Donald Trump A British Perspective

Taylo999

Rookie
Apr 22, 2016
Donald J. Trump in some parts of America is viewed as a refreshing alternative to the other republican candidates, who are often seen to simply appease the pressure groups for monetary backing in the election. When many Americans who are supporting trump are asked why they are going to vote for him, they say he isn’t corrupted by ‘Washington politics ‘and that he is exposing the hypocrisy from within. This to some extent echoes what is happening in many other western nations including the UK, with our equivalent of Trump being Nigel Farage. A far right politician who uses immigration, like Trump, as a scape goat to pin all of the nation’s problems upon. However worryingly in the USA Donald Trump is making a far larger impact in the election than Nigel Farage could ever wish for in the UK. From an average Britons perspective we can certainly understand that Trump could be gaining popularity simply because like Nigel Farage, he is a viable protest vote. What we are seeing is the darkest side of American politics, where Trump feeds off the fear of average Americans instead of actual policies. In return the people present in his political rallies, are somehow convinced by this rhetoric and many of them as I will mention further on, become quite fanatical.

Firstly I’d like to point out that if Trump held a political rally here they’re would be a completely different reaction. As he would rattle off the same speech of bigotry that he repeats at ever speech he does the British audience would be bewildered. For example one of his most famous remarks is that he will ‘build a great wall on the Mexican border’ and that the Mexican Government will pay for it. Of course this was after he accused the majority of Mexican immigrants of being rapists, however although this would be nearly an impossible task and he has not once stated how he will actually construct the wall and how he will get the Mexican authorities to pay for the wall. The BBC has estimated the total cost for the wall to be between 2.2 Billion to 13 billion dollars. From a British perspective this would be like building a wall on the coast of England and bricking up the channel tunnel, and then of course asking the French Government to pay for it all. It is appalling that this is not only one of his main policies but also the fact that a percentage of the American population are falling for it. One of his less mentioned policies that is actually likely to happen if he becomes president is to end the birth citizenship policy, which I believe is one of the most endearing policies of the US. The fact that the off spring of refugees can gain citizenship at birth and be entitled to every opportunity any other American citizen can achieve is why America is considered the land of the free. So why then would the American population, who are fond of this image of America are voting in a man who would tarnish it. In the eyes of many across the Atlantic Trump is seen as a quite backwards figure, taking America back to the isolationism of the 1920s.

Not only does Trump target Hispanic immigrants but also the Muslim population itself within America, this again feeding off the fear of Islamic extremists in the Middle East. He calls for a complete banning of Muslims from entering the United States, this statement alone would have been a death sentence for the career of any British politician. The fact that he has openly said that shows that although the US still has free speech it may not if Donald Trump has his way, free movement. Whether these statements are only to cause controversy on the campaign trail or they are actually Trumps views remains to be seen, as he has often before been accused of using publicity stunts to simply further his campaign. As of course he did when he was building his business empire. What is most troubling, apart from his hideous views of fellow human beings, is the fact that he is probably one of the least qualified individual to run a country. Never mind a Nation that has a huge military and a considerable amount of power on the world stage. You may ask how can you be sure he isn’t up to the presidency? To which I can argue that Trump wasn’t even a successful business man at the beginning, as he claimed bankruptcy a total of 4 times. So if he failed the first 4 times at running a successful business then why would he make a great president? He would only get one chance at that. It is almost impossible to see America better off under the stewardship of Trump. As although during the campaign he may make bold promises and feed off the fearful and paranoid populous, but if sworn into office he would struggle with the day to day task of the presidency. Yes he will be well suited to the public life of the president, making speeches and generally being the showman he is. But convincing Congress to go along with his radical policies is a different matter completely.

However looking aside from his actual politics the character of the man himself can be seen as the exact opposite of presidential. He can only be described as a bully towards his opponents, as he openly taunts his opponents instead of focusing on the key political issues. He does not save his abuse simply for his political opponents but anyone who openly criticise him. Examples like his comments about John McCain and his time as a prisoner of war, saying he ‘prefer people who weren’t captured’. Another example of Trumps disgusting behaviour is when he openly mocked journalist Serge Kovaleski of his disabilities. These are not the attributes you want with any leader never mind the leader of the supposed free world. His view of women are just as bad by calling some of them ‘fat pigs’, which leaves many to wonder just why any women in her right mind would vote for such a man. What is even more troubling is the fact that his followers are often mimicking his aggressive attitude. Jibril Hough for example, an American Muslim who protested at a trump rally soon found himself a target for the audience who beat him and threw him out of the building. This makes Trumps rallies seem a lot less like a US presidential election and more like a rally of an authoritarian state. Where opposing opinions are silenced with force It’s clear that trump does not belong in this century of politics; he may seem on the surface as a fresh opinion in a swamp of stagnating political thought, but his bigoted and radical views of how to make ‘America great again’ will in fact complete the opposite. For the country Donald Trump is the head of would not be great but it would also not resemble the US which stands up for freedom across the globe.

Guess it's a good thing he isn't over there running to be elected queen

Donald Trump has the rubes bleeving all their troubles are "because Mexicans". It's fucking hilarious when you stop to THINK about it. :lol:

And he has them shitting their pants "because Muslims".

Fear and hate. Hate and fear. The indispensable tools of a populist demagogue.

Yeah...............he scares all his supporters with stories about the Mexicans and the Muslims, because he wants their support, and that is the quickest way to get it with the conservative crowd.

However.....................he also said that Kaitlyn Jenner (a transgendered person), could use any bathroom that (s)he felt comfortable with, and is okay with abortion in the case of incest, rape, and the life of the mother.

I guess you can reveal your true colors if you feel that you've already locked down the nomination.

Yeah...............he scares all his supporters with stories about the Mexicans and the Muslims, because he wants their support, and that is the quickest way to get it with the conservative crowd.

However.....................he also said that Kaitlyn Jenner (a transgendered person), could use any bathroom that (s)he felt comfortable with, and is okay with abortion in the case of incest, rape, and the life of the mother.

I guess you can reveal your true colors if you feel that you've already locked down the nomination.
That's why I call him the Pied Piper. As long as he plays the tune the rubes want to hear, they cannot see him for what he really is, and they will follow him right into the cave.

----------------------------------------- all that's needed is to watch the murder , mayhem and havoc created by muslims world wide . And those illegal aliens entering from South of the USA are also causing problems for Americans Senor Biker !!

Trump will be better than mrobama from my point of view . Best deal would be a Trump - Cruz team . That team would really slap you foreigners around Tommy .

----------------------------------------- all that's needed is to watch the murder , mayhem and havoc created by muslims world wide . And those illegal aliens entering from South of the USA are also causing problems for Americans Senor Biker !!

My main point is that after scaring all the dupes into supporting him, he's now coming out in support of transgender people being able to use whatever bathroom they want, and that he supports abortion in the case of rape, incest, and the life of the mother.

Like I said, now that he feels he's got the nomination locked up, he feels free to say what he really thinks.

Do YOU support Trump? If so, do you also support transgender rights and abortion rights as well?

Trump already corrected himself on the transgender thing , I'll get a link if I can find it . ME, I don't care about the transgender thing beyond the principle that it is wrong . My kids are all grown . These issues are things that youngish millennials and their kids will have to deal with . Same thinking on illegal aliens and muslims in the USA . I just oppose these things simply on principle BSailor

ABORTION , from what I hear Trump wants to change the 'gop' platform . He want to always keep abortion legal in the case of rape , incest and the life and health of the Mother . Even in 1960 an abortion would be done in the hospital where my Mom was having one of my sisters and was having a hard time and it was a Catholic Hospital . Luckily she needed no abortion and Mom and my sister is fine BSailor .

The rest of the world doesn't understand our hillbillies. And they don't understand themselves.

------------------------------------------------- scares all his supporters with stories of muslim murder , mayhem , rape , bombings and then this gaggle of muslims show up . --- 'They Destroyed Our Home,' Terror Suspect's Family Says --- and Minnesota , hard for me to believe but they have had quite a few terrorist wannbes and many of the muslims in Minnesota would like to see 'sharia' law in the USA BSailor .

and in the article that I just linked it says that the muslim terror suspect had 5000 in cash that he withdrew from his Federal Financial Aid check or Stash . That's probably 5000 dollars coming from USA taxpayers BSailor .

and concerning mexicans or those from south of the border scaring people checkout 'Kate Steinle's' [sp] murder by an illegal alien in San Francisco on the pier about a year ago BSailor . Kate was shot and killed with a gun that was in the procession of an illegal alien from south of the border BSailor .

Donald J. Trump in some parts of America is viewed as a refreshing alternative to the other republican candidates, who are often seen to simply appease the pressure groups for monetary backing in the election. When many Americans who are supporting trump are asked why they are going to vote for him, they say he isn’t corrupted by ‘Washington politics ‘and that he is exposing the hypocrisy from within. This to some extent echoes what is happening in many other western nations including the UK, with our equivalent of Trump being Nigel Farage. A far right politician who uses immigration, like Trump, as a scape goat to pin all of the nation’s problems upon. However worryingly in the USA Donald Trump is making a far larger impact in the election than Nigel Farage could ever wish for in the UK. From an average Britons perspective we can certainly understand that Trump could be gaining popularity simply because like Nigel Farage, he is a viable protest vote. What we are seeing is the darkest side of American politics, where Trump feeds off the fear of average Americans instead of actual policies. In return the people present in his political rallies, are somehow convinced by this rhetoric and many of them as I will mention further on, become quite fanatical.

Firstly I’d like to point out that if Trump held a political rally here they’re would be a completely different reaction. As he would rattle off the same speech of bigotry that he repeats at ever speech he does the British audience would be bewildered. For example one of his most famous remarks is that he will ‘build a great wall on the Mexican border’ and that the Mexican Government will pay for it. Of course this was after he accused the majority of Mexican immigrants of being rapists, however although this would be nearly an impossible task and he has not once stated how he will actually construct the wall and how he will get the Mexican authorities to pay for the wall. The BBC has estimated the total cost for the wall to be between 2.2 Billion to 13 billion dollars. From a British perspective this would be like building a wall on the coast of England and bricking up the channel tunnel, and then of course asking the French Government to pay for it all. It is appalling that this is not only one of his main policies but also the fact that a percentage of the American population are falling for it. One of his less mentioned policies that is actually likely to happen if he becomes president is to end the birth citizenship policy, which I believe is one of the most endearing policies of the US. The fact that the off spring of refugees can gain citizenship at birth and be entitled to every opportunity any other American citizen can achieve is why America is considered the land of the free. So why then would the American population, who are fond of this image of America are voting in a man who would tarnish it. In the eyes of many across the Atlantic Trump is seen as a quite backwards figure, taking America back to the isolationism of the 1920s.

Not only does Trump target Hispanic immigrants but also the Muslim population itself within America, this again feeding off the fear of Islamic extremists in the Middle East. He calls for a complete banning of Muslims from entering the United States, this statement alone would have been a death sentence for the career of any British politician. The fact that he has openly said that shows that although the US still has free speech it may not if Donald Trump has his way, free movement. Whether these statements are only to cause controversy on the campaign trail or they are actually Trumps views remains to be seen, as he has often before been accused of using publicity stunts to simply further his campaign. As of course he did when he was building his business empire. What is most troubling, apart from his hideous views of fellow human beings, is the fact that he is probably one of the least qualified individual to run a country. Never mind a Nation that has a huge military and a considerable amount of power on the world stage. You may ask how can you be sure he isn’t up to the presidency? To which I can argue that Trump wasn’t even a successful business man at the beginning, as he claimed bankruptcy a total of 4 times. So if he failed the first 4 times at running a successful business then why would he make a great president? He would only get one chance at that. It is almost impossible to see America better off under the stewardship of Trump. As although during the campaign he may make bold promises and feed off the fearful and paranoid populous, but if sworn into office he would struggle with the day to day task of the presidency. Yes he will be well suited to the public life of the president, making speeches and generally being the showman he is. But convincing Congress to go along with his radical policies is a different matter completely.

However looking aside from his actual politics the character of the man himself can be seen as the exact opposite of presidential. He can only be described as a bully towards his opponents, as he openly taunts his opponents instead of focusing on the key political issues. He does not save his abuse simply for his political opponents but anyone who openly criticise him. Examples like his comments about John McCain and his time as a prisoner of war, saying he ‘prefer people who weren’t captured’. Another example of Trumps disgusting behaviour is when he openly mocked journalist Serge Kovaleski of his disabilities. These are not the attributes you want with any leader never mind the leader of the supposed free world. His view of women are just as bad by calling some of them ‘fat pigs’, which leaves many to wonder just why any women in her right mind would vote for such a man. What is even more troubling is the fact that his followers are often mimicking his aggressive attitude. Jibril Hough for example, an American Muslim who protested at a trump rally soon found himself a target for the audience who beat him and threw him out of the building. This makes Trumps rallies seem a lot less like a US presidential election and more like a rally of an authoritarian state. Where opposing opinions are silenced with force It’s clear that trump does not belong in this century of politics; he may seem on the surface as a fresh opinion in a swamp of stagnating political thought, but his bigoted and radical views of how to make ‘America great again’ will in fact complete the opposite. For the country Donald Trump is the head of would not be great but it would also not resemble the US which stands up for freedom across the globe.

Surely you dont believe we give a rats ass what you think?

images

My main point is that after scaring all the dupes into supporting him, he's now coming out in support of transgender people being able to use whatever bathroom they want, and that he supports abortion in the case of rape, incest, and the life of the mother.

Like I said, now that he feels he's got the nomination locked up, he feels free to say what he really thinks.

Do YOU support Trump? If so, do you also support transgender rights and abortion rights as well?
Trump is pro-life, except for rape, incest, and the life of the mother, which everyone agrees with. And for transgender, I suspect, that won't last. Even if it did, does anybody expect their candidate to be in agreement with them on EVERYTHING 100% ? That just doesn't happen.

The MAIN things are to stop the nutjob Muslims from coming into the US, get a handle on the ones who are here now, restore the power and prestige of the US military and local police departments, and get the Mexican and other foreign invaders the hell out of here. These are the basic important things. And having a lifelong member of the NRA in the White House, would be a big improvement too.

and concerning mexicans or those from south of the border scaring people checkout 'Kate Steinle's' [sp] murder by an illegal alien in San Francisco on the pier about a year ago BSailor . Kate was shot and killed with a gun that was in the procession of an illegal alien from south of the border BSailor .

I don't know. Maybe if you are going to politicize someone's murder you could at least bother to not guess the spelling of their name. You know...really sell the notion that you might actually care.

New Topics

Forum List

Back