DOJ domestic phone, email, Internet surveillance of Americans skyrocketed under Obama

Amazed

Rookie
Aug 31, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
A new report from the American Civil Liberties Union shows a dramatic increase in the U.S. Department of Justice’s electronic surveillance of Americans under the Obama administration.

Documents obtained by the ACLU through a Freedom of Information Act request revealed that under President Obama between 2009 and 2011, warrantless electronic surveillance requests by the Justice Department to spy on phone communications increased 60 percent from 23,535 to 37,616.

The number of people whose phone calls were subject to such surveillance during that same time period tripled.

Read more: DOJ domestic phone, email, Internet surveillance of Americans skyrocketed under Obama | The Daily Caller

I'm sure its ok....Bammy wouldn't abuse it.

You Lefty's really are hypocrites.

No I still hate it as I did about 2004 when it first started coming to light. The real hypocrites are the republican assholes who tauntingly said "You have nothing to worry about unless you are doing something wrong" while defending this and all the other moral hazards Bushco unleashed upon us in the name of fighting terrorism. I have no idea where you stood in those days but unless you were worried about this before it became legally defended SOP when we still had a chance to defeat this domestic spying operation then turn those accusations of hypocrisy around. We no longer have any opportunity to put this genie back in the bottle and we all know that republicans pulled out the cork.

No I still hate it as I did about 2004 when it first started coming to light. The real hypocrites are the republican assholes who tauntingly said "You have nothing to worry about unless you are doing something wrong" while defending this and all the other moral hazards Bushco unleashed upon us in the name of fighting terrorism. I have no idea where you stood in those days but unless you were worried about this before it became legally defended SOP when we still had a chance to defeat this domestic spying operation then turn those accusations of hypocrisy around. We no longer have any opportunity to put this genie back in the bottle and we all know that republicans pulled out the cork.

Boooooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned

Didya wanna go back and see how many Dems voted this?

for 2 years your idols could have repealed it......they didnt.

So enough of yuour chioldish "anti republican" rant.

Forum List

Back