Donald Trump Signs Executive Order Revoking Barack Obama’s National Ocean Policy, Opens Oceans to Dr

This is one thing I don't like about Trump. He is not concerned for animal welfare or planet welfare. I do care. A lot. Yes, I am a tree hugger.

You originally state in the first post:

"What's a few more massive oil spills? There's money to be made!"

Then you were asked this question:

"My question is, what is wrong with this EO?"

You replied with ANOTHER opinion:

"I don't support increased ocean drilling. We do enough damage to our oceans already. I tend to be a planet over profits kind of person."

Opinions is all you offered so far.

You have yet to show WHY his EO is wrong, since there are natural oil seeps already existing in the Gulf of Mexico and in many other areas, yet no measurable damage to them is found. From Wikipedia:

Petroleum seep

"A petroleum seep is a place where natural liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons escape to the earth's atmosphere and surface, normally under low pressure or flow. Seeps generally occur above either terrestrial or offshore petroleum accumulation structures.[1][not in citation given] The hydrocarbons may escape along geological layers, or across them through fractures and fissures in the rock, or directly from an outcrop of oil-bearing rock.

Petroleum seeps are quite common in many areas of the world, and have been exploited by humankind since paleolithic times. Natural products associated with these seeps include bitumen, pitch, asphalt and tar. In locations where seeps of natural gas are sufficiently large, natural "eternal flames" often persist. The occurrence of surface petroleum was often included in location names that developed; these locations are also associated with early oil and gas exploitation as well as scientific and technological developments, which have grown into the petroleum industry."

I tried to read this, but found that I grew dizzy from the spin about half way through. As near as I can tell, it had something to do with "black is white, and white is black"

Oh well.

"I don't support increased ocean drilling. We do enough damage to our oceans already. I tend to be a planet over profits kind of person."

You have yet to show WHY his EO is wrong, since there are natural oil seeps already existing in the Gulf of Mexico and in many other areas, yet no measurable damage to them is found. From Wikipedia:

Petroleum seep

"A petroleum seep is a place where natural liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons escape to the earth's atmosphere and surface, normally under low pressure or flow. Seeps generally occur above either terrestrial or offshore petroleum accumulation structures.[1][not in citation given] The hydrocarbons may escape along geological layers, or across them through fractures and fissures in the rock, or directly from an outcrop of oil-bearing rock.

Petroleum seeps are quite common in many areas of the world, and have been exploited by humankind since paleolithic times. Natural products associated with these seeps include bitumen, pitch, asphalt and tar. In locations where seeps of natural gas are sufficiently large, natural "eternal flames" often persist. The occurrence of surface petroleum was often included in location names that developed; these locations are also associated with early oil and gas exploitation as well as scientific and technological developments, which have grown into the petroleum industry."

I tried to read this, but found that I grew dizzy from the spin about half way through. As near as I can tell, it had something to do with "black is white, and white is black"

Oh well.

Yeah....Sunset has a way of clusterfucking the minds of progressives. It is very rare they respond to any of his posts with anything substantive....and most times, there is no response at all for fear of getting publicly pwn'd. It's an interesting dynamic to watch.

What's a few more massive oil spills? There's money to be made!

While We Weren't Looking, Donald Trump Just Reversed Another Obama-Era Environmental Regulation

President Donald Trump quietly signed an executive order rescinding Obama-era protections of U.S. oceans, coastlines, and Great Lakes waters on Tuesday, just weeks after proclaiming June “National Ocean Month.”
he law only stopped the US from drilling, thus putting us behind, costing jobs, and increasing the debt.

look passed the kneejerk of the media

Drill, Baby. Drill

oil-rig-900.jpg

Petroleum seep

Oh well.

I think you got dizzy because it was beyond your ability to understand why I brought up the factual information about natural oil seeps in contrast to his opinions which he has yet to elaborate. After that very post I wrote you that you misread badly, he vanished after being exposed by TNHarley so effectively for his poor answers to him.

Meanwhile you failed to realize that Confounding didn't even read the article well if at all since it wasn't even about drilling as TNHarley pointed out HERE at post 10.

I can understand your dizziness caused by your own spin on something you make clear you have no clue about,when you didn't pay attention to what TNharley, Confounding and Me were talking about.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Petroleum seep

Oh well.

I think you got dizzy because it was beyond your ability to understand why I brought up the factual information about natural oil seeps in contrast to his opinions which he has yet to elaborate. After that very post I wrote you that you misread badly, he vanished after being exposed by TNHarley so effectively for his poor answers to him.

Meanwhile you failed to realize that Confounding didn't even read the article well if at all since it wasn't even about drilling as TNHarley pointed out HERE at post 10.

I can understand your dizziness caused by your own spin on something you make clear you have no clue about,when you didn't pay attention to what TNharley, Confounding and Me were talking about.

Cheers.
You really are some kind of shameless coporate shill. I hope, at least, you get paid for your efforts. Whores should get paid.

Petroleum seep

Oh well.

Cheers.
You really are some kind of shameless coporate shill. I hope, at least, you get paid for your efforts. Whores should get paid.

You apparently have NO ability to mount a single argument on the topic at all. just your usual empty babble is the best you can dredge up.

Cheers.

Petroleum seep

Oh well.

Cheers.

You apparently have NO ability to mount a single argument on the topic at all. just your usual empty babble is the best you can dredge up.

Cheers.
And yet, there you are, on the wrong side of history and science. Pro tip: you are not actually presenting a challenge to accepted scientific theories. No, you are not mounting an argument. You are pulling your Taffy on a message board. People who9uny arguments against accaeoetd ideas do so through research of their own.

What's a few more massive oil spills? There's money to be made!

While We Weren't Looking, Donald Trump Just Reversed Another Obama-Era Environmental Regulation

President Donald Trump quietly signed an executive order rescinding Obama-era protections of U.S. oceans, coastlines, and Great Lakes waters on Tuesday, just weeks after proclaiming June “National Ocean Month.”
Trump is now allowing companies to go into our National Forests and drill and mine. So much for much of our wildlife habitats, hiking areas and camping sites. By the time he's done, it'll just be people, pets, parking lots, assorted business buildings, mining and drilling companies. If people want to enjoy the forest, they'll just have to have various DVD's of them.
Ever hear of reclamation?
This serene lake in Virginia,Mn is a remanent of a large operation for taconite mining. This area is the largest producer of taconite ore pellets in the country.800px-Virginia_Minnesota_(Iron_Mine)_a.jpg
The region is host to many large operations that my relatives work.
The operations that were underway when I was a child are forested trails, lakes and recreation areas. It is a beautiful area that supplies most of our ore needs for the country and much is shipped from Duluth harbor to the rest of the world.

Edit to add.
Trump was just in Duluth talking of opening more national forest area to mining exploration. Has a lot of support of my family up there.

Last edited:
Mining is vital in northern MN. So much that a major highway was rerouted per agreement with the mine.
'Engineering marvel': New bridge brings excitement to the Iron Range
This is supported by,

here it comes,

liberals.

Governor Dayton couldn't peel himself away from the dedication touting economic benefit and such. Most are starting to see through his pandering as his history showed he is against mining exploration and against the Keystone pipeline. Along with resistance to replace an existing and failing line within the state.

Petroleum seep

Oh well.

Cheers.

Cheers.
And yet, there you are, on the wrong side of history and science. Pro tip: you are not actually presenting a challenge to accepted scientific theories. No, you are not mounting an argument. You are pulling your Taffy on a message board. People who9uny arguments against accaeoetd ideas do so through research of their own.

The wrong side of history? :wtf:

Accepted idea's?
:wtf:

That's like saying, "Well everyone prefers flat chested women!"

Certainly there are those who like little itty-bitty boobs but anybody who thinks that's the standard is a mental case.:113:

If everybody is so accepting of AGW, why has nobody opened their wallet in the past 20 years to "take action" against "the coming calamity". So let me get this straight.....Sunset is on the wrong side of history? Really now?

Tens of thousands of scientists call bs on AGW. So do most meteorologists. So does at least 1/2 of the country! So taking bows in front of a billboard sign is ghey.....the "history" of climate science impacting the world outside the science is a joke. Besides being able to promote a billboard, the "science" has yet to make the case.:cul2::cul2:

Come talk to us when a Paris-type treaty is able to lower carbon emissions by more than 3% in 10 years!!:deal::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back