DOJ Trying To Ignore Laws That Protect Military Vote

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
soldier_5_397x224.jpg

The Obama Department of Justice is actively trying to suppress the military vote by ignoring laws that protect absentee ballots.

FOXNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: DOJ Accused of Stalling on MOVE Act for Voters in Military
Moonbattery: Department of Justice Suppresses Military Vote

Military Votes Slipping Through Cracks, Actually Being Counted

It's generally known that active military personel, isolated as they are from current events and the educational assistance of the mainstream media, are just too ignorant to be trusted with a decision as important as choosing our President - a fact proven by their tendency to overwhelmingly vote Republican. Bush's theft of the elections in both 2000 and 2004, for example, was blamed on the military vote.

Regretfully, we haven't learned from the mistakes of the past. A few military votes slipped through the cracks and were accidentally counted in 08' as well...but John McSame actually wants to count more. Absentee ballots mailed out to troops serving overseas yesterday might not make it back by today's deadline, and McSame is suing to have the deadline extended.

It's funny how these right-wingers wouldn't bend the rules to ensure the votes of our own citizens were counted in Florida, but they have no problems doing so to accommodate people who don't even live here.

BlameBush!: Election Watch 2008: Military Votes Slipping Through Cracks, Actually Being Counted

That article was pitiful and an insult to any man, or woman, who's ever served.

Sen. John Cornyn,R-Texas – who co-sponsored MOVE – wrote a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on July 26 saying he is concerned that the Department of Justice is allowing states to opt out of the new law. Click here to read the letter.

Cornyn, who discussed Eversole’s allegations at a meeting with Defense Department officials last week, called for Holder to immediately provide guidelines to state election officials; to ensure that states are required to abide by the law; and to provide Cornyn himself with a state-by-state breakdown of which states have already applied for waivers and which are expected to be in noncompliance with MOVE in the November midterm election. He also called for full transparency in the waiver process.

I just have to say, all military members who wish to vote should have the right to do so. I just find it incredibly ironic that a Republican is complaining about States Rights in this case.

Sen. John Cornyn,R-Texas – who co-sponsored MOVE – wrote a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on July 26 saying he is concerned that the Department of Justice is allowing states to opt out of the new law. Click here to read the letter.

Cornyn, who discussed Eversole’s allegations at a meeting with Defense Department officials last week, called for Holder to immediately provide guidelines to state election officials; to ensure that states are required to abide by the law; and to provide Cornyn himself with a state-by-state breakdown of which states have already applied for waivers and which are expected to be in noncompliance with MOVE in the November midterm election. He also called for full transparency in the waiver process.

I just have to say, all military members who wish to see vote should have the right to do so. I just find it incredibly ironic that a Republican is complaining about States Rights in this case.

I don't see why.

Democrats historically have been for states rights against the Federalists Republicans ever since before the Civil War.

Only recently with an out of control White House has the GOP needed to support the rights of states over a negligent and oppressive federal government.

Last edited:

I just have to say, all military members who wish to see vote should have the right to do so. I just find it incredibly ironic that a Republican is complaining about States Rights in this case.

I don't see why.

Democrats historically have been for states rights against the Federalists Republicans ever since before the Civil War.

Only recently with an out of control White House has the GOP needed to support the rights of states over a negligent and oppressive federal government.

I believe Modbert is referring to the fact that some states, (all blue, btw), are asking for waivers...

I believe Modbert is referring to the fact that some states, (all blue, btw), are asking for waivers...

Well I just find it ironic considering the numerous complaints, especially on USMB about being able to opt out of "Obamacare".

I could take a great deal of what he said, replace MOVE with the Health Care Bill and it sounds like the exact same thing.

Of course, if Mud thinks the current government is oppressive, then he is a moron. Especially since Obama has been no real different then Dubya, Clinton, Sr Bush, and going back further.

Well I just find it ironic considering the numerous complaints, especially on USMB about being able to opt out of "Obamacare".

I could take a great deal of what he said, replace MOVE with the Health Care Bill and it sounds like the exact same thing.

Of course, if Mud thinks the current government is oppressive, then he is a moron. Especially since Obama has been no real different then Dubya, Clinton, Sr Bush, and going back further.

So states should be able to require voter ID? Or is it that the conservatives are just supposed to cave on every issue because of consistency, regardless of right or wrong?

I don't see why.

Of course he's gonna want to defend Blue States' rights to block the military vote.

I fail to see how making sure somebody's vote is counted is the same as forcing people to buy a product from a private entity that they may not want or need.

So states should be able to require voter ID? Or is it that the conservatives are just supposed to cave on every issue because of consistency, regardless of right or wrong?

I never said anything about it. I just found it to be ironic is all.

Of course he's gonna want to defend Blue States' rights to block the military vote.

I wouldn't go down that path mud. You'll end up making a fool of yourself. Especially since I made myself clear in my very first post.

I fail to see how making sure somebody's vote is counted is the same as forcing people to buy a product from a private entity that they may not want or need.

Did I say everything? Nope. I'm referring to the same rhetoric being used. That's all. I merely pointed out the similarity in that aspect.

I never said anything about it. I just found it to be ironic is all.

Well seems to be a bit of insinuation of hypocrisy in your post. Perhaps I'm over analyzing? Won't be the first time.

I'm just at a point where I'm sick of hearing hypocrite and racist. I'm sort of ignoring both words now, overused.

As long as I'm ranting, I wish I could bash those who identify themselves with conservatives that are racists, such as that one thread with Tank. Did Stormfront or the Klan close a forum board?

Did I say everything? Nope. I'm referring to the same rhetoric being used. That's all. I merely pointed out the similarity in that aspect.

It's not similar at all, that's the problem. "States Rights" aka the Tenth Amendment has nothing to do with states being allowed to keep people from voting.

This is hardly surprising.

The Obama Administration enables Felons and Illegals to vote, and violates the civil rights of those who put their lives on the line to protect our Liberty. That is a pretty telling indicator of how much the Obamanoids value our freedom.

I'm just at a point where I'm sick of hearing hypocrite and racist. I'm sort of ignoring both words now, overused.

As long as I'm ranting, I wish I could bash those who identify themselves with conservatives that are racists, such as that one thread with Tank. Did Stormfront or the Klan close a forum board?

I understand where you're coming from. I'm not saying it's hypocrisy, I'm just merely commenting on how some people like to use the States Rights umbrella to defend things that may not be necessary right. The same umbrella usually used by the Republicans is seemingly used by a Democratic Administration. This was my point earlier about how they really don't change when it comes to the Presidency. That's the irony.

As for the racists, I'm assuming some racist board closed down. If Stormfront closed down, we'd have a lot more racists. However, the new racists are finding some pals with some of the ones already here. Best we can do is use logic against illogical people.

I wouldn't go down that path mud. You'll end up making a fool of yourself. Especially since I made myself clear in my very first post.

Go ahead chickenshit.

There's nothing a predictable little tosser like you can say that will make me look foolish.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back