DOJ Sues City: Claims Written Test Is Racist

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
[One of the time honored tests of a civilization by historians was whether or not the society included a system of writing. Eric Holder is showing his true colors in requiring, like a rogue bull elephant in china shop, by having his DOJ sue the City Of Jacksonville, because one of its required tests for promotion for its firefighters adheres to the historical norm for civilized societies, its in writing. Apparently Mr Holder feels that one segment of this society of equals, where some groups are more equal than others, falls short of the historical civilized norm by being deficient in its literacy skills, and is insisting the city lower its requirements to pre civilized levels for this group. Perhaps the Aechulian Hand Axe Industry isn't as far behind us as we like to think?]

"Holder’s DOJ Sues Florida City Claiming Firefighter Tests Racist Against Blacks…

More pandering to Obama’s base.

MIAMI (Reuters) – The Justice Department sued the city of Jacksonville, Florida, on Monday, claiming its use of written tests to determine promotions in the city’s fire department discriminates against African-Americans.

The lawsuit followed a more than two-year investigation examining Jacksonville’s record of promoting African-Americans for the ranks of lieutenant, captain, district chief and engineer dating back to 2004."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Holder’s DOJ Sues Florida City Claiming Firefighter Tests Racist Against Blacks…

Last edited:
Like in Obama's Chicago where the gangs shoot the members of their race for "Being too white" by getting good grades in school and when they try to branch out in the real world and run into barriers because they're practically illiterate, this DOJ bludgeons the municipalities into promoting them anyway.

didn't we already do this shit in some other state? I think it went to the Supreme Courts and the eric holder's lost.. yep I think so.

what next? are we gonna lower the written tests for black doctors and lawyers?

PS.. I think Holder is just going to punish Florida for Zimmerman,, that''s my take on it.

Funny how they think AA's can't pass a test. What a slap in the face to any AA.

I work with and for some fine AA. They have to problem passing the tests for advancement.

Holders an idiot.

As predictable as lefties being against voter IDs.

So to any qualified Dim who didn't get a job or promotion or whatever because they gave it to a less qualified minority, neener, neener, neener!!!

[One of the time honored tests of a civilization by historians was whether or not the society included a system of writing. Eric Holder is showing his true colors in requiring, like a rogue bull elephant in china shop, by having his DOJ sue the City Of Jacksonville, because one of its required tests for promotion for its firefighters adheres to the historical norm for civilized societies, its in writing. Apparently Mr Holder feels that one segment of this society of equals, where some groups are more equal than others, falls short of the historical civilized norm by being deficient in its literacy skills, and is insisting the city lower its requirements to pre civilized levels for this group. Perhaps the Aechulian Hand Axe Industry isn't as far behind us as we like to think?]

"Holder’s DOJ Sues Florida City Claiming Firefighter Tests Racist Against Blacks…

More pandering to Obama’s base.

MIAMI (Reuters) – The Justice Department sued the city of Jacksonville, Florida, on Monday, claiming its use of written tests to determine promotions in the city’s fire department discriminates against African-Americans.

The lawsuit followed a more than two-year investigation examining Jacksonville’s record of promoting African-Americans for the ranks of lieutenant, captain, district chief and engineer dating back to 2004."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Holder’s DOJ Sues Florida City Claiming Firefighter Tests Racist Against Blacks…

So what they're basically saying is: "These tests that white candidates pass with flying colors are too difficult for blacks to pass so we should lower the standards so blacks can pass them."

Of course progressives are all for that - they love to lower standards..

I love how these idiots portray the tests as racist, yet their entire premise here is racist considering they're basically asserting that blacks are incapable of passing a test most whites pass. So in short - they're pretty much saying blacks are dumber than whites.

Who's fault is it blacks cant correctly write or speak the English language???

What do they want? Ebonics or phonetical spelling to be accepted??

Last edited:
Fires don't differentiate between different races. Fires destroy property and kill without regard to pigmentation.

Our goal should be to get the best qualified persons in positions of authority to protect our property and ourselves. Promotions based on exams that are graded on a curve or any other politically correct nonsense simple endangers the general public's well being.

SO let me get this straight...

If a man or woman does not have the common sense to do what they need to learn to read knowing hoiw difficult life is if you are illiterate...

We should trust them to make decisions as it pertians to their subordinates in life and death situations?

They already tried this racist crap in Connecticut and failed.

Fires don't differentiate between different races. Fires destroy property and kill without regard to pigmentation.

Our goal should be to get the best qualified persons in positions of authority to protect our property and ourselves. Promotions based on exams that are graded on a curve or any other politically correct nonsense simple endangers the general public's well being.

I recall here in NYC when they were forced to change the "physical" exams for women.

I recall one local legislator saying...

"How do they expect a woman to carry a 250 pound man on a ladder during the exam. It is unfiar to women?"

And they changed it...made it easier for women....they only had to lift 175 pounders while taking the pracitcal exam.

Wonder what happens when there is a 250 pound man that needs saving for real...???...????

didn't we already do this shit in some other state? I think it went to the Supreme Courts and the eric holder's lost.. yep I think so.

PS.. I think Holder is just going to punish Florida for Zimmerman,, that''s my take on it.

Do you really think Holder and the Obama administration are childish enough to do something like that? Yea, me, too. This is incredible. Holder and his ilk still don't believe that minorities can read or are smart enough to pass the same tests given to non-minorities. I find this highly insulting. I know they've done a thorough job of dumbing down our schools and rewarding those who quit school and make foolish choices, so they must think they've managed to keep all minorities in an ignorant and dependent state. That's why they claim that minorities can't read or aren't smart enough to obtain an ID to vote. That demonstrates that liberals have an extrememly low opinion of minorities.

Firemen don't just fight fires. Many of them are EMTs and paramedics and they are often the first on the scene to render life saving care in car accidents. Nice if they can read medical ID bracelets and such. If someone can't read, then they must not have graduated from school, or they are a product of outcome based education. You don't have to read to be able to perform heavy labor, but how intelligent is someone who doesn't read? I wonder how many minorities are actually having trouble passing a test. I bet it's highly exaggerated. Maybe one guy didn't pass and they are making a big deal out of it.

Last edited:

I recall here in NYC when they were forced to change the "physical" exams for women.

"How do they expect a woman to carry a 250 pound man on a ladder during the exam. It is unfiar to women?"

And they changed it...made it easier for women....they only had to lift 175 pounders while taking the pracitcal exam.

Wonder what happens when there is a 250 pound man that needs saving for real...???...????

I guess that 250 lb. man will have to be happy to die for a person's right to receive special treatment.

I want my firemen to be able to read.

How would they know they are suppose to 'BREAK GLASS' of the fire extinguisher box?

No, geezus.
It wasnt that the test was written. It was that on the written test blacks scored worse than whites. The disparate impact is ipso facto evidence of racism. That is actually the law in this country. It was part of the issue of the CT firefighters' suit. It is stupid and sucks. And Iowa (or Indiana or someone) had the opportunity to challenge it and was bought off by the administration.

That is just downright dangerous....

With jobs like this woman should be required to meet the same standards as men.

We're only talking about lives here...

Exactly, what happens when a house is on fire and there is an unconscious 250 lb man/woman that the woman in question can't physically extract?

I would think that would be grounds for a lawsuit....

The DOJ sues under the Civil Rights Act all the time ignoramous.

How is a written test racist? :dunno:

What Holder is trying to say is that Black people should be held to a lower standard than other races.

That is, they need to be taught that in America we should have lower expectations for them, and that if they know what is best for them they had better stay on the plantation where Democrats can take care of them.

Or some shit like that.

Forum List

Back