DOJ FAILS AGAIN! Clemens cleared of BS Charges

Total dog and pony show.

Though I'm no Clemens fan, and definitely believe that he was on the juice, I'm glad he got off.

Same here.

But outside the framework of his guilt/innocense, WHY IS THE DOJ INVOLVED?

Why is it any business of the feds what some player did years ago to play a freaking KIDS GAME?

Because professional baseball gets special exemptions from antitrust law.
So it was blatant harassment, under thinly veiled threat.

Don't know how America puts up with huge corporate interests like MLB buying all that gubmint influence! :rolleyes:

Total dog and pony show.

Though I'm no Clemens fan, and definitely believe that he was on the juice, I'm glad he got off.

Same here.

Why is it any business of the feds what some player did years ago to play a freaking KIDS GAME?

Yep..and that should come to an end.

As well as government subsidies for professional sports.

Total dog and pony show.

So, lying to Congress is OK, and prosecuting him for it is bullshit, but lying about a blowjob is serious bizniz?

Dumbass. :lol:

Total dog and pony show.

So, lying to Congress is OK, and prosecuting him for it is bullshit, but lying about a blowjob is serious bizniz?

You tell us? Should Holder be held accountable for lying to Congress? Or is THAT different?

Total dog and pony show.

I knew it could be counted on that a shameless hack dirtball would bring that up...Congratulations, you win the shameless hack dirtball derby.

Now, who did Clemens try to coerce into lying for him before congress?

Total dog and pony show.

So you think he took PE drugs and are glad he got off? interesting...

Congress certainly had no probable cause to call for the investigation, as use of steroids in baseball wasn't even against the rules.

Would've made more sense to drag Gaylord Perry and Joe Niekro before congress for throwing spitballs, which is against the rules.

The use of anabolic steroids was not against MLB rules at the time, but recreational use of anabollc steroids does violate the Controlled Substances Act.

Congress certainly had no probable cause to call for the investigation, as use of steroids in baseball wasn't even against the rules.

Would've made more sense to drag Gaylord Perry and Joe Niekro before congress for throwing spitballs, which is against the rules.

I was taking the more generic position of whether you agree with drugs in sport.

I am against taking self-destructive drugs like steroids, but isnt this a matter best left to the sport to fix? Why is it a federal matter? And why is the DOJ wasting so much tax payer money when more important things are on hold?

Why are cocaine, heroin, and LSD covered by federal laws?

Same here.

Yep..and that should come to an end.

As well as government subsidies for professional sports.

I agree, if only because it's unnecessary. The NFL doesn't have an antitrust exemption.

Total dog and pony show.

I knew it could be counted on that a shameless hack dirtball would bring that up...Congratulations, you win the shameless hack dirtball derby.

Answer my question, shithead.

Answer my question, shithead.

I find this exchange interesting. :popcorn:

As much as I think Clemons is a weenie, I don't really like the way they try to demonize these players...

Great message, steroids are AOK. Got it CONs. Maybe all kids should use 'em?

Nobody is saying that...Get a grip.

Steroids are fine with Clemons, and he doesn't have young fans? UNLIKELY. Were he a crackhead, I doubt there would be applause at his acquittal.
No, they're not fine...But it's also none of congress' business, especially in light of the fact that juicing wasn't even against MLB rules.

Get....a....grip

Forum List

Back