Dogfight MiG-29 vs F-18 at "Red October" War Games

• Banned
I find this extremely informative. Mig29vF18

Of course they don't put a Mig29 up against an F15, up until the F-22 raptor came out, nothing could beat the Eagle...

But they do. In the united states, USAF has a tarmac full of Mig-29s that are used to train our pilots. Not only is Red October doing it, it's also done at Nellis.

It was a huge surprise to everyone when a F-15C got into a dogfight with a Iraqi Mig-29. While the F-15C has a tremendous advantage at BVR, it was thought the Mig-29 had the Visual Range advantage. The fact that the Iraqi Pilot was able to close on the F-15 tells loads of the skill of the Mig-29 Pilot. Neither could get a gun solution on either one. The fight did last only a few seconds but in close air combat, that's a lifetime. In the end, the F-15C got a solution of it's Aim-7 and got the kill. This was an engagement of two F-15Cs and two Mig-29s. One was forced to the ground (crashing) and the other was bagged by an Aim-7.

I find this extremely informative. Mig29vF18

Of course they don't put a Mig29 up against an F15, up until the F-22 raptor came out, nothing could beat the Eagle...

But they do. In the united states, USAF has a tarmac full of Mig-29s that are used to train our pilots. Not only is Red October doing it, it's also done at Nellis.

It was a huge surprise to everyone when a F-15C got into a dogfight with a Iraqi Mig-29. While the F-15C has a tremendous advantage at BVR, it was thought the Mig-29 had the Visual Range advantage. The fact that the Iraqi Pilot was able to close on the F-15 tells loads of the skill of the Mig-29 Pilot. Neither could get a gun solution on either one. The fight did last only a few seconds but in close air combat, that's a lifetime. In the end, the F-15C got a solution of it's Aim-7 and got the kill. This was an engagement of two F-15Cs and two Mig-29s. One was forced to the ground (crashing) and the other was bagged by an Aim-7.

I worked on the F-15C's and D's at Langley Air Base, and was able to learn that the Iraqi pilots are really 2 dimensional flyers, once the US pilots used the Z axis the end was quick for most Iraqi's

Has Anyone Ever Shot Down an F-15 in Air Combat?
According to official releases from Boeing and the U.S. Air Force, the F-15 Eagle has a clear-cut win-to-loss ratio of 104 to zero. But in fact, opposing air forces have claimed, in nearly a dozen cases, to have shot down the iconic, twin-engine fighter.

All the claims have one thing in common. The claimants were never able to provide any evidence for their supposed victories.
I loved working on that jet, and when I get to Florida, I hope the Air Guard will take me in as a part timer.

Forum List

Back