Doles Out Millions for Hollywood, Railroads, Rum Producers

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
$430 million for Hollywood through “special expensing rules” to encourage TV and film production in the United States. Producers can expense up to $15 million of costs for their projects.

$331 million for railroads by allowing short-line and regional operators to claim a tax credit up to 50 percent of the cost to maintain tracks that they own or lease.

$222 million for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands through returned excise taxes collected by the federal government on rum produced in the islands and imported to the mainland.

$70 million for NASCAR by extending a “7-year cost recovery period for certain motorsports racing track facilities.”

$59 million for algae growers through tax credits to encourage production of “cellulosic biofuel” at up to $1.01 per gallon.

$4 million for electric motorcycle makers by expanding an existing green-energy tax credit for buyers of plug-in vehicles to include electric motorbikes.

‘Fiscal Cliff’ Deal Also Doles Out Millions for Hollywood, Railroads, Rum Producers - ABC News

Funny how Congress poses that they are for the people and then screw the people over.

I remember laying in bed the other night worried about rum producers. Good grief, Congress is nothing more than opportunists.

• Banned
Funny how Congress poses that they are for the people and then screw the people over.

I remember laying in bed the other night worried about rum producers. Good grief, Congress is nothing more than opportunists.

I hear you. I had a nightmare 3 days ago over...“cellulosic biofuel”. Terrible, just awful.

The Hollyweirdos routinely opt out of the U.S. to shoot movies so they don't have to put up with the added costs of idiotic union bullshit, so this lets the taxpayers, in effect, pay those costs for them. So Barry parties with the Malibu scum, collects their campaign donations, and then pays them back. Textbook quid pro quo at its finest.

That's a wrap!

New Topics

Forum List

Back