Dogs are Great

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
I love to 'meet' dogs of different breeds. I have a lhasa apso myself.

Yesterday I saw IRL--a black shih tzu. I have seen pictures of the black lhasas, very similar breed to the shih tzus. I knew the dog was probably a shih tzu from the tail and size. I was right. So friendly --just had never seen one of the black ones--most are light--golden, white, grizzled.

My dog has the dark streaks and tips.

When I got him, 5 week old puppy, he looked like a little chipmunk --brown with the dark streak down the back, about 3 lbs. They get lighter over the course of the first 18 months or so.

He is now a handsome guy, at least to me. Very friendly, fun loving and for whatever reasons adores me. Priceless. No amount of $ could buy loyalty and love like that.

Then I met 2 bulldogs, neither of which were affiliated with UGA/University of GA/mascot is Ugga/UGA--English bulldog. Homage is paid to this dog by thousands. That is not my alma mater but I understand how the fans feel---football, they love it. It is OK with me but not in a fanatical way. Cheer for your team--I believe in that.

Dogs are Great

Ya sure they are unless they are hogging the bed and pretending to be sound asleep when ya tell em to move and pretending to be sacks of cemet when ya try to push em out of the way when you are dog tired and just want enough room to lie down on...

ya...Dogs are great! :mad:

Dogs are Great

Ya sure they are unless they are hogging the bed and pretending to be sound asleep when ya tell em to move and pretending to be sacks of cemet when ya try to push em out of the way when you are dog tired and just want enough room to lie down on...

ya...Dogs are great! :mad:

lol--i know. Mine is16lbs--he will growl and snap if I accidentally touch him when he is spread eagled on the bed. No doubt about who is the 'boss' in this house.

When I have stress--he has stress.

What helps both of us is walking, playing, outings and music.

He is named 'Josh Dylan'. Josh Groban/Bob Dylan. His owner is a Boomer --I picked the best from the future and the past.

We are now listening to Josh. What a guy---if only I had known that one day there would be men like this---sigh. A musical expert said, 'Josh G has a good baritone.' I didn't know that---knew it was a wonderful voice belonging to a wonderful human. What kind of dog he may or may not have --I can't say. Stays busy--traveling and singing--at this point he might feel that he shouldn't have a dog? If I have the time I can look into that. More important than politics to me. fwiw.

Songs | Official Josh Groban

Last edited by a moderator:
I love dogs but am addicted to the herding dog breeds.

Note my avatar.

He is now 90lbs of border collie and Bernese mountian dog.

The sweetest coolest dude ever.

When I take my three herders to the dog park the big guy makes the rounds with all the people and demands to be petted by everyone.

I love people too.

people who love dogs are usually better people than the typical person off the street.

Usually but not always

People, people, people. Pics, damn it!

This is Penny (aren't her corn chip ears too cute? lol)

027.jpg

and this is Dio

SAM_1505.jpg

both spca rescues. Dio didn't even make it into the spca, we took him as the owner was signing him in.

Like TM, I like the herding breeds but especially the border collies. Both these guys are bc mixes. Don't know what else Penny is, Dio is part bc part pom. His fur is hair but over the past year he's been getting brownish/gray fur (it's a completely different texture than the black) growing around the back of his neck, front legs and back haunches. lol

Dogs. Rock.

Oh man does Dio look my my first herding dog.

I loved that girl.

She had the short tail of a aussie though.

yes her corn chips are cute.

I now have a merle, blue eyed boy aussie cattle dog mix and a border/ aussie mix tri colored golden eyed girl along with the guy pictured.

They are all awesome

Last edited:
I love to 'meet' dogs of different breeds. I have a lhasa apso myself.

Yesterday I saw IRL--a black shih tzu. I have seen pictures of the black lhasas, very similar breed to the shih tzus. I knew the dog was probably a shih tzu from the tail and size. I was right. So friendly --just had never seen one of the black ones--most are light--golden, white, grizzled.

My dog has the dark streaks and tips.

When I got him, 5 week old puppy, he looked like a little chipmunk --brown with the dark streak down the back, about 3 lbs. They get lighter over the course of the first 18 months or so.

He is now a handsome guy, at least to me. Very friendly, fun loving and for whatever reasons adores me. Priceless. No amount of $ could buy loyalty and love like that.

Then I met 2 bulldogs, neither of which were affiliated with UGA/University of GA/mascot is Ugga/UGA--English bulldog. Homage is paid to this dog by thousands. That is not my alma mater but I understand how the fans feel---football, they love it. It is OK with me but not in a fanatical way. Cheer for your team--I believe in that.

2 Welsh Terriers, a Pitbull-mix and an Australian Cattle Dog / Blue Heeler. Love 'em to death.

:)

Forum List

Back