Dolly Parton now on the list for purging

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2016
At Dolly Parton’s Civil War–Themed Dinner Theater, There’s Violence on Many Sides

Advertised as an “extraordinary dinner show … pitting North against South in a friendly and fun rivalry,” Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede is the Lost Cause of the Confederacy meets Cirque du Soleil. It’s a lily-white kitsch extravaganza that play-acts the Civil War but never once mentions slavery. Instead, it romanticizes the old South, with generous portions of both corn on the cob and Southern belles festooned in Christmas lights. At its sister staging in Branson, Missouri (the original is up the road from Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee), it’s put on at a venue that can only be described as resembling a plantation mansion. Also, everyone in the audience must pick a side.

This is similar to Medieval Times or Pirates.

It's easy, if you don't want to see the civil war reduced to an evening of kitchy entertainment don't buy a ticket. Don't go. Stop controlling the lives of others. Stop protesting the reencactors, this kind of entertainment.

Fun fact -- East Tennessee, where Dolly's roots are (and Tennessee is very much split into East, West and Middle) --- was dead set against the Civil War and the idea of secession. It actually tried to secede from the rest of Tennessee over it, as West Virginia did from Virginia, but was prevented at gunpoint by the Confederates. And it became a hotbed of "Home Guards", locals who would fight off armies from either side, often disguised as each other, using their towns as war pawns.

It's easy, if you don't want to see the civil war reduced to an evening of kitchy entertainment don't buy a ticket. Don't go. Stop controlling the lives of others. Stop protesting the reencactors, this kind of entertainment.

--- And where does your link even imply that? Hm?

It's easy --- if you can't deal with what's actually in the article, don't start inserting the content you wish had been in there. Stop controlling the points of others. Stop setting up strawmen.

Where did THAT come out of the article? I read it, nothing about "purging".

The entire article is making the case that the Dixie Stampede is too insensitive to exist.

am i the only person who has been in real life? dolly did this show to help employee the younger people and keep them from leaving....my objection to the whole thing....i dont eat in a damn barn..simple as that...seems my attitude is off putting to those wanting to eat in a barn....we of coures sat on the south side lol

the article seemed to be the young black lady bitching about the north/south thing....nothing about eating in a mother fucking barn and the food is tepid at best..why cause you are expected to eat with your hands...wtf?

I've always enjoyed dinner theater and Dixie Stampede was pretty cool. The only thing I did't care for was the fact that they didn't have utensils. Bring some plastic dinnerware if ya'll ever attend. lol

am i the only person who has been in real life? dolly did this show to help employee the younger people and keep them from leaving....my objection to the whole thing....i dont eat in a damn barn..simple as that...seems my attitude is off putting to those wanting to eat in a barn....we of coures sat on the south side lol

When the barn is 15 acres away from the house, and you don't feel like going all that way just eat a sandwich to get back to work...

I do. :lalala: Okay, really under the shade tree in front of the barn.

Forum List

Back