Dog got me last night..

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
My friend flew in from Seattle and I went to meet him last night. He's got a sweet job at Microsoft. Damn..he lost a ton of weight..

We had a lot of fun..and when I came home the dog left a nice little reminder all over the living room floor about how much he misses me when I leave. He tore up the sofa again. I was pissed and layed into him pretty good. Of course he didn't take it lying down and tore into my hand. Crap..hurts like a mother today. One of the cuts was so deep white shit was coming out. Probably could use some stitching.

Anyway..house is cleaned up..dog is pacified..but my hand still smarts.

::Groan::

My friend flew in from Seattle and I went to meet him last night. He's got a sweet job at Microsoft. Damn..he lost a ton of weight..

We had a lot of fun..and when I came home the dog left a nice little reminder all over the living room floor about how much he misses me when I leave. He tore up the sofa again. I was pissed and layed into him pretty good. Of course he didn't take it lying down and tore into my hand. Crap..hurts like a mother today. One of the cuts was so deep white shit was coming out. Probably could use some stitching.

Can't say I feel too sorry for you, Sallow. You can't hit your dog.

I was way pissed.

But yeah..it's my own damned fault.

I'm not convinced that Sallow should be a dog owner.

"Layed into him"? In what way? Violence?

I got a mean streak. It's usually under control. Haven't been in a real life fight for quite some time (got stabbed in the last one)..but it rears it's ugly head from time to time.

I was way pissed.

Yes it is. There is no reason ever to hit a dog in discipline. Ever.

I got a mean streak. It's usually under control. Haven't been in a real life fight for quite some time (got stabbed in the last one)..but it rears it's ugly head from time to time.
Me too. I can imagine that is a common trait among many. Rather than trying to keep an emotion under control, keep your actions under control. It's not as high of a mountain to climb. When you get that way, that is the LAST time you should act on anything.

Just something to think about.

Me too. I can imagine that is a common trait among many. Rather than trying to keep an emotion under control, keep your actions under control. It's not as high of a mountain to climb. When you get that way, that is the LAST time you should act on anything.

Just something to think about.

True.

I try.

I was way pissed.

That's incorrect.

Dogs...especially the breed I have..need to know who the alpha is.

He's never bitten anyone but me. And that's because he wants to be top dog.
I suggest you read some material by Cesar Milan and/or the Monks of New Skete. you could learn something; your dog could learn something; and your dog would not have to tolerate any abuse from you.

I was way pissed.

Meh. I got no problem with a puppy in training getting slapped with the shoe they tore up.
I've raised many dogs (and horses) and I get excellent results with no violence. It takes a bit of thinking, though. Not all are willing to go that route, though.

That's incorrect.

I suggest you read some material by Cesar Milan and/or the Monks of New Skete. you could learn something; your dog could learn something; and your dog would not have to tolerate any abuse from you.

He doesn't.

Which is why there was a trail of my own blood all over the apartment last night.

Ouch.

That's incorrect.

He doesn't.

Which is why there was a trail of my own blood all over the apartment last night.

Ouch.
Really, I suggest you read that material. You will be amazed with the results.

Meh. I got no problem with a puppy in training getting slapped with the shoe they tore up.
I've raised many dogs (and horses) and I get excellent results with no violence. It takes a bit of thinking, though. Not all are willing to go that route, though.

Like I said .. meh ... I've seen slapping the dog with the shoe work just fine.

Forum List

Back