from cornering anyone, much less me.

So who will you vote for? A Democrat or a Republican? The truth is in who you will support...

Democrats as a whole did not support the Civil Rights Act, the Northern Democrats did as you state, but who cares the Democrats as a whole didn't show the same support the Republicans did.

The Northern and Southern Democrat and Republicans voted very differently, The Southern states where controlled by Democrats though, so your point would be what?

You ignore the obvious, the Southern Region that is the core of this argument was controlled by Democrats before the Civil War and up until the late '60's. Again, your point would be?

I don't care if you answer it or not, you're to far gone to recognize the truth...

The truth is the Democrats are the Party of Slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, Planned Parenthood and now Gay Marriage. If you can't accept the truth it's okay with me. There are millions of Blacks who have believed the lies since the New Deal and what has it done for them?

"The southern and northern Democrats and Republicans voted very differently"?

If that is your way of of accepting the truth, then I suppose that is the best that you can do.....besides that statement you have not made a "point".

All that you have done is to regurgitate the same prattle that can be found on any conservative website.

My point is clear and has been clear from the beginning.

It was a combined effort on the part of NORTHERN Democrats and NORTHERN Republicans that passed the civil rights act of 1964.

You can continue to sit on your soapbox and parrot the same statements if you wish, but the distribution of votes on that legislation are a historical fact, and democrats who "controlled" the south at that time did not force the southern republicans to align with their ideology, the southern mentality was a culture that existed ever since the institution of slavery began, and unless you are just choosing to be sincerely ignorant, you should know that.

Therefore, I don't need to "corner you", you painted yourself into a corner as I expected.

Southern republicans were equally as bigoted and backward as southern democrats, or do you still deny that fact?

As I have repeatedly told you, I am not loyal to either party, nor am I ignorant enough to "expect" anything from either one, except corruption and lies.

Lastly, as far as your often repeated talking points regarding the "Party of Lincoln, the Party of Slavery and Jim Crow, .....etc. etc. ad nauseum, here is a quote from the "Great Emancipator" who "freed" the slaves:

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do that,”
“What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union.”

Abraham Lincoln
August 20th 1862

Sure, he thought slavery was morally wrong....as long as it prevented the union from staying whole.

My thoughts on both parties?...

"Two wings One left, one right, on one big stinking bird".

Last edited:

White people are the party of JIm Crow and KKK. Pretending whites werent racist in both parties is a fools mission I will laugh at and observe with amusement as you try to convince not only others but yourself.

White people are the party of JIm Crow and KKK. Pretending whites werent racist in both parties is a fools mission I will laugh at and observe with amusement as you try to convince not only others but yourself.

Indeed...Below is another quote from the "Party of Lincoln", by Lincoln himself.

You could change the date of this quote to any day in 2016, and it would be as fitting a descriptive of their ideology now as it was back then.

"Our REPUBLICAN SYSTEM was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life.

Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man."

—Lincoln in a 24-page printed pamphlet in May 1861 to Reverend James Mitchell

"The southern and northern Democrats and Republicans voted very differently"?

If that is your way of of accepting the truth, then I suppose that is the best that you can do.....besides that statement you have not made a "point".

All that you have done is to regurgitate the same prattle that can be found on any conservative website.

My point is clear and has been clear from the beginning.

It was a combined effort on the part of NORTHERN Democrats and NORTHERN Republicans that passed the civil rights act of 1964.

You can continue to sit on your soapbox and parrot the same statements if you wish, but the distribution of votes on that legislation are a historical fact, and democrats who "controlled" the south at that time did not force the southern republicans to align with their ideology, the southern mentality was a culture that existed ever since the institution of slavery began, and unless you are just choosing to be sincerely ignorant, you should know that.

Therefore, I don't need to "corner you", you painted yourself into a corner as I expected.

So let's put aside the insults for a minute and lets do the simple math...

The original House version:
  • Southern Democrats: 8–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
So out of 421 US House Representatives who voted, 10 of them were Southern Republican US Congressmen. Now lets put this into the proper perspective. They were 2.4% of the the US Congressmen who voted and 9.5% of the combined Southern Republican & Democrat US Congressman who voted, not a majority by any means.

Now let's look at the Senate...

The Senate version:

So out of the 100 US Senators who voted, 1 of them was a Southern Republican US Senator. Again proper perspective, he was 1% of the US Senators who voted and 4.5% of the combined Southern Republican & Democrat US Senators who voted, again miles away from a majority to say the least.

The so called Southern Republican influence consisted of 11 votes in both Houses out of 127 and you want to claim the Southern Republicans made an impact? Really?

Southern republicans were equally as bigoted and backward as southern democrats, or do you still deny that fact?

You avoided the 1957 Civil Rights Act that was led by a Republican POTUS...

The House Vote:

• Republicans 167–19 For
  • Democrats 118–107 For
The Senate Vote:
  • Republicans 43–0 For
  • Democrats 29–18 For
So here we have 19 Republicans Congressmen who voted against it, a whopping 4.6% . As for the House and Senate combined it's 3.79%. Now let's compare, the Democrat Congress voted 47.55% against it and the Democrat Senate voted 38.3% against it, so tell me again who was in support of equal rights?

As I have repeatedly told you, I am not loyal to either party, nor am I ignorant enough to "expect" anything from either one, except corruption and lies.

Lastly, as far as your often repeated talking points regarding the "Party of Lincoln, the Party of Slavery and Jim Crow, .....etc. etc. ad nauseum, here is a quote from the "Great Emancipator" who "freed" the slaves:

So again who are you casting your vote for a Democrat or a Republican? It's not a complicated answer unless you're trying to avoid it for some reason...

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do that,”
“What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union.”

Abraham Lincoln
August 20th 1862

Sure, he thought slavery was morally wrong....as long as it prevented the union from staying whole.

There is more to the story than that simple quote, he had a long standing objection to slavery, as you stated he thought it was morally wrong...

Prior to the Civil War and up until the last decade less than 1% of the KKK, Aryan Racist, US Congressman, Us Senators and the people who voted for or against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 changed from being a Democrat to becoming a Republican in the Southern Confederate States...

The theory that the Racist Southern Democrat became a Republican does not hold water, never has. The Racist Southern Democrat has remained a Racist Southern Democrat from before the Civil War until this very day. The DNC's commitment to Planned Parenthood alone should provide enough evidence for even the simple minded...

Which takes us to today, the DNC or the GOP are not a Southern or Northern version as you want to try and use in today's politics, prejudice exist in all regions of this country and will only change when we recognize the division only keeps the hate alive...

White people are the party of JIm Crow and KKK.

This much is true in the DNC and there are Republicans with the same beliefs, but it was White Republicans who started the fight to end slavery...

So you will vote for a White Women for POTUS?

Pretending whites werent racist in both parties is a fools mission

Agreed, but pretending Republicans didn't start the fight to end slavery is just as foolish...

I will laugh at and observe with amusement as you try to convince not only others but yourself.

Your hatred of the White Race only destroys yourself...

This much is true in the DNC and there are Republicans with the same beliefs, but it was White Republicans who started the fight to end slavery...

Agreed, but pretending Republicans didn't start the fight to end slavery is just as foolish...

I will laugh at and observe with amusement as you try to convince not only others but yourself.

Yep. I will be exercising my vote and voting for the person that will do the least damage to my aspirations. Looks you are not smart enough to realize that a non vote is helping the person I least desire reach office.

Republicans didnt start the fight to end slavery. Both parties did that and it was to punish the south and not for something noble. I'm not going to even mention that back then the republicans were todays Dems.

I dont hate the white race. I pity you. It must suck to be recessive and frightened about your ongoing and accelerated absorption back into the human gene pool.

Yep. I will be exercising my vote and voting for the person that will do the least damage to my aspirations. Looks you are not smart enough to realize that a non vote is helping the person I least desire reach office.

Republicans didnt start the fight to end slavery. Both parties did that and it was to punish the south and not for something noble. I'm not going to even mention that back then the republicans were todays Dems.

I dont hate the white race. I pity you. It must suck to be recessive and frightened about your ongoing and accelerated absorption back into the human gene pool.

I understand you will never let go of your hatred...

• In 1857, a Democratically controlled Supreme Court delivered the Dred Scott decision, declaring that blacks were not persons or citizens but instead were property and therefore had no rights.
  • The 13th Amendment to abolish slavery was voted for by 100% of the Republicans in congress and by 23% of the Democrats in congress.
  • Not one Democrat either in the House or the Senate voted for the 14th amendment declaring that former slaves were full citizens of the state in which they lived and were therefore entitled to all the rights and privileges of any other citizen in that state.
  • Not a single one of the 56 Democrats in Congress voted for the 15th amendment that granted explicit voting rights to black Americans.
  • In 1866 Democrats formed the Ku Klux Klan to pave the way for Democrats to regain control in the elections.
  • George Wallace was a Democrat.
  • Bull Connor was a Democrat.
  • In the 19th century, Democrats prevented Black Americans from going to public school.
  • In the 20th and 21st century Democrats prevented Black Americans trapped in failing schools from choosing a better school. In fact Democrats voted against the bill by 99%.
  • Jim Crow laws, poll taxes, grandfather clauses, Literacy tests, white only primaries, and physical violence all came from the Democratic Party.
  • Between 1882 and 1964, 4,743 individuals were lynched. 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites. Republicans often led the efforts to pass federal anti-lynching laws and Democrats successfully blocked those bills.
  • Though both the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 were signed into law under Democrat President, Lyndon Johnson, it was the Republicans in Congress who made it possible in both cases – not to overlook the fact that the heart of both bills came from the work of Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
  • In the 108th Congress, when Republicans proposed a permanent extension of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, it was opposed by the Congressional Black Caucus (composed only of Democrats).
  • Following the Civil War, Frederick Douglass received Presidential appointments from Republican Presidents Ulysses Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, and James A. Garfield. Democratic President Grover Cleveland removed Frederick Douglas from office but Republican President Benjamin Harrison reappointed him.
  • Very few today know that in 1808 Congress abolished the slave trade. Although slavery still had not been abolished in all the states, things definitely were moving in the right direction.
  • By 1820, most of the Founding Fathers were dead and Thomas Jefferson’ party (the Democratic Party) had become the majority party in Congress.
  • In 1789, Congress passed the Northwest Ordinance that prohibited slavery in a federal territory. In 1820, the Democratic Congress passed the Missouri Compromise and reversed that earlier policy, permitting slavery in almost half of the federal territories.
  • In 1850, Democrats in Congress passed the “Fugitive Slave Law”. That law required Northerners to return escaped slaves back into slavery or else pay huge fines.
  • Because the “Fugitive Slave Law” allowed Free Blacks to be carried into slavery, this law was disastrous for blacks in the North; and as a consequence of the atrocious provisions of this Democratic law, some 20,000 blacks in the North left the United States and fled to Canada.
  • The “Underground Railroad” reached the height of its activity during this period, helping thousands of slaves escape from slavery in the South all the way out of the United States and into Canada – simply to escape the reach of the Democrats’ Fugitive Slave Law.
  • In 1854, the Democratically controlled Congress passed another law strengthening slavery: the Kansas-Nebraska Act. Even though Democrats in Congress had already expanded the federal territories in which slavery was permitted through their passage of the Missouri Compromise, they had retained a ban on slavery in the Kansas-Nebraska territory. But through the Kansas-Nebraska Act, Democrats repealed those earlier restrictions, thus allowing slavery to be introduced into parts of the new territory where it previously had been forbidden.
  • Following the passage of these pro-slavery laws in Congress, in May of 1854, a number of the anti-slavery Democrats in Congress – along with some anti-slavery members from other political parties, including the Whigs, Free Soilers, and Emancipationists, formed a new political party to fight slavery and secure equal civil rights for black Americans. The name of that party? They called it the Republican Party because they wanted to return to the principles of freedom and equality first set forth in the governing documents of the Republic before pro-slavery members of Congress had perverted those original principles.
  • One of the founders of the Republican was U.S. Senator Charles Sumner. In 1856, Sumner gave a two day long speech in the U.S. Senate against slavery. Following that speech, Democratic Representative Preston Brooks from South Carolina came from the House, across the Rotunda of the Capitol, and over to the Senate where he literally clubbed down Sumner on the floor of the Senate, knocked him unconscious, and beat him almost to death. According to the sources of that day, many Democrats thought that Sumner’s clubbing was deserved, and it even amused them. What happened to Democrat Preston Brooks following his vicious attack on Sumner? He was proclaimed a southern hero and easily re-elected to Congress.
  • In 1856, the Republican Party entered its first Presidential election, running Republican John C. Fremont against Democrat James Buchanan. In that election, the Republican Party issued its first-ever Party platform. It was a short document with only nine planks in the platform, but significantly, six of the nine planks set forth bold declarations of equality and civil rights for African Americans based on the principles of the Declaration of Independence.
  • In 1856, the Democratic platform took a position strongly defending slavery and warned: “All efforts of the abolitionists… are calculated to lead to the most alarming and dangerous consequences and all such efforts have an inevitable tendency to diminish the happiness of the people”.
  • It is worth noting that for over a century and a half, Democrats often have taken a position that some human life is disposable – as they did in the Dred Scott decision. In that instance, a black individual was not a life, it was property; and an individual could do with his property as he wished. Today, Democrats have largely taken that same position on unborn human life – that an unborn human is disposable property to do with as one wishes.
  • African Americans were the victims of this disposable property ideology a century and a half ago, and still are today. Consider: although 12 percent of the current population is African American, almost 35 percent of all abortions are performed on African Americans. In fact, over the last decade, for every 100 African American live births, there were 53 abortions of African American babies. Democrats have encouraged this; and although black Americans are solidly pro-life with almost two-thirds opposing abortion on demand, a number of recent votes in Congress reveals that Democrats hold exactly the opposite view, with some 80 percent of congressional Democrats being almost rabidly pro-abortion and consistently voting against protections for innocent unborn human life.

I understand you will never let go of your hatred...

• In 1857, a Democratically controlled Supreme Court delivered the Dred Scott decision, declaring that blacks were not persons or citizens but instead were property and therefore had no rights.
  • The 13th Amendment to abolish slavery was voted for by 100% of the Republicans in congress and by 23% of the Democrats in congress.
  • Not one Democrat either in the House or the Senate voted for the 14th amendment declaring that former slaves were full citizens of the state in which they lived and were therefore entitled to all the rights and privileges of any other citizen in that state.
  • Not a single one of the 56 Democrats in Congress voted for the 15th amendment that granted explicit voting rights to black Americans.
  • In 1866 Democrats formed the Ku Klux Klan to pave the way for Democrats to regain control in the elections.
  • George Wallace was a Democrat.
  • Bull Connor was a Democrat.
  • In the 19th century, Democrats prevented Black Americans from going to public school.
  • In the 20th and 21st century Democrats prevented Black Americans trapped in failing schools from choosing a better school. In fact Democrats voted against the bill by 99%.
  • Jim Crow laws, poll taxes, grandfather clauses, Literacy tests, white only primaries, and physical violence all came from the Democratic Party.
  • Between 1882 and 1964, 4,743 individuals were lynched. 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites. Republicans often led the efforts to pass federal anti-lynching laws and Democrats successfully blocked those bills.
  • Though both the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 were signed into law under Democrat President, Lyndon Johnson, it was the Republicans in Congress who made it possible in both cases – not to overlook the fact that the heart of both bills came from the work of Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
  • In the 108th Congress, when Republicans proposed a permanent extension of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, it was opposed by the Congressional Black Caucus (composed only of Democrats).
  • Following the Civil War, Frederick Douglass received Presidential appointments from Republican Presidents Ulysses Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, and James A. Garfield. Democratic President Grover Cleveland removed Frederick Douglas from office but Republican President Benjamin Harrison reappointed him.
  • Very few today know that in 1808 Congress abolished the slave trade. Although slavery still had not been abolished in all the states, things definitely were moving in the right direction.
  • By 1820, most of the Founding Fathers were dead and Thomas Jefferson’ party (the Democratic Party) had become the majority party in Congress.
  • In 1789, Congress passed the Northwest Ordinance that prohibited slavery in a federal territory. In 1820, the Democratic Congress passed the Missouri Compromise and reversed that earlier policy, permitting slavery in almost half of the federal territories.
  • In 1850, Democrats in Congress passed the “Fugitive Slave Law”. That law required Northerners to return escaped slaves back into slavery or else pay huge fines.
  • Because the “Fugitive Slave Law” allowed Free Blacks to be carried into slavery, this law was disastrous for blacks in the North; and as a consequence of the atrocious provisions of this Democratic law, some 20,000 blacks in the North left the United States and fled to Canada.
  • The “Underground Railroad” reached the height of its activity during this period, helping thousands of slaves escape from slavery in the South all the way out of the United States and into Canada – simply to escape the reach of the Democrats’ Fugitive Slave Law.
  • In 1854, the Democratically controlled Congress passed another law strengthening slavery: the Kansas-Nebraska Act. Even though Democrats in Congress had already expanded the federal territories in which slavery was permitted through their passage of the Missouri Compromise, they had retained a ban on slavery in the Kansas-Nebraska territory. But through the Kansas-Nebraska Act, Democrats repealed those earlier restrictions, thus allowing slavery to be introduced into parts of the new territory where it previously had been forbidden.
  • Following the passage of these pro-slavery laws in Congress, in May of 1854, a number of the anti-slavery Democrats in Congress – along with some anti-slavery members from other political parties, including the Whigs, Free Soilers, and Emancipationists, formed a new political party to fight slavery and secure equal civil rights for black Americans. The name of that party? They called it the Republican Party because they wanted to return to the principles of freedom and equality first set forth in the governing documents of the Republic before pro-slavery members of Congress had perverted those original principles.
  • One of the founders of the Republican was U.S. Senator Charles Sumner. In 1856, Sumner gave a two day long speech in the U.S. Senate against slavery. Following that speech, Democratic Representative Preston Brooks from South Carolina came from the House, across the Rotunda of the Capitol, and over to the Senate where he literally clubbed down Sumner on the floor of the Senate, knocked him unconscious, and beat him almost to death. According to the sources of that day, many Democrats thought that Sumner’s clubbing was deserved, and it even amused them. What happened to Democrat Preston Brooks following his vicious attack on Sumner? He was proclaimed a southern hero and easily re-elected to Congress.
  • In 1856, the Republican Party entered its first Presidential election, running Republican John C. Fremont against Democrat James Buchanan. In that election, the Republican Party issued its first-ever Party platform. It was a short document with only nine planks in the platform, but significantly, six of the nine planks set forth bold declarations of equality and civil rights for African Americans based on the principles of the Declaration of Independence.
  • In 1856, the Democratic platform took a position strongly defending slavery and warned: “All efforts of the abolitionists… are calculated to lead to the most alarming and dangerous consequences and all such efforts have an inevitable tendency to diminish the happiness of the people”.
  • It is worth noting that for over a century and a half, Democrats often have taken a position that some human life is disposable – as they did in the Dred Scott decision. In that instance, a black individual was not a life, it was property; and an individual could do with his property as he wished. Today, Democrats have largely taken that same position on unborn human life – that an unborn human is disposable property to do with as one wishes.
  • African Americans were the victims of this disposable property ideology a century and a half ago, and still are today. Consider: although 12 percent of the current population is African American, almost 35 percent of all abortions are performed on African Americans. In fact, over the last decade, for every 100 African American live births, there were 53 abortions of African American babies. Democrats have encouraged this; and although black Americans are solidly pro-life with almost two-thirds opposing abortion on demand, a number of recent votes in Congress reveals that Democrats hold exactly the opposite view, with some 80 percent of congressional Democrats being almost rabidly pro-abortion and consistently voting against protections for innocent unborn human life.
You must be one of those guys that deny the Southern Strategy even though the GOP has admitted on at least 2 occasions that I know of. It must hurt for you to be that ignorant of history.

Forum List

Back