Dolls

poupc3a9e-jumeau-c3a0-vendre-automate-musicale.jpg

l_reprojumeau26%20(1).jpg

Thanks for this thread.AngelsNDemons
I love dolls is one of my passions, thank you again.
And I tell you the story of a TV shows in France and an auction was going on for a set of 5 old dolls and a man bought the whole at an exorbitant price for his wife £ 6,000 he said: what Pleased my wife makes me even more happy..

Thailand's life-size doll trend is supposed to bring you good luck

Never in our wildest dreams did we think that owning a doll that bears any resemblance to Chucky would ever become a thing. But it is in Thailand and the trend is huge

Known as Child's Angel or "Look Thep" (Thai for "Child God"), these life-like dolls come in the size of a human baby, and are being toted around by several Thai celebrities and women like a precious Birkin bag.

The dolls are looked upon as good luck charms and widely believed to invite good fortune and blessings, as well as serve as protection from harm for their owners.

A Child's Angel doll costs between 2,000 baht to 20,000 baht ($55 to $550), and its owner is expected to put it through a special ritual ceremony that will draw an angel in. According to The Carbonated TV, the Thais believe that the spirits of dead children are invited to live in the doll through the ritual.

The "Look Thep" superstition is believed to have been derived from the ancient Kuman Thong practice. Followers of this practice worship dead foetuses, in hopes that the spirits of the dead children will make their wishes come true.

Thai radio host Bookkoh Thannatchayapan has gone on record to talk about his experience with his own "Look Thep" doll, which he refers to as "my son Wansai." "The first day I got him, I took him out shopping for clothes in the baby section," he said. "Right after I paid for his clothes, I got a call that my canceled job was back on!"

In fact, Thannatchayapan is so devoted to and enamoured by Wansai, that the doll is now included in his family portraits.

velent

11849314_1633744473564887_2088505564_n.jpg

LikeComment
119 likes

Forum List

Back