DOJ asked to investigate ID voter laws

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Bennet Urges DOJ To Review Voter ID Laws | Senate Democrats

Restrictive Voter ID Laws Could Disenfranchise Thousands of Eligible Voters

Washington, DC – U.S. Senator Michael Bennet (D-CO) today requested that the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) carefully review highly restrictive photo identification voter requirements that are under consideration or recently signed into law in several states that could potentially disenfranchise thousands of eligible voters.

In a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, Bennet—along with Majority Leader Harry Reid (NV) and U.S. Sens. Dick Durbin (IL), Chuck Schumer (NY), Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), Sherrod Brown (OH), Jeanne Shaheen (NH), Jeff Merkley (OR), Mark Begich (AK), Ben Cardin (MD), Mary Landrieu (LA), Patty Murray (WA), Ron Wyden (OR), Tom Harkin (IA), Herb Kohl (WI) and Tom Udall (NM)—expressed serious concerns about voter identification laws, which could disenfranchise American voters.

Yes I'm sure he has as the next election is not going to go at all well for your party. If the illegals can't vote just think how many seats you might lose.

I'm sure there will be a Black Panther at every polling place courtesy of Eric Holder and his goons. It's not like the Dems are much on fair and free elections.

Thanks to Obama and the Nationalsozialismus.

Last edited:
You can't do anything without ID except fart. There is nothing wrong with requiring ID. Obama comes from Chicago and we know how their political machine works. He is buying black votes, Hispanic votes, Muslim votes, welfare votes. The only ones he is not getting are the people paying the bills. What a mistake we made.

You can't do anything without ID except fart. There is nothing wrong with requiring ID. Obama comes from Chicago and we know how their political machine works. He is buying black votes, Hispanic votes, Muslim votes, welfare votes. The only ones he is not getting are the people paying the bills. What a mistake we made.

And his policies are quickly eroding the number of people paying the biils. Obama, the foodstamp President.

It can be a real pain to get an ID though. Here in GA, they require proof of residency that I don't currently have, despite living at my current address for more than a year. I'm an unusual case, and I'm not saying requiring ID to vote is a bad thing, I just feel the need to point out it's not necessarily all partisan rhetoric. There may actually be legitimate concern involved (I know, how likely does that sound? :lol:).

Can any of you give a shred of proof for your claims that ID laws disenfranchise no one?

That is the very point of this action.

Of course I thought of it

I think that TM must be on something, he never changes his rant. It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Can any of you give a shred of proof for your claims that ID laws disenfranchise no one?

Truthies position is that it is far better for 100 non eligible voters vote (for his party, of course) than one eligible voter be made to perform the hard task of getting a picture ID from somewhere.

(Oh how hard it is to get a picture ID this day and age, so so difficult. Oh where oh where would I get one????)

That is the very point of this action. Of course I thought of it

See, some of us want to go back to a day and age when only the Educated, and Informed members of society were allowed to vote. In the past that was done by removing all women and non-land owners from the process. We probably don't need to go back quite that far, but we do need to return to a system where the un-Educated and either mis-Informed or un-Informed are not allowed to be part of the process. Now obviously this would weed out a large percentage of the minority populations and women would be restrained from voting for moral reasons; but that's just the way things need to be to correct the problems we have in this country right now. Especially since most of the problems stem from those people being allowed to vote in the first place.

The Democrats are pulling out all the stops. President Clinton is coming back into Pennsylvania on behalf of my opponent again. The President is coming in on Saturday. Mrs. Obama is coming in on Sunday or Monday…

I saw today that the Governor said yesterday that Bob Brady should resign as chairman of the Democratic committee of Philadelphia if he doesn’t get 50% turnout….

I don’t think he’s going to get 50%.

But we want to make sure that they don’t get 50%.

Keep that down.”

Forum List

Back