DOJ Sues Hobby Lobby For Smuggling Ancient Iraqi Artifacts

Throwing gays off rooftops was the only decent thing Isis ever did.

Not because they are gay. Because they are obnoxious.

Never surprised when Tipsy cheers murders.

I should be, but Tipsy has applauded murder too many times to be surprised now.
Well, there are people who just need killing. I think it should be those who cause harm. The left thinks it should be babies. Samo Samo

Throwing gays off rooftops was the only decent thing Isis ever did.

Not because they are gay. Because they are obnoxious.

Never surprised when Tipsy cheers murders.

I should be, but Tipsy has applauded murder too many times to be surprised now.
Well, there are people who just need killing. I think it should be those who cause harm. The left thinks it should be babies. Samo Samo

You applaud the murder of homosexuals.

Myself- I don't applaud the murder of anyone.

Only assholes like you applaud murder.

“At no time did Hobby Lobby ever purchase items from dealers in Iraq or from anyone who indicated that they acquired items from that country,” the retailer said. “Hobby Lobby condemns such conduct and has always acted with the intent to protect ancient items of cultural and historical importance.”

Hobby Lobby Returns 'Priceless' Artifacts Smuggled from Iraq

Patty Gerstenblith, a professor of law at DePaul University who is an expert in cultural heritage, confirmed to the Guardian that she was asked by the Green family to explain to them how import controls for ancient antiquities worked in 2010 – a year before the tablets arrived in Memphis. Gerstenblith said that she went to some lengths to set out for them the potential pitfalls.

“I read them the riot act,” she told the Guardian. “I explained to them how the system worked in the interest of trying to discourage them from doing anything illegal. I knew they were building a collection, so I was concerned they might be doing something they shouldn’t, even out of ignorance of the law.”

I don't know how Hobby Lobby escaped criminal prosecution for what appears to be clear fraud.

Hobby Lobby even ignored the advice of the expert that they hired- and was complicit in the fraudulant importation of these items.

The President of Hobby Lobby was warned these items might be illegal- and knew that Hobby Lobby was going to import them- and either intentionally or with a wink and a nod- allowed them to be imported illegally.

Either case would open the door for criminal prosecution. Of course prosecutors have discretion- but this is a very small fine for a case like this.

This is why I call these people and most 'conservative Kristians' kristians with a k. They are not Christians, they elevate hypocrisy to new levels.

Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq

They smuggled 5,500 antiquities out of Iraq? This is destruction of antiquities on the level of Isis. How immoral and debauched these people at Hobby Lobby have to be to destroy the history of an entire culture dating back to the beginning of human history. They have committed crimes against humanity and should be charged with such.

How is it a destruction of artifacts? I doubt they went all that trouble to destroy them. ISIS would had destroyed them. Sounds like they were trying to save them because no one else was trying to, and they would had put them in their museum. They should still be fined though if it wasn't done through proper channels.

'wasn't done through proper channels'

I am surprised there is no criminal prosecution.

The President of Hobby Lobby knew about the purchase of these items- and was warned that they might have been obtained illegally.

Then they were shipped to the United States in a fraudulent manner- intentionally misdeclaring the value and description of the items - and perhaps intentionally misdeclaring the country of origin.

People have been sent to jail for doing this kind of thing.

This is not a 'Christian' thing- these people intentionally broke American law- I don't understand why the company is just being fined- and not criminally prosecuted.
Murder is Republicans' specialty. MURDER gays, and get away with it. Your entire party is a MURDEROUS BAND OF HOMICIDAL MANIACS. You will find the prison cell a good place to reflect. When you realize your racist, murderous ways were wrong, you will thank liberals for preserving your rights. Until then, you and your bigot idiot murderous president will occupy the cell nearby.

This is why I call these people and most 'conservative Kristians' kristians with a k. They are not Christians, they elevate hypocrisy to new levels.

They smuggled 5,500 antiquities out of Iraq? This is destruction of antiquities on the level of Isis. How immoral and debauched these people at Hobby Lobby have to be to destroy the history of an entire culture dating back to the beginning of human history. They have committed crimes against humanity and should be charged with such.

How is it a destruction of artifacts? I doubt they went all that trouble to destroy them. ISIS would had destroyed them. Sounds like they were trying to save them because no one else was trying to, and they would had put them in their museum. They should still be fined though if it wasn't done through proper channels.

The President of Hobby Lobby knew about the purchase of these items- and was warned that they might have been obtained illegally.

Then they were shipped to the United States in a fraudulent manner- intentionally misdeclaring the value and description of the items - and perhaps intentionally misdeclaring the country of origin.

This is not a 'Christian' thing- these people intentionally broke American law- I don't understand why the company is just being fined- and not criminally prosecuted.
Murder is Republicans' specialty. MURDER gays, and get away with it. Your entire party is a MURDEROUS BAND OF HOMICIDAL MANIACS. You will find the prison cell a good place to reflect. When you realize your racist, murderous ways were wrong, you will thank liberals for preserving your rights. Until then, you and your bigot idiot murderous president will occupy the cell nearby.

And why do you think I am a Republican?

The people that murder gays and get away with it are Islamists in middle eastern countries. Last I checked it’s progressives that stand with Islam and defend it every chance they get, while conservatives are the ones to denounce Islam as a barbaric ideology that should be ridiculed and rejected at every chance.

Forum List

Back