DOJ is suing Gallup: No poll ever to be beleived now

Gallup is accused of violating the False Claims Act, which was signed by Abraham Lincoln in 1863.

What is the law about? Well, stuff like this:

The Justice Department has used the False Claims Act to recover more than $7.7 billion from January 2009 to June 2012 in cases involving fraud against federal health care programs.[18]

USDOJ: New Jersey Hospital Pays U.s. $8,999,999 to Settle False Claims Act Allegations

Of course the 'nuts will throw anything under the bus if they can wring some Obama hatred out of it.

Gallup had obama behind. Then they got sued by the DOJ and all of a sudden obama has a great leap forward. It's not rocket science.

You have your head up your ass. Gallup had Obama ahead much more than the Rassmussen polls did.

I guess you think this is picking and choosing what polls make someone look good, and they should be allowed to overcharge the American people. You're an idiotic piece of shit.

Gallup is accused of violating the False Claims Act, which was signed by Abraham Lincoln in 1863.

The Justice Department has used the False Claims Act to recover more than $7.7 billion from January 2009 to June 2012 in cases involving fraud against federal health care programs.[18]

USDOJ: New Jersey Hospital Pays U.s. $8,999,999 to Settle False Claims Act Allegations

Of course the 'nuts will throw anything under the bus if they can wring some Obama hatred out of it.

The nuts (i.e., the partisan hack dishonest fubars, like you, Carbuncle) will ASSUME that the whistle-blowing in THIS case is valid, since that ASSumption suits your partisan hack agenda.

In the real world, of course, lots of qui tam suits get tossed out or, if they do proceed, the "plaintiff" loses.

Imagine that.

Gallup had obama behind. Then they got sued by the DOJ and all of a sudden obama has a great leap forward. It's not rocket science.

You have your head up your ass. Gallup had Obama ahead much more than the Rassmussen polls did.

I guess you think this is picking and choosing what polls make someone look good, and they should be allowed to overcharge the American people. You're an idiotic piece of shit.

lol, all of a sudden the left is worried about overcharging the American people..

NOT from our Government, put from a damn pollster..

You gotta love it

vote this administration OUT PEOPLE, this is pure INTIMIDATION

“Contractors must understand that it is unlawful to use inflated estimates to obtain higher contract prices,” said Stuart F. Delery, Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Department’s Civil Division. “The decision to join this civil lawsuit underscores the commitment of the Department of Justice to recover federal funds that are unlawfully claimed

USDOJ: US Government Joins False Claims Act Lawsuit Against the Gallup Organization

And right wnigers are screaming, "Yea fuck me. I deserve to be fucked if I want. You can't stop me from being fucked. Fuck this country. Damn Obama. Damn him from keeping me from getting fucked".

Stupid, vapid assumptions- just like the response from today's right wing.

Yours is the response of a coward because they already know what it would be I will help you out here just tell us what your reaction would be if this were being done by the DOJ with a Republican President I will even tell you mine I would find both the timing and actions to be suspect and questionable at the very least come on man up if you can.

I'm not an idiot like you. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Did the DOJ "threaten" all the other polls that are and will continue to show Obama pulling away with this election?

No your a partisan hack and your response just proves your cowardice I never said the DOJ threatened Gallup or any other poll all I have done is post the story and ask the question how would the left react if this were being done under a Republican which again you won't answer which pretty much tells us all we need to know your hypocrisy has been noted good day to you.

The nuts (i.e., the partisan hack dishonest fubars, like you, Carbuncle) will ASSUME that the whistle-blowing in THIS case is valid, since that ASSumption suits your partisan hack agenda.

In the real world, of course, lots of qui tam suits get tossed out or, if they do proceed, the "plaintiff" loses.

Imagine that.

So you object to the DOJ pursuing the case because Gallup MIGHT NOT BE LIABLE?

fuckinay

this government is out of control..

I'm beginning to be afraid for our country and our freedoms

Last edited:
You know what Liability.............

Why not salvage some credibility. You now know that there is no wrongdoing here.....if anything, the DOJ is striving to eliminate any appearance of impropriety.

You know this......but you are going with " the timing is suspect ".

What will we have left after November if every one of you nutters flies off the deep end? We are going to need the intelligent ones to help repair the damage.

My credibility is, of course, not the issue here, you dishonest lib hack loser.

The timing jut happens to BE suspect.

You can waffle around that undeniable fact all you wish, but the reality doesn't change to suit your hack agenda.

The 'nuts apparently didn't look stupid enough with their Obama is suing to suppress the military vote in Ohio kneeslapper,

so here we go again.

Trust me, you people look stupid enough already. No need to run up the score.

The 'nuts apparently didn't look stupid enough with their Obama is suing to suppress the military vote in Ohio kneeslapper,

so here we go again.

Trust me, you people look stupid enough already. No need to run up the score.

Trust YOU?

:lmao:

Why would ANYBODY deliberately choose to trust a dishonest partisan hack idiot like you?

:lmao:

"gallup violated the false claims act by giving the government inflated estimates of the number of hours that it would take to perform its services, even though it had separate and lower internal estimates of the number of hours that would be required. The complaint further alleges that the government paid gallup based on the inflated estimates, rather than gallup’s lower internal estimates."

republicans don't want to see the false claims act enforced? Color me surprised.

wtf?
you can't be serious you want these people prying on our free speech this way..If this the case then we should SUE Obama
Free Speech??

Holy crap, are you ever a dolt.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive if this has been repeated here already, but...

For all those who want to get the short story:

Three years ago, a whistleblower filed suit against Gallup alleging tons of money was being defrauded the gov't by Gallup through it's gov't contracts.

2010 Gallop was served with subpoenas, and it's taken 18 months (fall 2011) to get a meeting with DOJ and Gallup. (according to HotAir)

In the spring of this year, Axlerod made one tweet, which said:

David AxelrodVerified ‏@davidaxelrod
Smart piece from Ron Brownstein on polling, demographics and why Gallup is saddled with some methodological problems. http://bit.ly/HQCMVk
https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/192333709159047168

That was it. A tweet which took issues with the polling firm's methodology.

August of this year, DOJ, in finding more abuses at other agencies (including FEMA) of DEFRAUDING THE GOV'T OF YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLAR, enjoined the suit with the whistleblower - certainly suggesting there is more weight to the allegation.

Now, Sept 6, yesterday - Daily Caller's Matthew Boyle writes about emails suggested between Axlerod and Gallup - without any proof, and only saying "it appears" - and in Glenn Beck fashion, drawing a nebulous link from the tweet, to full blown DOJ intimidation.

Even other right wing sources are skeptical, and have voiced there is nothing there but innuendo.

^ Nutshell version.

and what will happen after I post this?

Damn ****ing commie in the white house! Abuse of Power! Now they're going after polling organizations! Axelrod's Chicago!
ratsenfratzen ****** ***!!! Evil cabal ****** ****** !***** bastards!!!11!!

Well no shit sherlock along with countless others....

40k hits....

Do you ever pull your head out?

Naw, I mean this thread was the first thing to come up, that's how ridiculous it was.

Here dumb ass

PICKET: Internal e-mails: Axelrod intimidated Gallup before DOJ lawsuit surfaced against polling company - Washington Times
Unless you're knee is ready to jerk in a position that only allows a pre-set result, which we all know it is, in your case...

Here is a story from a right wing source - as I have learned that right wingers such as yourself do not trust anything unless it comes from only a right wing source.

HotAir - you're familiar with Michelle Malkin's baby, right?

Here's what they had to say:

So says the Daily Caller, which questions the timing of a lawsuit brought against Gallup by Eric Holder and the Department of Justice over claims of overbilling for services. Matthew Boyle does his best to connect dots after the release of e-mails show Gallup’s response to a request from “the White House” to explain their methodology and David Axelrod’s attempt to publicly wheedle the venerable polling service into changing its modeling to improve Barack Obama’s standing:

And important sentence follows: "Appears is the operative word."

This exchange took place in the spring of this year.

The problem with the “retaliation” theory is that the dispute between Gallup and the DoJ goes back to 2009. Boyle reports that long after the jump.

In fact, the DoJ served subpoenas on Gallup in early 2010, although it took another 18 months to the fall of 2011 to get a meeting between Gallup and the DoJ.

The whistleblower filed the initial lawsuit, which the DoJ joined last month, four months after Axelrod’s public complaint about modeling in the electoral polls.

Could this be retaliation? It’s possible, I suppose, but it’s not terribly rational, with no upside and lots of downside over a nearly-meaningless issue.

It's true that Axelrod criticized Gallup and that DOJ is suing Gallup, but there's no evidence - not even the timing- that they're related.

Is DoJ suit against Gallup retaliation for bad Obama poll numbers? « Hot Air

Looks like much salt, has been grained.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive if this has been repeated here already, but...

For all those who want to get the short story:

Three years ago, a whistleblower filed suit against Gallup alleging tons of money was being defrauded the gov't by Gallup through it's gov't contracts.

2010 Gallop was served with subpoenas, and it's taken 18 months (fall 2011) to get a meeting with DOJ and Gallup. (according to HotAir)

In the spring of this year, Axlerod made one tweet, which said:

David AxelrodVerified ‏@davidaxelrod
Smart piece from Ron Brownstein on polling, demographics and why Gallup is saddled with some methodological problems. http://bit.ly/HQCMVk
https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/192333709159047168

That was it. A tweet which took issues with the polling firm's methodology.

August of this year, DOJ, in finding more abuses at other agencies (including FEMA) of DEFRAUDING THE GOV'T OF YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLAR, enjoined the suit with the whistleblower - certainly suggesting there is more weight to the allegation.

Now, Sept 6, yesterday - Daily Caller's Matthew Boyle writes about emails suggested between Axlerod and Gallup - without any proof, and only saying "it appears" - and in Glenn Beck fashion, drawing a nebulous link from the tweet, to full blown DOJ intimidation.

Even other right wing sources are skeptical, and have voiced there is nothing there but innuendo.

^ Nutshell version.

and what will happen after I post this?

Damn ****ing commie in the white house! Abuse of Power! Now they're going after polling organizations! Axelrod's Chicago!
ratsenfratzen ****** ***!!! Evil cabal ****** ****** !***** bastards!!!11
!!

you got that part right, dolt

Forum List

Back