DOJ scandal about to break wide open

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
David C. Iglesias: Dangerous New Turn in Justice Department Investigation

Last week brought a dangerous new turn to the on-going United States Attorney and Justice Department disaster. Based on the evidence, career, non-partisan investigators recommended the appointing of a special prosecutor to determine whether criminal laws were violated in my ouster and that of my colleagues. No longer just a civil matter to blithely ignore, this ominous development could result in current and high level officials being indicted for crimes. I suspect the special counsel will "follow the emails" in the way that "follow the money" brought down Nixon's men during Watergate.

The Justice Department's independent watchdog offices, the Inspector General and Office of Professional Responsibility, finished the definitive investigation about the firings, stating that U.S. Attorneys may not be removed for an "illegal or improper reason." I was not disappointed or surprised by the findings contained in its blistering report which I cooperated with fully. Every reason given for my ouster was examined and rejected as "disingenuous after-the-fact rationalizations" by former Justice Department personnel, thus sounding the death knell to my alleged "performance-related" problems. More importantly, the firings of my colleagues and me "severely damaged the credibility of the Department and raised doubts about the integrity of Department prosecutive decisions" according to the investigation. Several Republican officials took key roles damaging America's premier crime fighting organization.

The 392-page report described a "fundamentally flawed" process of termination, one in which politics were allowed to overrule the historic independence of U.S. Attorneys. Pat Rogers, the New Mexico Republican committeeman, despite his incessant drone of criticism, curiously refused to cooperate with the Justice Department investigators, as did Senator Pete Domenici, his chief of staff Steve Bell, former White House Advisor Karl Rove, former White House Counsel Harriet Miers, and former DoJ official Monica Goodling. The Attorney General, Michael Mukasey called it straight, the removals were "haphazard, arbitrary and unprofessional". He further stated the reputations of the terminated US Attorneys were "unfairly tainted by the removals and their aftermath."

George Bush sucked our rights right out of the Constitution, and no on the right seems to care. McCain will continue. He has to to protect the previous crooks from being exposed.

George Bush sucked our rights right out of the Constitution, and no on the right seems to care. McCain will continue. He has to to protect the previous crooks from being exposed.

Overly dramatic. For a retired Marine, you sure are a drama queen.

Probably a retired Marine can see what another retired Marine saw.

Old Gimlet Eye up there sussed it out years ago.

If you want a nation of laws then you'll ensure that no-one is above the law and no-one, regardless of power of office, can use the law and that power for their own personal or partisan ends.

If you want a nation ruled by a King who wields personal power then you will support what happened in NM and you will cede the power of the people to the ruler.

I think you're going backwards but if that's what you want, so be it.

If you want a nation of laws then you'll ensure that no-one is above the law and no-one, regardless of power of office, can use the law and that power for their own personal or partisan ends.

If you want a nation ruled by a King who wields personal power then you will support what happened in NM and you will cede the power of the people to the ruler.

Wow--I don't think even WE have anyone that idealistic. OK Maybe one or two but most accept that there can never be total equality no matter how hard we stive for it. With all these claims of martial law and losing our civil rights etc etc. I can't think of a thing has changed as far as I and the feds go. We still have nothing to do with each other.

An Australian knows our history better than some Americans.

Smedley Butler not only won 2 Medals of Honor and wrote the book, War is A Racket.

He also prevented an attempted coup by some rich old bankers to depose FDR and impose a pro Nazi Government.

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940), nicknamed "The Fighting Quaker" and "Old Gimlet Eye", was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps and, at the time of his death, the most decorated Marine in U.S. history.

During his 34 years of Marine Corps service, Butler was awarded numerous medals for heroism including the Marine Corps Brevet Medal (the highest Marine medal at its time for officers), and subsequently the Medal of Honor twice. Notably, he is one of only 19 people to be twice awarded the Medal of Honor, and one of only three to be awarded a Marine Corps Brevet Medal and a Medal of Honor, and the only person to be awarded a Marine Corps Brevet Medal and a Medal of Honor for two different actions.

In addition to his military career, Smedley Butler was noted for his outspoken anti-interventionist views, and his book War is a Racket. His book was one of the first works describing the workings of the military-industrial complex and after retiring from service, he became a popular speaker at meetings organized by veterans, pacifists and church groups in the 1930s.

In 1934, he informed the United States Congress that a group of wealthy industrialists had plotted a military coup known as the Business Plot to overthrow the government of President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

You might want to look up who those industrialists were.

I'm no Smedley Butler, but I also believe in this country as a free country where rich and poor and even the president obey the laws.

Fuck your drama queen remark. We are closer to losing our freedoms than ever before and this time not from an external enemy.

Last edited:

Smedley Butler not only won 2 Medals of Honor and wrote the book, War is A Racket.

He also prevented an attempted coup by some rich old bankers to depose FDR and impose a pro Nazi Government.

I'm no Smedley Butler, but I also believe in this country as a free country where rich and poor and even the president obey the laws.

Fuck your drama queen remark. We are closer to losing our freedoms than ever before and this time not from an external enemy.

You're delusional. The new pres and congress can correct anything the find objectionable. Are you particpating from a federal prison ?

The only people that routinely ignore our laws are democrats. Ya lets elect another to the white house.

All Presidents except Clinton need follow the law you mean. And if Obama is elected you will look the other wat as he breaks our laws also,

The only people that routinely ignore our laws are democrats.

What a totally lame remark. I think even you know that's bullshit.

G. Gordon Liddy was a Dem. Ollie North was a Dem. Bush is a Dem.

Geez, retired, if you don't like liberals just say, "I hate liberals and all they stand for."

And then we can say fuck you too.

All Presidents except Clinton need follow the law you mean.

No, asshole, I have told you many times he broke the law. Your head is so far u p your ass, you can't even read that.

One more time for the truth impaired.

Clinton broke the law when he perjured himself.

Bush broke the law when he violated the FISA law that he admits he did.

As for the next prez fixing it, it won't happen unless it's a dem prez. McCain will have to hide his parties crimes. Get a life.

No, asshole, I have told you many times he broke the law. Your head is so far u p your ass, you can't even read that.

One more time for the truth impaired.

Clinton broke the law when he perjured himself.

Bush broke the law when he violated the FISA law that he admits he did.

As for the next prez fixing it, it won't happen unless it's a dem prez. McCain will have to hide his parties crimes. Get a life.

I thought Obama had it all wrapped up already ?

Forum List

Back