Donald Trump Hates America

2017-08-29-6ab77324_large.jpg

David Brooks is a conservative journalist. That's all that needs to be said in this introduction.

The rest of us can love America well.

By David Brooks
July 18, 2019

So apparently Donald Trump wants to make this an election about what it means to be American. He’s got his vision of what it means to be American, and he’s challenging the rest of us to come up with a better one.

In Trump’s version, “American” is defined by three propositions. First, to be American is to be xenophobic. The basic narrative he tells is that the good people of the heartland are under assault from aliens, elitists and outsiders. Second, to be American is to be nostalgic. America’s values were better during some golden past. Third, a true American is white. White Protestants created this country; everybody else is here on their sufferance.

When you look at Trump’s American idea you realize that it contradicts the traditional American idea in every particular. In fact, Trump’s national story is much closer to the Russian national story than it is toward our own. It’s an alien ideology he’s trying to plant on our soil.

Trump’s vision is radically anti-American.

The real American idea is not xenophobic, nostalgic or racist; it is pluralistic, future-oriented and universal. America is exceptional precisely because it is the only nation on earth that defines itself by its future, not its past. America is exceptional because from the first its citizens saw themselves in a project that would have implications for all humankind. America is exceptional because it was launched with a dream to take the diverse many and make them one — e pluribus unum.

Opinion | Donald Trump Hates America
Truly classic how he assumes his bullshit is factual when it isn't. Actions speak louder than works ever can or ever will and Donald Trump certainly doesn't act like he hates America but that he loves it. One the other hand Obama certainly acted like he detested America and did his level best to destroy it.

I'm sure he and his flock would be thrilled if 100% of our immigrants came from where his wife came from, and looked like her.

Maybe that part of this isn't obvious enough.
She came here legally........
They don't.........isn't that obvious enough for you.
Yeah, that's not what the meme is about.

But that's okay, we know what this is really about.
We..........you are either French or have a mouse in your pocket....

Hmm.
I think Trump loves himself,
and the only thing he loves is himself.
But
he does kind of like "America"
probably more than can be said about many politicians.

yep,more so than that last five previous administrations,all which took a shit and a lighter to the constitution.

David Brooks is a conservative journalist. That's all that needs to be said in this introduction.

By David Brooks
July 18, 2019

So apparently Donald Trump wants to make this an election about what it means to be American. He’s got his vision of what it means to be American, and he’s challenging the rest of us to come up with a better one.

In Trump’s version, “American” is defined by three propositions. First, to be American is to be xenophobic. The basic narrative he tells is that the good people of the heartland are under assault from aliens, elitists and outsiders. Second, to be American is to be nostalgic. America’s values were better during some golden past. Third, a true American is white. White Protestants created this country; everybody else is here on their sufferance.

When you look at Trump’s American idea you realize that it contradicts the traditional American idea in every particular. In fact, Trump’s national story is much closer to the Russian national story than it is toward our own. It’s an alien ideology he’s trying to plant on our soil.

The real American idea is not xenophobic, nostalgic or racist; it is pluralistic, future-oriented and universal. America is exceptional precisely because it is the only nation on earth that defines itself by its future, not its past. America is exceptional because from the first its citizens saw themselves in a project that would have implications for all humankind. America is exceptional because it was launched with a dream to take the diverse many and make them one — e pluribus unum.

wrong president,
That would be kenyon resident Obozo that you are talking about that hates America:laughing0301::lmao:

dont hold your breath....he called me a racist for posting something maxine waters said about obama....she said it i get called racist...the guys a stroonge...

You were called a racist for using a tactic racists use. As for daveman, LOL!

You both are racists and I am not spending time look for anything. I don't expect whites who are racists to admit to it. You for example, can't understand how you thinking that repeating something from a black person to use as validation for an incorrect assessment of Obama is racist. Because had Obama done like Trump and just catered to blacks like he does to whites, all you racists would have raised holy hell. But you ignore that and the fact that Obama saved us from a depression, cut unemployment in half, dropped black unemployment almost 10 percent and created more than 6.5 years of job growth. But you say he did nothing for blacks and lookee, lookee Maxine Watters said it to so it must be true. That's just like one of these losers telling me that Thomas Sowell agrees with their racist views so they are right about blacks. Or the there is no reason why blacks can't make it, look at Oprah so my racist opinion is right about blacks and racism doesn't exist. Do you understand yet Dresden? Do you need to see more examples of what you did before you understand why I say you're a racist?

Because I have used studies primarily by whites but nah, I can't be right on that basis because that one white person cannot represent all whites. But you losers, well you guys can quote one black person that says what you want to believe and that's a majority opinion.
You lick yogurt off of hobos' feet.

I don't have any proof, and I'm not going to go look for it, but it's true nonetheless.

Dood. That's nasty. You a nasty yogurt licker, licking yogurt off nasty hobo feet.

So tell me your opinion of Affirmative Action dave.
You mean the program that says black people aren't good enough to succeed on their own without the help of white liberals?

The only question here is why do you support a policy that says you're going to be a failure no matter your best efforts, and you need the help of modern-day colonialists?

Have you no self-respect?

And here is the example of your racism that you wanted proof of.

th
I'm saying you're smart and good enough to succeed on your own.

Liberals say you have to have help.

But, somehow, I'M the racist.

The only thing you're a victim of is indoctrination.

By David Brooks
July 18, 2019

/——-/ TDS in steroids

You were called a racist for using a tactic racists use. As for daveman, LOL!

You both are racists and I am not spending time look for anything. I don't expect whites who are racists to admit to it. You for example, can't understand how you thinking that repeating something from a black person to use as validation for an incorrect assessment of Obama is racist. Because had Obama done like Trump and just catered to blacks like he does to whites, all you racists would have raised holy hell. But you ignore that and the fact that Obama saved us from a depression, cut unemployment in half, dropped black unemployment almost 10 percent and created more than 6.5 years of job growth. But you say he did nothing for blacks and lookee, lookee Maxine Watters said it to so it must be true. That's just like one of these losers telling me that Thomas Sowell agrees with their racist views so they are right about blacks. Or the there is no reason why blacks can't make it, look at Oprah so my racist opinion is right about blacks and racism doesn't exist. Do you understand yet Dresden? Do you need to see more examples of what you did before you understand why I say you're a racist?

Because I have used studies primarily by whites but nah, I can't be right on that basis because that one white person cannot represent all whites. But you losers, well you guys can quote one black person that says what you want to believe and that's a majority opinion.

I don't have any proof, and I'm not going to go look for it, but it's true nonetheless.

Dood. That's nasty. You a nasty yogurt licker, licking yogurt off nasty hobo feet.

You mean the program that says black people aren't good enough to succeed on their own without the help of white liberals?

The only question here is why do you support a policy that says you're going to be a failure no matter your best efforts, and you need the help of modern-day colonialists?

th

this guy sees racism even were it dont exist...look at him wrong and you must be a racist...what else can you be?...

DemoRAT's, all they have is hate and lies. What kind of America will we be if we do not bury the DemoRAT party. What kind of country is built on hate and lies.

The facts, the sad truth, is there is not room in the USA for anything but what demoRATS dictate.

The demoRATs dictate, white people must die. How else can we see the hate that they spread not only across our borders, but as far as the southern most tip of South America.

What is, the demoRAT's final solution.

By David Brooks
July 18, 2019

The real American dream is nothing what the commie scum libtards want. Trump loves America more than any scum lib.

th

this guy sees racism even were it dont exist...look at him wrong and you must be a racist...what else can you be?...
shout racism.jpg

Our President loves America. The Democrats are the ones who hate America.

Exactly.

Trump tries to protect Americans by enacting a Muslim ban, Democrats file a lawsuit to block it.
Trump tries to protect Americans by building a wall on the border. Democrats file a lawsuit to stop it.
Trump tweaks the asylum law to deter the invaders at our southern border. Democrats file a lawsuit to block it.

Clearly it's the Democrats who hate America.

Forum List

Back