Domestic Goddess or, Home Sweet Home

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
Feminists use the word sexism to explain why women would get in the frontline army. Sexism is limiting roles of men and women. However, what exactly do you see today that is wrong with a Victorian age model , of an immoral outdoors that is difficult to deal with and a moral inner sanctum with a Domestic Goddess of the household. I've been curious about the Shirtwaist Factory Fire was the earliest unionized 1910 labor of women caused mass casualties, and why did people elect Woodrow Wilson? It wasn't an election about World War 1 later on, it wasn't simply a split in the republican and bullmoose party, a Southern Democrat championed the Princeton's "Under God She Flourishes" motto, also Confederate rocking chairs over the New York factory floor chairs, and etc etc etc etc, I assure you. We have a changing society today obviously, where women get to be pastors, WOOHOO! What the hell is that supposed to be, anyway? Woohoo, empowered... pastor... So what do you think given any sense of consent on pursuit of such traditional values, or are we too deeply today in the Live-To-Work aspect, your thoughts. A Children's Book in Dixie once pined in introduction "where a woman's word is law" but the southern gentry is buried over with chauvinists.

Last edited:
Actually, it was BECAUSE of the Shirtwaist Factory fire that they formed a garment union. They wanted better working conditions, not to be locked in a room for 8 hours a day with few or no breaks.

The reason there were so many casualties in that fire is because the doors were locked to keep the workers from going on break. When the fire hit, they were unable to get the doors open in time to save the people.

As far as a "domestic goddess"? Well, I'm not one of those, but I can cook better than most, know how to iron, do laundry and clean a house. But, that was because I was a bachelor for most of my adult life, and I didn't want to go hungry, walk around in shabby clothes, or have a house I'd be embarrassed to bring people over to.

• Banned
Did you know 1000 Alabamians did something in the Korean war, 125,000 served in the Civil War, and wear green on St Patrick's day.

Wait a second, the International Ladies' Garment Worker's Union predates the fire a few years. They were marching against the big boss men's working conditions already in strikes.
I get SeEeeerVants for all those parts anyway, more time with my HuUUUussBAaAAaand.

Forum List

Back