Does your pet like water?

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
We have 2 dogs, a 10 years old Springer Spaniel called Gibson, and a 7 month old Basset Hound called Lou (both are named after Detroit Tigers).

We recently took them for a day out on the sand dunes by Lake Michigan....

Lou was not impressed by either. He looked around a bit but spent much of the day sleeping under the umbrella.

DSCN2114.jpg

DSCN2016.jpg

Lou looks like good husband material for Gracie! Gracie likes water but only for drinking. bathing and rain, and swimming? not so much.

Saw the thread title and thought 'does your pet like water to drink'. Thought someone was going to share some beer-loving dog stories! :lol:

Last edited:
my dog Hagen won't go in my parents pool unless you throw her in, when it is really hot she'll stand next to the pool waiting for someone to throw her in. If you get the hose out she will attack the water and she hates baths.

Last edited:
Lou looks like good husband material for Gracie! Gracie likes water but only for drinking. bathing and rain, and swimming? not so much.

Does Gracie chew anything she can get her snout on?

no, actually she doesn't, I was telling my husband just yesterday what a soft little mouth she has. when I try to hand her a tidbit she just muzzles it or licks it a little, it takes her 10 minutes to eat what the ordinary dog would snarf down in a nanosecond. Beagles are strange little dogs but oh so gentle and mellow. We adopted/rescued her about two months ago, she has stolen our hearts.

no, actually she doesn't, I was telling my husband just yesterday what a soft little mouth she has. when I try to hand her a tidbit she just muzzles it or licks it a little, it takes her 10 minutes to eat what the ordinary dog would snarf down in a nanosecond. Beagles are strange little dogs but oh so gentle and mellow. We adopted/rescued her about two months ago, she has stolen our hearts.
I got my dog for my 16th birthday and my dad never wanted her, hated it when she dug up everything, and wanted to kill her when she wouldn't become potty trained. I had to leave her along with my cat who my dad also didn't want because they became too attached to my dad. My dog whorships the ground my dad walks on and my dad can't go anywhere without taking her. Even the worst dogs have a way of winning your heart.

We have 2 dogs, a 10 years old Springer Spaniel called Gibson, and a 7 month old Basset Hound called Lou (both are named after Detroit Tigers).

He's a basset hound? what's the difference in a basset and a beagle? now you have me wondering if I have a beagle or a basset:eek:

People keep asking if Lou is a Beagle. Can't understand it - they don't really look anything like each other.

Lou destroyed my son's remote control car yesterday while we were at the ball game, hence the chewing question.

Good luck with Gracie. Rescuing dogs is a noble thing to do. :clap2:

my dog Hagen won't go in my parents pool unless you throw her in, when it is really hot she'll stand next to the pool waiting for someone to throw her in. If you get the hose out she will attack the water and she hates baths.

Do you really throw her in? ROFL! Dogs sometimes don't know what's good for them.

He's a basset hound? what's the difference in a basset and a beagle? now you have me wondering if I have a beagle or a basset:eek:

Bassets are shorter legged and longer eared. Their legs often bow. Beagles legs are longer (not that they're tall dogs) and their ears are shorter. Their barks are different too. Beagles 'bay' more and bassets are more 'hound' sounding. Cripes, did that make sense?

I've got two lab/mastiff mix that hate water. What is up with that?
I think you have the only ones who don't like water. I have never heard of a lab or mastiff that didn't like water. Maybe something happened when they were put together and they cancelled each other out.

my dog hates the water.

she is a pain in the butt if its raining or bathtime.

Mine doesn't seem to mind baths too much, although she's always glad when she's done cause it means WALKIE!

However, she's a pita when it's raining. She has been known to hold it in for 12 hours if it's a steady rain, can't just put her on the leash outback. Yet, if we put the leash on her and took her out . . . oh, then it's fine to get wet!

Forum List

Back