Dog Nippin Problem

I love my goofy pup. He's so adorable, and so funny..and smart! I tell myself he's doing the same things all dogs do, but because he's so cute it just seems more wonderful....I probably hug him a dozen times a day, and get kisses from him that many times as well. He'll be 2 this coming January..

I will say, a puppy that big is a challenge. Thank goodness saints are a lot more biddable than most dogs. He has gone through all the puppy things, but he's never challenged my authority in an ongoing fashion...and because he has a huge bladder, potty training was never an issue (except for the brief nightmare during his steroid treatment, when he peed all over the house over a period of a week or so, omg ).

I put off getting him fixed until he was a year old or right around there, to accomodate joint growth, and by the time I did it he was a really serious handful...his behavior was escalating pretty seriously...a studdy saint even at that age is nothing to be taken lightly. He was getting very stubborn and dominant.

But thank goodness that subsided within a couple of weeks of fixing him. Now he's just a big baby. He's very playful, and will torment me a little..he likes to woof and bark in my face when I'm reading in my bed, until I get up and do something with him, and he will jump in the middle of my bed and claim it every now and then. He and the terrier will take turns playing king of the mountain..with my bed...while I'm in it. Over the past year he has pretty much ruined my couch and loveseat, a little tiny bit at a time. He likes to chew the corners of the cushions and he tore off some of the fabric from the corner of the couch months and months ago...he had one episode with one of the seat cushions and I didn't catch him until he had feathers all over the living room...he hasn't done it since but really, it only takes one time.

But next year I'll get another set, and I don't think he'll bother it.

He's wonderful in the house, too..and he sleeps in my boy's room a lot of the time, which makes him happy since he sort of gets a little spooked sometimes.

Forum List

Back