Does your environment affect your dreams.

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
i have my alarm clock away from my bed so that it isn’t too easy to just hit the snooze button. I have my alarm to be an irritating beeping sound that I’m sure most people are acquainted with. Sometimes rather than shutting my alarm off immediate, I will ly in bed and doze and sometimes dream. Usually my brain incorporates the sound of my alarm clock into the dream. There may be a garbage truck backing up, a fire alarm, or I may be on the Enterprise during red alert.

Also, if I’m sitting still listing to a sermon or speech I will start daydreaming and drift off to sleep dreaming. My dream will usually pick up on many of the key words in hearing and they are incorporated into the dream.

Just wondering if others experience this type of effect?

Last edited:
have an alarm clock too...

I use it, maybe, twice a year, usually for a doctors appointment.

i have my alarm clock away from my bed so that it isn’t too easy to just hit the snooze button. I have my alarm to be an irritating beeping sound that I’m sure most people are acquainted with. Sometimes rather than shutting my alarm off immediate, I will ly in bed and doze and sometimes dream. Usually my brain incorporates the sound of my alarm clock into the dream. There may be a garbage truck backing up, a fire alarm, or I may be on the Enterprise during red alert.

Also, if I’m settin still listing to a sermon or speech I will start daydreaming and drift off to sleep dreaming. My dream will usually pick up on many of the key words in hearing and they are incorporated into the dream.

yes several times.

Also, if I’m settin still listing to a sermon or speech I will start daydreaming and drift off to sleep dreaming. My dream will usually pick up on many of the key words in hearing and they are incorporated into the dream.

yes several times.
Care to elaborate?

Not that I've noticed...at not in the very direct way you've described. My family and friends, my pets, my home, other places that are part of my conscious environment have entered my dreams, but I don't think that's what you were meaning.

(USMB, blessedly, has yet to enter my thoughts at any time other than when I'm posting or reading others' posts)

“It is only through inner peace that we can have true outer freedom.” —Sri Chinmoy

No price is too great to pay for inner peace. Peace is the harmonious control of life. It is vibrant with life-energy. It is a power that easily transcends all our worldly knowledge. Yet it is not separate from our earthly existence. If we open the right avenues within, this peace can be felt here and now.

Peace is eternal. It is never too late to have peace. Time is always ripe for that. We can make our life truly fruitful if we are not cut off from our Source, which is the Peace of Eternity.

Forum List

Back