Dolphins players take a knee

Is this anti American, Correll ?

r

And how about this?
EPA_usa_protests_rnc_10_er_160720_4x3_992.jpg

Far too many of these thickheaded, racist people speak on this subject emotionally without thinking.

The very thought of these BLACK players having the audacity to protest the way that they are doing makes them rabid to the point of utter stupidity.

They claim it has nothing to do with race, but anyone who has posted in this forum long enough would have to be in a coma to believe that.

I am American Patriot, who thinks that people who kneel during the National Anthem and their employers who support them are anti-American assholes.

I don't care about the skin color of the people involved. You are the one that keeps bringing that up, not me.

What you are is a fake patriot who wants to piss on the rights of the players who are protesting. That in itself is "Anti American".

And yes, it does further offend you that the majority of the players who are protesting happen to be people who do not look like you.

1. The players have their right to "speech". THey do NOT have a right to not be judged by that "speech". They are "stated" that they hold their fellow Americans in contempt and enmity. It is right and proper that American society return the favor.

2. Your assumption that I am offended by the skin color of the anti-Americans assholes we are discussing, is just your self serving assumption, and you have done nothing to support it.

Call it whatever the fuck you want to. When Kaepernick started it it he very clearly stated why and never have any of the players publically stated that they "hold all contempt for all Americans", that is YOU who wishes to interpret it that way because of your histrionic personality disorder and your closet racist beliefs.

Just because YOU are offended,everyone else is not, so get over it.

He said he could not show respect to America.

And by kneeling, he is showing the opposite of respect, disrespect, to America as a whole.

That is how people like you want to spin it.

Colin Kaepernick Says He is Not Anti-American and Respects the Military

I am American Patriot, who thinks that people who kneel during the National Anthem and their employers who support them are anti-American assholes.

I don't care about the skin color of the people involved. You are the one that keeps bringing that up, not me.

What you are is a fake patriot who wants to piss on the rights of the players who are protesting. That in itself is "Anti American".

And yes, it does further offend you that the majority of the players who are protesting happen to be people who do not look like you.

1. The players have their right to "speech". THey do NOT have a right to not be judged by that "speech". They are "stated" that they hold their fellow Americans in contempt and enmity. It is right and proper that American society return the favor.

2. Your assumption that I am offended by the skin color of the anti-Americans assholes we are discussing, is just your self serving assumption, and you have done nothing to support it.

Call it whatever the fuck you want to. When Kaepernick started it it he very clearly stated why and never have any of the players publically stated that they "hold all contempt for all Americans", that is YOU who wishes to interpret it that way because of your histrionic personality disorder and your closet racist beliefs.

And by kneeling, he is showing the opposite of respect, disrespect, to America as a whole.

He admits that standing would be to show respect to America.

And that is why he refused to stand.

I am not the one spinning here, you are.

r

I'd want to know why they are pledging allegiance to that oddly colored flag before I judged.
It's a blue lives matter flag.

Then no, it is not appropriate to discolor the American flag like that, but it is hardly an intent to state disloyalty to the nation.
Intent all boils down to a matter of opinion. Objectively, it is a desecration of the American flag.

Clearly the photo was taken in the midst of a national unity ceremony. What about the people that didn't take off their hats? Taking pictures? Or otherwise looking disinterested? At what point does someone cross the line and upset your fragility?

Of course you are. He stated publically that he "Is NOT anti American, and that he loves America"..

There is more to being pro America than just saluting the flag or singing the anthem.

Any REAL Patriot would know that.

r

I'd want to know why they are pledging allegiance to that oddly colored flag before I judged.

Then no, it is not appropriate to discolor the American flag like that, but it is hardly an intent to state disloyalty to the nation.
Intent all boils down to a matter of opinion. Objectively, it is a desecration of the American flag.

Clearly the photo was taken in the midst of a national unity ceremony. What about the people that didn't take off their hats? Taking pictures? Or otherwise looking disinterested? At what point does someone cross the line and upset your fragility?

The people in this protest were wrong to alter the flag, but their intention was obviously NOT to "desecrate" it, but to co-op it for their specific issue.

NOt good, but not an expression of disrespect and hostility.

Note that they are indeed, pledging allegiance to their altered American flag, not kneeling to express the opposite.

Of course you are. He stated publically that he "Is NOT anti American, and that he loves America"..

There is more to being pro America than just saluting the flag or singing the anthem.

His words.

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country..."

And he didn't. Again and again, he knelt to show that he felt the opposite of pride in this great nation.

His walking it back now, is not very convincing.

r

The people in this protest were wrong to alter the flag, but their intention was obviously NOT to "desecrate" it, but to co-op it for their specific issue.

Note that they are indeed, pledging allegiance to their altered American flag, not kneeling to express the opposite.
Objectively, they did desecrate the flag. Which you reduce to subjectivity by appealing to their intent. You say they co-opted a national unity ceremony for their particular purpose. One that we must assume you are at least partially sympathetic to.

On the other hand, we have a situation where there is no objective desecration in kneeling. The players are co-opting a national unity ceremony for their particular purpose. One we know you have no sympathy for.

The question to determine is why you are sympathetic to one, which is disrespectful by your own admission, and not the other.

His words.

And he didn't. Again and again, he knelt to show that he felt the opposite of pride in this great nation.

He is not "walking anything back." Furthermore if you are going to quote him, you should repeat everything that he said. Which included these words"

'I’m not anti-American,’’ “I love America.”

That was in September of 2016. Over 2 years ago.

Objectively, they did desecrate the flag. Which you reduce to subjectivity by appealing to their intent. You say they co-opted a national unity ceremony for their particular purpose. One that we must assume you are at least partially sympathetic to.

1. Altering something is not the same as desecrating something.

2. Intent is important. If Kaepernick was kneeling because he had to tie his shoe, and was simply too stupid to know better, I would not be calling him an anti-American asshole.

These people are not expressing disrespect for America nor Americans.

You show me a statement from them, similar to Kaepernick's where he stated that he was doing what he did because he could not show respect to the flag, and I will reconsider my judgement on them.

On the other hand, we have a situation where there is no objective desecration in kneeling. The players are co-opting a national unity ceremony for their particular purpose. One we know you have no sympathy for.

Standing is done during the unity ritual to show respect and loyalty. Kneeling is showing respect and disloyalty. It is not desecrating the flag, it is disrespecting it, and America.

I have no interest in his stated reason for disrespecting America.

The question to determine is why you are sympathetic to one, which is disrespectful by your own admission, and not the other.

Because the one's intent is not to disrespect America, and the other's is.

His words.

He is not "walking anything back." Furthermore if you are going to quote him, you should repeat everything that he said. Which included these words"

I quoted the relevant part, where he admitted that his actions, ie not standing, was because he was refusing to show pride in America.

Indeed, he went further than not standing, and knelt.

That was what he did. Those are the words that are credible. And the actions.

He walking it back, not credible.

His words.

He is not "walking back" anything. Furthermore, if you are going to quote him, you should repeat EVERYTHING that he has said instead of what personally offends you.

Which included these words"

And he has put his money where it counts for other Americans who are in need. Again, and again.

His words.

I quoted the relevant part, where he admitted that his actions, ie not standing, was because he was refusing to show pride in America.

He made the statement that he loved America over 2 years ago when he first refused to stand. THAT is relevant. What you are actually saying is that you quoted what was convenient for justifying your personal objection to his protest.

That is obvious.

Standing is done during the unity ritual to show respect and loyalty. Kneeling is showing respect and disloyalty. It is not desecrating the flag, it is disrespecting it, and America.
You never did address the people not standing at attention. People taking pictures, hats on, otherwise occupied. Where is the line of disrespect drawn in your opinion?

NFL: Colin Kaepernick thanks Miami Dolphins duo for kneeling during anthem

Colin Kaepernick has thanked Miami Dolphins duo Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson after they kneeled during the US national anthem on Sunday.

It comes after Nike decided to use Kaepernick as the face of a new campaign.

Kaepernick was the first NFL player to kneel during the national anthem to highlight racial injustice.

It seems to be impossible to discuss this protest in a rational way on this board.Clearly there are deep issues here that should be addressed but the reaction of the President and his attack dogs have made this impossible.

I dont know how representative the racist posters on the "race relations" forum are of America as a whole but it looks like the civil rights movement drove the racism underground and that hatred still exists.

Why cant the US leave the hatred in the past ?

You believe it's impossible to have a discussion in a rational way because people disagree with you. you are a typical leftist. "If you disagree with me you are <spins the wheel> Irrational".

His words.

He made the statement that he loved America over 2 years ago when he first refused to stand. THAT is relevant. What you are actually saying is that you quoted what was convenient for justifying your personal objection to his protest.

That is obvious.

His actions and his words, and his words, contradict.

This is common.

A wise man pays attention to actions.

He is an anti-American piece of shit.

Forum List

Back