Donald Trump Says U.S. Will Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital

First off, Israel has decided Jerusalem is its capital, not me. Non negotiable items are designated as such by one side or the other, not by an agreement between the two sides.

I guess when one steals another's property , it becomes theirs.
Nothing was stolen. That's where you went off the rails.

Jerusalem was to be neutral for all, and the Palestinians have more right to it than the Israelis, who have no right to it.

Why would Israel have no right to Jerusalem?

Perhaps because it was never the historic (if you believe the BibleTorah as a historic source, that is) capital of Israel?
Is that a Quranic bible you are reading? Both the old and new testaments state clearly that Jerusalem was the capital of Israel. It was the seat of government of both David and Solomon and where the Temple was built and it was where Jesus went to visit the Temple.

In fact, there is no historic basis for the Muslim claim Jerusalem is a holy cite to them. The claim is based on a verse in the Quran that says Muhammad dreamed he rose to heaver from the farthest mosque, but there was no mosque in Jerusalem when he died. It wasn't until the Crusaders claimed Jerusalem as a holy Christian city, based of the new and old testaments, that the Muslims countered with the false claim it was the spot from which Muhammad rose to heaven.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with who has political or legal "rights" to Jerusalem today. The issue is settled in fact if not in the minds of everyone: Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and that will not change.

Donald Trump Says U.S. Will Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital

Which half of Jerusalem?

When was Jerusalem split in two then ?
pre-1967...Refereed also as the Green Line..

Pre 1948 all of the west bank and Jerusalem was Jewish under International law of 1923. The UN usurped their authority and handed these Jewish lands to the arab muslims in return for a ceasefire. The green line is not a border or boundary and when Israel negotiated peace terms with Jordan they were handed back full control of the west bank and Jerusalem

Perhaps because it was never the historic (if you believe the BibleTorah as a historic source, that is) capital of Israel?
A half-truth at best. It's one of the oldest cities in the world and both borders and rulers changed over 4000 years.

History of Jerusalem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to the Bible, the Israelite history of the city began in c. 1000 BCE, with King David's sack of Jerusalem, following which Jerusalem became the City of David and capital of the United Kingdom of Israel.

Meaning to any rational person the attacks on US personnel had nothing to do with US support for Israel.

The rest of your post raises the further question: are you insane?
Disagreed. It's a common and well known point of contention.

Could be! Since I think several people on this forum have different forms of mental illness to varying degrees, it would be a fair question to wonder if I, too, am a can or two short of a six-pack.

You? Do you ever wonder if you have any mental issues or do you firmly believe you are completely sane?

Meaning to any rational person the attacks on US personnel had nothing to do with US support for Israel.

The rest of your post raises the further question: are you insane?
Disagreed. It's a common and well known point of contention.

Could be! Since I think several people on this forum have different forms of mental illness to varying degrees, it would be a fair question to wonder if I, too, am a can or two short of a six-pack.

You? Do you ever wonder if you have any mental issues or do you firmly believe you are completely sane?
I am sane enough to recognize that you aren't.

Forum List

Back