doing the right thing.

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
ATLANTA, Ga. —

A 103-year-old woman and her 83-year-old daughter were just moments from being evicted from their home Tuesday, when sheriff's deputies and the moving company hired by the bank decided not to go through with the action.

At just three weeks shy of her 104th birthday, Vinia Hall has shared her home on Penelope Road in Northwest Atlanta with her daughter for 53 years.

"I love it. It's a mansion," Hall said about her house.

Fulton County sheriff's deputies and movers showed up at Hall's home Tuesday after Deutsche Bank planned to kick the two women out. The moving company and the deputies took one look at her and decided that would not happen.

Movers, deputies refuse to evict 103-year-old woman | www.wsbtv.com

:thup:

That's profoundly excellent!

However, I have one question...why would they still have a mortgage on a home in which they have been living for 53 years?

ATLANTA, Ga. —

A 103-year-old woman and her 83-year-old daughter were just moments from being evicted from their home Tuesday, when sheriff's deputies and the moving company hired by the bank decided not to go through with the action.

At just three weeks shy of her 104th birthday, Vinia Hall has shared her home on Penelope Road in Northwest Atlanta with her daughter for 53 years.

"I love it. It's a mansion," Hall said about her house.

Fulton County sheriff's deputies and movers showed up at Hall's home Tuesday after Deutsche Bank planned to kick the two women out. The moving company and the deputies took one look at her and decided that would not happen.

Movers, deputies refuse to evict 103-year-old woman | www.wsbtv.com

:thup:

They were still paying a mortgage? Somebody screwed up with a loan somewhere.

Merry Christmas Vinia. The community should rally and help her to live the rest of her life in peace.

(and look into the loan situation)

Trust me. The only reason the Nazi party declined to interfere is the fact that a state nursing home for the two of them would be ten times the property value PER YEAR !
Leave "compassion" out of the equation.It's murka. It's just business.

At those ages they probably remortgaged their home to have money to live on. Too bad they didn't do a reverse mortgage instead.

Hurray for the good guys!

At those ages they probably remortgaged their home to have money to live on. Too bad they didn't do a reverse mortgage instead.

You missed my Zillow link. The reverse mortgage wouldn't have covered 2 years and that's pushing it.

Yeah...the house was worth $35,000....but in that area it might have brought in enough to keep them in food and electric.

You missed my Zillow link. The reverse mortgage wouldn't have covered 2 years and that's pushing it.

Yeah...the house was worth $35,000....but in that area it might have brought in enough to keep them in food and electric.
What happened to the money that was borrowed in the first place ?
Dat ryte ? Who knows.
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...akeover-about-lose-home-television-show-built

New Topics

Forum List

Back