Dog whistles and Swiftboats

John Kerry won a silver medal.

You and your party trashed a decorated war hero for poltical gain.

Your fucking scum

He was trashed by the people he served with who were the real deal who he had lied about and defamed.

Your fucking scum

I was awarded some medals, too, but I did not toss them over the White House fence and then get some more and put them on later when it suited me.

I am posting this because I hope that a few of the people who have a knee jerk response to "racially coded language" will realize where the problem actually lies. My guess is the usual suspects will miss the point.

As the GOP convention gets under way a day late today, Team Obama must be truly worried about things, if Chris Matthews’ unhinged behavior over the last 36 hours is any indication. But the egregious Matthews is just one small symptom of a larger asymmetry between the two parties.
The Team Obama theory was that they could destroy Romney over the summer with vicious attacks calling him a tax cheat, a murderer, and even a carcinogenic agent. (Get ready for a nasty whisper campaign against Romney’s religion before this is over.) The Left thinks they are merely borrowing the Republican tactic of “Swift-boating,” or, even better, the Willie Horton card (aka, the maxed-out “race card”). The Left considered both the Swift boat attack that helped do in John Kerry in 2004, and the Willie Horton ad in 1988 that helped do in Michael Dukakis, to be below-the-belt, out-of-bounds, unfair, etc. Matthews brought up both Ronald Reagan and the “welfare queen” story again with Newt Gingrich, who throws it back in his face quite effectively. And liberals conveniently forget that the person who first brought up Willie Horton against Dukakis in 1998 was Al Gore in the New York primary.) Hence, there’s no reason why Democrats shouldn’t use made-up, below-the-belt attacks on Romney now. And yet after all this Romney is dead even with Obama. Not the place Team Obama expected to be.
The Left never understood—still doesn’t—why both the Swift boat attack on Kerry and the Willie Horton furlough had such traction with Americans, and why they were no mere mud slinging. The Horton ad is especially instructive. It has had a long shelf-life. In 1990, Sam Donaldson interviewed Horton on ABC’s Prime Time Live, and concluded his interview with the question: “If [Bush campaign manager] Lee Atwater should walk through that door tomorrow and say, ‘Mr. Horton, I think I did you wrong,’ would you forgive him?” This kind of thinking, George Will noted at the time, “encourages in the Democrats the soothing belief that their party’s problems are in the nuts and bolts of the machinery and not in the party’s mind.” Pathetic. Likewise, the Swift boat attack exposed the hypocrisy of an anti-war hero trying to make himself into a war hero. Most people won’t fall for that. The point is: both the Swift boat attack on Kerry, and the Willie Horton ad, exposed weak spots in liberalism that liberals refuse to confront, while the simple mid-slinging against Romney, unconnected to larger issues, is having limited effect. (Back in 1988, the only establishment figure person who dissented from the liberal line was the Washington Post’s Meg Greenfield, who wrote of the Horton issue that “Many Democrats seem unwilling or unable to think about violent crime as a matter of public policy.”)

Let’s Get This Party Started | Power Line

Ann Romney is a terrible public speaker, but she hit the nail on the head last night when she asked what kind of people attack someone for being successful. Then she followed it up with the point that if the Democrats had been successful in getting America's economy going, they would not be attacking someone else's success.

That is the kind of truth that needs to be shouted from the mountaintops.

http://www.tosettherecordstraight.com/

Learn the truth about the "Swift boating" of John Kerry by veterans during the 2004 presidential campaign

During the Vietnam War, the original television networks and the leading liberal newspapers were near the peak of their formidable persuasive powers, able to dominate public opinion to an extent difficult to imagine today. In an age without cable news networks, conservative talk radio or the Internet, they were the only game in town. What these organizations chose to cover became news, and what they ignored did not. They used that power to instill Kerry's false portrait of American veterans as misfits, drug addicts and baby killers into the popular culture.

When John Kerry made his service in Vietnam the cornerstone of his presidential campaign during the 2004 election, the wounds he had inflicted on millions of Vietnam veterans were re-opened. Many could no longer be silent while a man who had repeated the propaganda of America's enemies rose to the position of Commander-in-Chief.

Kerry and his advisors believed that their old media allies would suppress any challenge to their version of what Kerry had done in Vietnam and during his time in the antiwar movement. It didn't work out that way.

and the one swift boat fuck who actually served with Kerry couldnt bring himself to say Kerry didnt deserve those medals.

he saved the mans fucking life.

he aat least wouldnt LIE about that.

your party is racist TRASH

Okay, I realize this poster is a little out there, but someone needs to explain to me how criticizing John Kerry is racist. Maybe I missed something.

Is that one of those "dog whistles" I've heard about?

Romney is totally stepping in it using the racially coded language he's using, but it's probably all he has left.

Polls indicate he will get no Black votes, and will probably lose hispanics by a 70-30 Margin. Therefore he has to win White voters by about 20 points to even hope to prevail. (McCain won white voters, but only by 10 points.)

(Get ready for a nasty whisper campaign against Romney’s religion before this is over.)
You mean actually pointing out the crazy shit Mormons actually believe. Romney won't even say "Mormon" in Public.

Didn't even read the OP, why am I not surprised?

Actually, I did, and it was the same tiresome crap you always write...

Your fucking scum

A silver medal?

I have four of those.

afam-3.gif

Maybe you should just STFU about military stuff. You ALWAYS get it wrong.

your party is fucking TRASH for attacking the honorable service of a war hero.

Your party will have to LIVE with its shame until their is no more republican party.

Its now how you people do business.

Some one is smart.

You claim they didnt deserve any degree they earned.

Some one is good with people.

You claim they are smoozers

Some one is a war hero

You claim they lied about their service.

Your party sold its soul to Karl Rove.

Hell your whole fucking campaign this year is based on LYING about a quote from the president.

Your party is built on lies and cheating their asses off.

Your REAL moto would read something like this.

Lying and cheating to benifit the greedy rich everyday.
Nope -- not working. People still know Obama is a dismal failure.

Let's play this game:

"In a detailed and candid article about his career and his fight against an inoperable brain tumor, Lee Atwater has apologized to Michael S. Dukakis for the "naked cruelty" of a remark he made about the Democratic Presidential nominee in the 1988 campaign..."In 1988," Mr. Atwater said, "fighting Dukakis, I said that I 'would strip the bark off the little bastard' and 'make Willie Horton his running mate.' I am sorry for both statements: the first for its naked cruelty, the second because it makes me sound racist, which I am not." Reputation as 'Ugly Campaigner'

Since being stricken last year, the 39-year-old Mr. Atwater has apologized on several occasions for many of the campaign tactics he once employed and for which he was criticized. But rarely has he spoken in such detail or with such candor as in the interview for the first-person Life article.

"In part because of our successful manipulation of his campaign themes, George Bush won handily," Mr. Atwater said. He conceded that throughout his political career "a reputation as a fierce and ugly campaigner has dogged me."

Gravely Ill, Atwater Offers Apology - New York Times

and the one swift boat fuck who actually served with Kerry couldnt bring himself to say Kerry didnt deserve those medals.

Okay, I realize this poster is a little out there, but someone needs to explain to me how criticizing John Kerry is racist. Maybe I missed something.

Everything to these people are RACIST. While generalizing all white people with a broad brush. Who's the racist??? It seems to be all they have.

Last edited:
Let's play this game:

"Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South. Beginning in the mid-1960s, Republicans encouraged disaffected Southern white voters to vote Republican by blaming pro-civil rights Democrats for racial unrest and other racial problems.

USATODAY.com - GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

Everything to these people are RACIST. While generalizing all white people with a broad brush. Who's the racist??? It seems to be all they have.

4537262458_50b8b690df.jpg

Let's play this game:

Greg Sargent grabs this from a transcript of a wide-ranging Michael Steele speech.

"For the last 40-plus years we had a "Southern Strategy" that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South. Well, guess what happened in 1992, folks, "Bubba" went back home to the Democratic Party and voted for Bill Clinton."

Right Now - Steele's 'biggest gaffe so far'

Forum List

Back