Doing some research on unions

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Not sure where to place this thread, I am sure some of you have suggestion and I am sure the mods will move it if it's not in the correct board.
But anyway I have started to do some research on Unions in America and found this link to the Hotel Employees & Restaurant Employees International Union which is based in California. Now why is an American union connected with international unions? If this union contributes to an American politician is it a conflict of interest? And didn't this union contribute money to the obama campaign?
Section 2. Remuneration

(a) The salary of the position of Executive Vice President has been $237,500 since September 1, 1999. This salary shall continue without change until the next Convention of the International Union.
HEREIU Part 1, duties

Not sure where to place this thread, I am sure some of you have suggestion and I am sure the mods will move it if it's not in the correct board.
But anyway I have started to do some research on Unions in America and found this link to the Hotel Employees & Restaurant Employees International Union which is based in California. Now why is an American union connected with international unions? If this union contributes to an American politician is it a conflict of interest? And didn't this union contribute money to the obama campaign?
Section 2. Remuneration

(a) The salary of the position of Executive Vice President has been $237,500 since September 1, 1999. This salary shall continue without change until the next Convention of the International Union.
HEREIU Part 1, duties

Oh, I see...international businesses are okay, but international unions aren't?

What's the problem with that?

Section 2. Remuneration

HEREIU Part 1, duties

Oh, I see...international businesses are okay, but international unions aren't?

What's the problem with that?

Not sure but do international businesses contribute to American political campaign, but I am sure union do. This same union help define the healthcare law obama signed. So hell yes I see a problem with this.

I have an idea where this thread might be better situated.

Since the author is anti-union and anti-government one is able to make some assumptions. S/he is unable to pass a civil service test and or meet the MQ's to work at union wages. Since his/her other postings reflect a hatred for the president, all things liberal or progressive and ideas which might create congnitive dissonance in others doesn't phase him/her, we can also presume he is willfully ignorant.
Since s/he has never posted a solution or even an idea on how to fix any of the myriad problems facing our nation today, we can assume s/he is not creative or given to critical thinking.

So, s/he is a proud member of the echo chamber.

btw, who first used the term echo chamber?

Last edited:

Since the author is anti-union and anti-government one is able to make some assumptions. S/he is unable to pass a civil service test and or meet the MQ's to work at union wages. Since his/her other postings reflect a hatred for the president, all things liberal or progressive and ideas which might create congnitive dissonance in others doesn't phase him/her, we can also presume he is willfully ignorant.
Since s/he has never posted a solution or even an idea on how to fix any of the myriad problems facing our nation today, we can assume s/he is not creative or given to critical thinking.

Since the author is anti-union and anti-government one is able to make some assumptions.

Unions at one time had it's place in American but with the creation of labor laws the unions have sucked the life out of the American economy. So yes I am anti modern day unions because the core of their agenda is Anti America.

I am anti big government

S/he is unable to pass a civil service test and or meet the MQ's to work at union wages.

I'm a He
I at one time in my life was a public servant a police officer so yes I can pass a civil servants test.

I can out work any uinion plumber out there. I have past the test

Since his/her other postings reflect a hatred for the president all things liberal or progressive and ideas which might create congnitive dissonance in others doesn't phase him/her, we can also presume he is willfully ignorant.

No doubt but do not negate the truth about obama and my hate for him. He represents the begining of the old Russian system. You do ealize that the communist party is part and partial with the unions?

Yes I have end the unions power play and the federal government needs to get out of the way of the economy. Stop with all the hand outs.

Since the author is anti-union and anti-government one is able to make some assumptions.

Unions at one time had it's place in American but with the creation of labor laws the unions have sucked the life out of the American economy. So yes I am anti modern day unions because the core of their agenda is Anti America.

I am anti big government

I'm a He
I at one time in my life was a public servant a police officer so yes I can pass a civil servants test.

Since his/her other postings reflect a hatred for the president all things liberal or progressive and ideas which might create congnitive dissonance in others doesn't phase him/her, we can also presume he is willfully ignorant.

No doubt but do not negate the truth about obama and my hate for him. He represents the begining of the old Russian system. You do ealize that the communist party is part and partial with the unions?

Yes I have end the unions power play and the federal government needs to get out of the way of the economy. Stop with all the hand outs.

Janitors have to pass a civil service test?

Learn something new everyday.

Last edited:

I am anti big government

I'm a He

You were a police officer? "were"? Did you retire, or leave?

I am anti big government

I'm a He

This is not a secert I have said it many times on this board. Where have you been?
I left to make money Back in the late 80's making close to 20,000 a year as a small town cop was not worth it. And the fact I almost shot a homeless person for hiding a can of beer under his coat was another thing that shuck me up.

That, and the fact that you are barely coherent in the written word probably didn't help your prospects in a career that can can have high amounts of paperwork.

That, and the fact that you are barely coherent in the written word probably didn't help your prospects in a career that can can have high amounts of paperwork.

My report writing skills were good I had to do it everyday. Now not so much so it really doesn't matter. I am not doing any investigating reports that a judge or jury will have to look at.

No, I don't realize unions, per se, are part and parcel of the communist party. A brief history of unions n the U.S. does reflect some elements of the stuggle between labor and capital as suggested by Marx and Engels, yet the implication that this stuggle somehow suggests unions are supportive of an authoritarian/totalitarian government which was the old soviet union is absurd.
I am a retired LEO, I spent 32 + years as a deputy, supervisor and manager - the last ten working with the chief and very much involved in Union negotiations (I also suprevised IA for a while - the worst F'n job in the world).
So, I bumped heads with the union business agents many times, and yes, many unions have forgotten their original purpose and act in their best interest, not in the interest of the agency they represent.
But, without unions, the working man would be exploited. Instead of well trained, well paid, professional peace officers our citizens would be 'protected' by thugs supervised by black water types.

Last edited:
No, I don't realize unions, per se, are part and parcel of the communist party. A brief history of unions n the U.S. does reflect some elements of the stuggle between labor and capital as suggested by Marx and Engels, yet the implication that this stuggle somehow suggests unions are supportive of an authoritarian/totalitarian government which was the old soviet union is absurd.
I am a retired LEO, I spent 32 + years as a deputy, supervisor and manager - the last ten working with the chief and very much involved in Union negotiations (I also suprevised IA for a while - the worst F'n job in the world).
So, I bumped heads with the union business agents many times, and yes, many unions have forgotten their original purpose and act in their best interest, not in the interest of the agency they represent.
But, without unions, the working man would be expoited. Instead of well trained, well paid, professional peace officers our citizens would be 'protected' by thugs supervised by black water types.

I'll start with this last part

But, without unions, the working man would be expoited. Instead of well trained, well paid, professional peace officers our citizens would be 'protected' by thugs supervised by black water types.

Do we not have labor laws to prevent the working class from being exploited? As for training I have never been part of any union and I consider myself trained as good if not better then any union member of any field of work I have completed in my lifetime. I have worked with men who have been in unions and they have said they would never work in a union ever again. When Piedmont airlines was in financial troubles the unions kept trying to get more money from them Piedmont airlines folded because of the union.

I to bumped heads with the chief one time I did a vehicle stop one night of the area Klan grand wazzard. because he was driving in an area that the town blacks hung out at, with two over sized Confedrate battle flags fling on a 7 foot tall pole on the back of his truck. I told him he would have to remove the flags or I would have to issue him a citiation. Forgot what law I said he violated, but the next day the chief calls me in and I had to explain to him what law it was I cited, I did he agreed but told me not to do that anymore. Come to find out a few years later the chief was a life tie member of the klan.

It's not absurd do some research unions and the communist party are connected hand in hand. Doing some research on the one nation rally and who was behind that rally.

I am anti big government

I'm a He

Janitors have to pass a civil service test?

Learn something new everyday.

No but police oifficers do.

Dude you really need to lighten up I don't proof read and my keyboard sucks. It has sucked since I got my new computer 6 months ago. I am thinking about going back to my old keyboard.

Last edited:
But, without unions, the working man would be exploited. Instead of well trained, well paid, professional peace officers our citizens would be 'protected' by thugs supervised by black water types.

no, I don't think so. unions were created and given heft when there wasn't/weren't(?) a complimentary bushel full of laws, regulations, agencies and safety orgs. to keep employers honest and provide recourse.

Police, prison and fire depts. medical establishments I am sure do a great deal of excellent training, but I can tell you outside of those fields were lives literally count on it, training is often just an excursion, beyond simple tasking to ensure employees are at least somewhat competent at their jobs.

I spent several years visiting and accessing training amongst a myriad of vocations, especially unions. Its been turned into an overly complex and burdensome task to deliver and have your students digest training amongst many of them...many.

Forum List

Back