Does your political Affiliation differ from your family's?

Does your political affiliation differ from your family?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Just curious. My mom was talking about the election and her uneasiness about the posibility of Romney winning.

As of right now that is who I plan on voting for in Nov.

So i was just curious.

I'm not sure how to answer this ... yes and no lol.

Mom's side of the family are more liberal, although some are conservative-liberals. My Dad is extremely conservative, but he doesn't like Romney at all. I'm sure he'll hold his nose and vote for Romney simply because he has an "R" by his name. He has a brother and sister-in-law who I'm sure are conspiracy nuts and kooky as hell. Always forwarding bs emails that I have long since given up rebutting. My brother is a liberal-conservative, and his wife is ... something else lol.

=\

Sheesh, I can only guess how he feels about Obama then... I like Your Dad... btw

Last edited:
My parents were Democrats.

Of course mostly when they were Democrats so was the Democratic Party.

Now?

Not so much.

heh, thanks. I try. I mean, growing up where I did, had the opposite impact that it was "supposed" to have. Most of the people I know just assume to vote for Obama because he is a democrat, and that's who you vote for if you life in the SF area of California. But then I got tired of being a mindless sheep and realized how hypocritical everyone was being.

A lot of the teachings going on here, is to think for yourself, then you'll see how wrong the rest of the country is. That's how it was at school. About 90% of my high school join in the "World Can't Wait" movement because it was "forward" thinking. But in reality they were jumping on the bandwagon. I just saw it was an excuse for my classmates to cut class. And my teachers were OK with that.

IDK. I guess I'm just pissed off about how hypocritical the Bay Area is. And much of the US.

Not sure the San Francisco are is more hypocritical than anywhere else, although they do vote for some far out politicians. I've been to SF twice and enjoyed it both times.

You should see the seedy side, there's plenty of that..

lol I try to avoid those areas. I tend to stick to the museums and shopping areas.

Mom is a goldwater republican, Dad was a conservative dem.

out of their 8 kids 2 are conservative

Parents and brothers all lean right. In-laws all lean left, some of them pretty far. I had no idea the in-laws were D till a few years ago ... we never talk politics.

Just curious. My mom was talking about the election and her uneasiness about the posibility of Romney winning.

As of right now that is who I plan on voting for in Nov.

So i was just curious.

Delilah is a registered Republican.

I'm an Independent with Libertarian leanings: I usually will vote Libertarian First, Republican Second, and Female if there is a Democrat toss-up.

In the event of there being male Dems as the only choices, I usually go with the one whose name sounds most Celtic.

Forum List

Back