Dogs and snow

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
There is no better combination. We got a nice coating on the ground yesterday... maybe 1/4" of snow. I live above a huge park with a big, open grassy area and a few people brought their pups out to play. Of course, Kaleb saw them from the window and started barking and crying, alerting me that he was not among the group of dogs playing in the snow.

So I took him out and boy did he have a ball. First he kept running around in the snow, then he kept jumping to catch snowflakes falling from the sky with his tongue and then he started a triple threat wrestling match with a shepherd mix and a lab mix. By the time the match was over (Kaleb declared himself the victor), his tongue was hanging down halfway and the other dogs were full of mud, grass and snow.

There is no better joy than playing with your dog in the snow and watching him happily gallop about in the cold, crisp elements.

Great story David, thanks!

Our Lab, Elvis was outside all day. In and out, kicking up the snow, chasing the squirrels and so on. It's wonderful to watch and to join in on. He loves snow balls, so long as he snags them in the air, it just pisses him off if he misses and has to try and figure out where it went! LOL

Great story David, thanks!

Our Lab, Elvis was outside all day. In and out, kicking up the snow, chasing the squirrels and so on. It's wonderful to watch and to join in on. He loves snow balls, so long as he snags them in the air, it just pisses him off if he misses and has to try and figure out where it went! LOL

I don't know if Kaleb would know what to do if he saw squirrels at the same time he was playing in snow. One of his favorite past times is chasing squirrels...

I've been trying to figure out how to post a few videos of my dog Doobie playing in the snow last year.. but then I got sidetracked and rolled a joint and did something else.

It would be great to see the video's or some more pics, from both of you. I'll see if I can get some of mine. He has his Christmas bandana on now so he has been pretty cocky about strutting his stuff. It's funny how he realizes that wearing it is special.

There is no better combination. We got a nice coating on the ground yesterday... maybe 1/4" of snow. I live above a huge park with a big, open grassy area and a few people brought their pups out to play. Of course, Kaleb saw them from the window and started barking and crying, alerting me that he was not among the group of dogs playing in the snow.

So I took him out and boy did he have a ball. First he kept running around in the snow, then he kept jumping to catch snowflakes falling from the sky with his tongue and then he started a triple threat wrestling match with a shepherd mix and a lab mix. By the time the match was over (Kaleb declared himself the victor), his tongue was hanging down halfway and the other dogs were full of mud, grass and snow.

There is no better joy than playing with your dog in the snow and watching him happily gallop about in the cold, crisp elements.

How did you get snow when I got rain?????? (Not complaining, mind you.)

I grew up with a cocker spaniel named Honey. She LOVED the snow. We would take her to the park and she would run with her ears leaving trails. Was really cool.

Forum List

Back