DONALD TRUMP at CPAC? Contender for President?

Donald Trump for President of the United States?

• No way in hell!!!

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • I'll need a lot more convincing.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm interested and watching.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Yes!!! Let's elect him.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
I already said that he won't run if he thinks he can't win, Ed. If the USMB straw poll here is any indication of the general mood of the country, he won't run. But I'm still thinking about that speech and how he reeled in a mostly hostile CPAC crowd in the short time he had to speak.

I'm just watching with a good deal of curiosity and interest. He certainly is not my first choice for President at this time, but I would vote for him in a heartbeat over a Barack Obama.

I already said that he won't run if he thinks he can't win, Ed. If the USMB straw poll here is any indication of the general mood of the country, he won't run. But I'm still thinking about that speech and how he reeled in a mostly hostile CPAC crowd in the short time he had to speak.

I'm just watching with a good deal of curiosity and interest. He certainly is not my first choice for President at this time, but I would vote for him in a heartbeat over a Barack Obama.
And I said he has no intention of running at all.

And he sure reeled in the CPAC crowd, he doesn't even show up in their straw poll even after combining first and second choices together!!!!

The complete straw poll results, when the voter' first and second choice for president were combined into one number:

Rep. Ron Paul (TX): 37%
Ex-Gov. Mitt Romney (MA): 31%
Ex-Gov. Gary Johnson (NM): 21%
Gov. Chris Christie (NJ): 16%
Ex-House Speaker Newt Gingrich: 11%
Rep. Michele Bachmann (MN): 10%
Ex-Gov. Tim Pawlenty (MN): 9%
Gov. Mitch Daniels (IN): 9%
Ex-Gov. Sarah Palin (AK): 7%
Ex-Gov. Mike Huckabee (AR): 6%
Herman Cain: 5%
Ex-Sen. Rick Santorum (PA): 5%
Sen. John Thune (SD): 5%
Ex-Gov. Jon Huntsman (UT): 3%
Gov. Haley Barbour (MS): 3%
Others: 12%
Undecided: 13%

He's not going away folks:

Today:

Donald Trump Hints at Possible 2012 Presidential Run
Mar 19, 2011

AP NEW YORK -- Donald Trump boots contestants off his TV show with a famous two-word catch phrase: "You're fired." He may want the chance to say the same to President Barack Obama.

The real estate tycoon with the comb-over hairdo and in-your-face attitude plans to decide by June whether to join the field of GOP contenders competing in 2012 to make the Democratic incumbent a one-term president.

Trump insists he's serious. He rejects skeptics' claims that he's using the publicity to draw viewers to "Celebrity Apprentice," the NBC reality program he co-produces and hosts.

"The ratings on the show are through the roof. I don't need to boost the ratings," Trump told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "But the country is doing so badly. I wish there was someone in the Republican field I thought would be incredible because that's what we need right now."

If he runs, Trump would follow a well-worn path of wealthy businessmen who have sought the White House before. Recent examples include Christian Broadcasting Network founder Pat Robertson in 1988, tech mogul Ross Perot in 1992 and publishing executive Steve Forbes in 1996.

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire New York City mayor, also has hinted at national political ambitions even as he says he won't enter the race.

Trump is prepared to spend as much as $600 million of his personal fortune on the race. . . .
Donald Trump Hints at 2012 Presidential Run

He's not going away folks:

Today:

Donald Trump Hints at Possible 2012 Presidential Run
Mar 19, 2011

AP NEW YORK -- Donald Trump boots contestants off his TV show with a famous two-word catch phrase: "You're fired." He may want the chance to say the same to President Barack Obama.

The real estate tycoon with the comb-over hairdo and in-your-face attitude plans to decide by June whether to join the field of GOP contenders competing in 2012 to make the Democratic incumbent a one-term president.

Trump insists he's serious. He rejects skeptics' claims that he's using the publicity to draw viewers to "Celebrity Apprentice," the NBC reality program he co-produces and hosts.

"The ratings on the show are through the roof. I don't need to boost the ratings," Trump told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "But the country is doing so badly. I wish there was someone in the Republican field I thought would be incredible because that's what we need right now."

If he runs, Trump would follow a well-worn path of wealthy businessmen who have sought the White House before. Recent examples include Christian Broadcasting Network founder Pat Robertson in 1988, tech mogul Ross Perot in 1992 and publishing executive Steve Forbes in 1996.

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire New York City mayor, also has hinted at national political ambitions even as he says he won't enter the race.

Trump is prepared to spend as much as $600 million of his personal fortune on the race. . . .
Donald Trump Hints at 2012 Presidential Run
The narcissistic pinhead is not running. The attention hound just wanted to brag about how "beautiful" it is that he is VERY rich. There is certainly nothing else "beautiful" about him.

Thought some might find O'Reilly's interview of the Donald interesting. Trump is saying stuff that nobody else would dare say. From March 30 and 31:

There are probably some other parts of the two-night interview too:

Part 1?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hNsH6FCKI4]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Interviews Donald Trump - 03/30/11[/ame]

From last night:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9K9ZYMFnbA&feature=youtube_gdata"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9K9ZYMFnbA&feature=youtube_gdata[/ame]

Last edited:
of course he said things you were hungry to hear. What else did you expect him to do?

I wasn't expecting anything in particular. I have been interested listening to all the wannabe candidates, those who haven't committed yet but haven't said 'no', those who most believe are a sure thing to run. And ALL of them are being 100% politically correct and doing their damndest to get it said while offending the fewest number of people.

Trump doesn't seem to care who he offends while articulating a rationale for what he says. That alone sets him apart from all the others whether or not one is intriged or receptive to his point of view.

So what did you think of his interview with O'Reilly?

Interesting. After that initial "NO WAY IN HELL!!!!" reaction to a Donald Trump candidacy, he continues to say stuff NOBODY else would get away with, and he's coming up in the polls. . . . .

WASHINGTON -- Real estate tycoon Donald Trump said Thursday he hopes questions surrounding Barack Obama's U.S. citizenship won't be the defining issue if he's chosen as the Republican candidate to challenge the president's re-election.

Trump told NBC News in an interview that plans to decide by June whether to run. He said that if he's nominated, "I'd like to beat him straight up," not on the basis of the birth issue.

A national NBC/WSJ poll released yesterday shows Trump tied for 2nd with Mike Huckabee in the 2012 GOP primary field at 17 percent (Mitt Romney leads the pack at 21 percent). NBC further notes,

Strikingly, Trump . . . finishes first among Tea Party supporters (at 20 percent), followed by Romney (17 percent), Huckabee (14 percent), Palin (12 percent) and Gingrich (9 percent).

Donald Trump: Obama Birth Certificate Details Being Sought By Investigators In Hawaii
Obviously there are no obvious front runners yet and it is too soon to know who the real contenders will be. I'm trying to figure out how I personally feel about it. Do I like this trend? Or does it bother? I'm not sure yet.

Trump is an arrogant, pompous ass.

That being said, he's a guy who can get things done and could finance his own campaign without owing anybody anything in return.

Would he make a good president? Who knows? But he probably couldn't do a worse job than the bunch we've seen of late.

Sure he could.

Thanks, corny, for lighting this thread back up. What a great trip down Memory Lane reading all the dipshit know-it-all opinions and whatnot from the world of lefty idiots who knew nothing then, as now, regarding citizen then and president now Trump.

And thanks to all of you dimocrat jerkoffs. Trump wouldn’t be president without you, and please pass along our regards to all your partners in the media too. A great team effort by one and all!

A wall, military on the ground, electronic surveyance, more border agents, etc will not stop them if our immigration laws are not enforced. They will find a way over, under, around, by air and by sea. Go after businesses that hire them. Stop catch and release, Enforce meaning of asylum seekers which is violence against race, religion, and political reasons, displaced by war and not your spouse beating you and the kids and drug affiliation violence and poverty. No more catch and release in the states and no more automatic birthright citizenship. Anything else is a waste of money time and feet on the ground. Enforcement and not need a fence because no one will want to come here. They will stay in their country and maybe work toward making thing better for them there..

Forum List

Back