"Donald Trump is Destroying My Marriage"

This whole article from New York Magazine seems like a great read, but I laughed right out loud several times reading this section. Boy, this lady seems like a real peach, doesn't she? Every man's dream of the perfect wife--full of RAGE. For people she doesn't even know.

Yep. Because THAT is not insane at all....

I’ve worked in Hollywood for 20 years, since back when sexual harassment was something people laughed at, and as a woman in that industry, I’ve experienced a lot of sexism; I’ve seen racism. Now I see ageism. It’s infuriating. So there’s a fair amount of anger that’s grown over the years, and that is definitely my de facto mode. I am trying to get rid of it through therapy. I don’t particularly think it’s healthy. But he has much less understanding about where all this comes from. For him, it’s a huge learning curve. It hasn’t broken up our marriage. But the rage that I feel, the toxicity I exhibit is something he often doesn’t understand.

I’d told him some of my stories about harassment, but when the Harvey Weinstein stuff started coming out, I told him more. I know he feels bad about the things I’ve been through. It’s more a global understanding he lacks. With #MeToo, for example, my feeling was, Let them all go down. He said, “You see no gray area in this?” And I said, “I don’t.” .....Though I should add he takes my constant rage with a sense of humor. If he took it personally, he’d probably be reduced to a little nub.

With Brett Kavanaugh, the first thing he said about him, before any of the allegations, was that they were once on a panel at some alumni thing and that he seemed like a nice guy, which of course started a fight. I said, “A nice guy based on what?” Everyone is a nice guy. And then at first, when Dr. Ford came forward, his reaction had an element of “Boys will be boys” and, you know, “It was 30-something years ago.” Even after Debbie Ramirez came forward, he was like, “Do you still think he could change after college?” I was like, “No.” At each stage, he’s had to reassess his feelings. And at each stage we have yet another argument.

Part of what causes fights is that I don’t want to hear his side, and he hates that. Mostly I tell him he needs to think about this more clearly before he talks to me about it, and then I walk away. I’ve heard his side for 30 years. I’m ready to hear new points of view.

Donald Trump Is Destroying My Marriage
A life long friend of mine told me he probably won’t retire, even though he would like to and has the money to. His wife is a rabid liberal that regularly screams incoherently about one thing or another. She watches DNCTV all day long. He thinks Trump’s presidency may have sent her over the edge. He can’t be home listening to that.

I wonder how common this is. Left or right.

it's too bad that if they vehemently disagree with each other - that they can't compromise & just agree to not discuss politics with each other. that is if their marriage is strong enough....
My friend is about the most apolitical person you will ever meet. He doesn’t vote nor pay attention to politics at all. He has no interest.

damn - that's worse than her ranting, imo. hopefully, they can work it out.
Statists tend to think that, but I think many Americans are sick of the criminals in the Imperial Capital.

Imagine marrying somebody and finding out when it’s too late that they’re the type of scum that would support Trump? This woman in the OP must be a terrible judge of character.

This whole article from New York Magazine seems like a great read, but I laughed right out loud several times reading this section. Boy, this lady seems like a real peach, doesn't she? Every man's dream of the perfect wife--full of RAGE. For people she doesn't even know.

Yep. Because THAT is not insane at all....

I’ve worked in Hollywood for 20 years, since back when sexual harassment was something people laughed at, and as a woman in that industry, I’ve experienced a lot of sexism; I’ve seen racism. Now I see ageism. It’s infuriating. So there’s a fair amount of anger that’s grown over the years, and that is definitely my de facto mode. I am trying to get rid of it through therapy. I don’t particularly think it’s healthy. But he has much less understanding about where all this comes from. For him, it’s a huge learning curve. It hasn’t broken up our marriage. But the rage that I feel, the toxicity I exhibit is something he often doesn’t understand.

I’d told him some of my stories about harassment, but when the Harvey Weinstein stuff started coming out, I told him more. I know he feels bad about the things I’ve been through. It’s more a global understanding he lacks. With #MeToo, for example, my feeling was, Let them all go down. He said, “You see no gray area in this?” And I said, “I don’t.” .....Though I should add he takes my constant rage with a sense of humor. If he took it personally, he’d probably be reduced to a little nub.

With Brett Kavanaugh, the first thing he said about him, before any of the allegations, was that they were once on a panel at some alumni thing and that he seemed like a nice guy, which of course started a fight. I said, “A nice guy based on what?” Everyone is a nice guy. And then at first, when Dr. Ford came forward, his reaction had an element of “Boys will be boys” and, you know, “It was 30-something years ago.” Even after Debbie Ramirez came forward, he was like, “Do you still think he could change after college?” I was like, “No.” At each stage, he’s had to reassess his feelings. And at each stage we have yet another argument.

Part of what causes fights is that I don’t want to hear his side, and he hates that. Mostly I tell him he needs to think about this more clearly before he talks to me about it, and then I walk away. I’ve heard his side for 30 years. I’m ready to hear new points of view.

Donald Trump Is Destroying My Marriage
A life long friend of mine told me he probably won’t retire, even though he would like to and has the money to. His wife is a rabid liberal that regularly screams incoherently about one thing or another. She watches DNCTV all day long. He thinks Trump’s presidency may have sent her over the edge. He can’t be home listening to that.

it's too bad that if they vehemently disagree with each other - that they can't compromise & just agree to not discuss politics with each other. that is if their marriage is strong enough....
My friend is about the most apolitical person you will ever meet. He doesn’t vote nor pay attention to politics at all. He has no interest.

Statists tend to think that, but I think many Americans are sick of the criminals in the Imperial Capital.

not voting sure ain't gonna solve anything.

if one doesn't.... then one has absolutely no right to complain.

LOL. You think voting solves something. How terribly naive.

what i said is

not voting will certainly solve nothing. there is a difference, you know. & nothing changes overnight.

don't vote? don't complain. it really is that simple.

Last edited:

what i said is

not voting will certainly solve nothing. there is a difference, you know. & nothing changes overnight.

Who said anything about complaining, other than you?

Stop with the cliches.

Jesus it's like we have to get rid of Trump just to make the left a little sane again..

I was just on the other forum and they were talking about his life expectancy, assassination and such .

Divorce the bitch!

because divorce.... according to the bible, except in the case of adultery.... is a big no-no.

funny how so called christians CONveniently forget that.
In that case, the bitch should summit to her husband and stop being a bitch. Or Else!

<pfffft> maybe he needs to submit. :whipg:

he might like it!

Seems like he already is submitting!

then what's the problem?

Is that biblical? You brought up Christians and divorce, not me.

Divorce the bitch!

because divorce.... according to the bible, except in the case of adultery.... is a big no-no.

I didn't realize the people in the article were such committed Christians. Huh

hmmmmm.... did i say that? nope, i don't believe i did.

but i noticed who 'agreed' that he should do a very un-christian like thing & 'divorce the bitch'. :FIREdevil:

The level of godlessness in the quoted section of the article is already profound--I bet you don't even see it. The woman is raging, doesn't care, won't listen to her husband. They are not Christians.

There are no children involved.

God hates divorce. But God hates the rest of what's going on too. God hates that woman screeching at her husband day and night too. What is to be done? As far as I can tell God is nowhere in this scenario.

what i said is

Stop with the cliches.

it's not cliche & how do you know about the person & his wife's situation if you weren't told about it in a complaining way- like him wanting to retire but won't cause of his wife....yada yada yada? then you say he doesn't vote - so he shouldn't complain about her anger. at least if he voted for IQ45, then i can see his point in an odd way.

Last edited:
Divorce the bitch!

but i noticed who 'agreed' that he should do a very un-christian like thing & 'divorce the bitch'. :FIREdevil:

The level of godlessness in the quoted section of the article is already profound--I bet you don't even see it. The woman is raging, doesn't care, won't listen to her husband. They are not Christians.

God hates divorce. But God hates the rest of what's going on too. God hates that woman screeching at her husband day and night too. What is to be done? As far as I can tell God is nowhere in this scenario.

ooooo.... you sound defensive. lol.... talkin' the talk again?

'they are not christians'.

that plank seems to be in your eye, Q-Q.

what i said is

Stop with the cliches.

it's not cliche & how do you know about the person & his wife's situation if yo weren't told about it in a complaining way- like him wanting to retire but won't cause of his wife....yada yada yada? then you say he doesn't vote - so he shouldn't complain about her anger. at least if he voted for IQ45, then i can see his point in an odd way.
Lol. That’s too silly to bother with

what i said is

Stop with the cliches.

it's not cliche & how do you know about the person & his wife's situation if you weren't told about it in a complaining way- like him wanting to retire but won't cause of his wife....yada yada yada? then you say he doesn't vote - so he shouldn't complain about her anger. at least if he voted for IQ45, then i can see his point in an odd way.
Lol. That’s too silly to bother with

sure, sure.

Divorce the bitch!

ooooo.... you sound defensive. lol.... talkin' the talk again?

'they are not christians'.

that plank seems to be in your eye, Q-Q.

This is actually true. I thought about this and concluded that although they are already deep in sin, and godlessness in rampant in their lives, me even agreeing with a comment that says "divorce her" might seem like I'm leading someone into a sin. And that's not cool. You were right, so thanks for that.

Forum List

Back