Donald Trump: "Romney Shouldn't Disclose Tax Returns Until Obama Proves Identity"

The title of the OP is: "Donald Trump: "Romney Shouldn't Disclose Tax Returns Until Obama Proves Identity"
I an one of tens of millions that would recognize Obama if he knocked on my door. Therefore, like the tens of millions of American who would recognize Obama, I would not ask for his ID. So he really doesn't need to prove his identity to most Americans, we know Obama when we see him..:D

There is nothing in the Constitution which establishes a process to determine if someone is a natural born citizen.

No but there is the Supreme Court case Minor v Happersett which does.

Bwuh?

Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1875), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court held that the Constitution did not grant women the right to vote.
Minor v. Happersett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was cleared up..

Amendment 19 - Women's Suffrage. Ratified 8/18/1920. History

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Yes. They had to define what a natural born Citizen was in order to prove her case.

Bwuh?

That was cleared up..

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Yes. They had to define what a natural born Citizen was in order to prove her case.

And...?

Bwuh?

That was cleared up..

:lol:

You've misread the case.

Bwuh?

That was cleared up..

You've misread the case.

In a way. The basic argument put before the court was that if Minor was a citizen, then she had the rights of all citizens - including the right to vote. The court agreed that she was a citizen and therefore stated it was not necessary for them to get into the issue of what exactly that meant. The court did not provide an ultimate definition of natural born citizen.

Given that no court has agreed with any arguement President Obama is not a natural born citizen, that all branches of our government accept him as president, I would say the matter has been resolved to the satisfaction of any reasonable person.

You've misread the case.

In a way. The basic argument put before the court was that if Minor was a citizen, then she had the rights of all citizens - including the right to vote. The court agreed that she was a citizen and therefore stated it was not necessary for them to get into the issue of what exactly that meant. The court did not provide an ultimate definition of natural born citizen.

Given that no court has agreed with any arguement President Obama is not a natural born citizen, that all branches of our government accept him as president, I would say the matter has been resolved to the satisfaction of any reasonable person.
They agreed that she was a natural born Citizen based on the fact that both parents were Citizens.

You've misread the case.

They agreed that she was a natural born Citizen based on the fact that both parents were Citizens.

No. You really should read the decision and not read into it.

They said that she fit the most restrictive criteria that might possibly be proposed, and that accordingly it was not necessary to dive into the natural born citizen issue further.

Trump, in my opinion, is carrying the water for Obama. When Obama released his last questionable BC it was Trump providing Obama with the sounding board. Most conservatives could care less in consideration to the damage that Obama was doing. So Trump made it an issue and allowed Obama to slither out. Same with this story, Trump is providing Obama a foil to get this out this story hidden out in the open. I must say it is a cleaver strategy. I don't trust Trump, he has one foot on both sides of the line and leans whichever way helps him the most.

i think that when trump was just sitting there taking it at the correspondence dinner, he was contemplating what you just said. he knows.

cleaver or clever strategy, i agree trump is an opportunist loyal to no one but himself. this ain't over yet. we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back