Does unbiased news exist?

ThisIsMe

Gold Member
Dec 16, 2017
The more I hear and learn about politics and the media that reports on it, the less I trust either (politicians or media outlets). This includes all of the majors (CNN, msnbc, fox too).

I just think that every news site is biased in favor of their political affiliation, regardless of what side they are on.

I guess that led me to wonder, is there such thing as a totally unbiased, and honest news tv show or website out there, even if it's not a U.S based organization but one that does report on U.S. issues (such as BBC).

I'm just trying to find news I can trust, but I feel most U.S. based media is tainted. Perhaps there isn't a single reliable method of getting daily news that you can trust, but I thought I'd ask, to see what places most of you folks go to, to get your news.

It's never existed. Everyone has bias and social constructs. Those biases and constructs skew they way they see, and consequently report, any news.

exflag.jpeg

The more I hear and learn about politics and the media that reports on it, the less I trust either (politicians or media outlets). This includes all of the majors (CNN, msnbc, fox too).

I just think that every news site is biased in favor of their political affiliation, regardless of what side they are on.

I guess that led me to wonder, is there such thing as a totally unbiased, and honest news tv show or website out there, even if it's not a U.S based organization but one that does report on U.S. issues (such as BBC).

I'm just trying to find news I can trust, but I feel most U.S. based media is tainted. Perhaps there isn't a single reliable method of getting daily news that you can trust, but I thought I'd ask, to see what places most of you folks go to, to get your news.

No. Has not been for years. The closest thing might be C-SPAN on cable tv.

You will get a clearer view about America in the foreign press. They will write reports our own press won't touch.

Still, verify then trust.

It's never existed. Everyone has bias and social constructs. Those biases and constructs skew they way they see, and consequently report, any news.

exflag.jpeg

Plus the bias can show up even in WHAT is reported, never mind how what is reported is reported.

You will get a clearer view about America in the foreign press. They will write reports our own press won't touch.

You see, this is exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps to get an unvarnished view of our political landscape, we need to look outside of our borders for a credible news source?

The most unbiased reporting I've been able to find is on Sirius XM; specifically, POTUS. They have a wide variety of viewpoints on there, and try to give the president a fair shake (though of course he makes it difficult for them). I think Tim Farley is the most balanced interviewer/reporter I've ever heard. Smerconish also tends to sit dead center. Some of the others are a little more opinionated but nothing compared to what you'd see on other channels.

You see, this is exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps to get an unvarnished view of our political landscape, we need to look outside of our borders for a credible news source?

So, other countries don't have biases of their own? Do you REALLY believe that?

The most unbiased reporting I've been able to find is on Sirius XM; specifically, POTUS. They have a wide variety of viewpoints on there, and try to give the president a fair shake (though of course he makes it difficult for them). I think Tim Farley is the most balanced interviewer/reporter I've ever heard. Smerconish also tends to sit dead center. Some of the others are a little more opinionated but nothing compared to what you'd see on other channels.
I'll start listening to this channel and see what how it goes. However, part of wanting to find unbiased news is trying to find untainted news. I'm just not really confident that the news coming out of the tv hasn't been run through the filter of government. In other words, were only getting exactly what the government wants us to. Makes you wonder sometimes, what do we really know about the world around us? Do we really know anything about what is going on, or just what the government wants us to think is going on?

Sorry, getting a bit conspiracy-ish here. But it does make me wonder sometimes.

So, other countries don't have biases of their own? Do you REALLY believe that?
I'm not saying one way or the other, I'm asking...technically. I'm sure other countries probably have an agenda when it comes to reporting news about our country.

Again, just asking questions..

In other words, were only getting exactly what the government wants us to.

Good idea, you need to learn exactly what a different government want you to learn.
Well, my thought process on this was, perhaps from the view of another country, one who doesn't have any skin in our game, so to speak, and one not influenced by our government, might just tell it how it really is?

Unbiased news has never existed. But, not so long ago you'd have a hard time figuring the political position of a journalist. Now, it's on flaming display in every thing libtard journalists write.

Absolutely not!!!!

We have always had biased news to some degree but it used to be seperated newspapers had reporters that did straight news reporting but the partisan political viewpoints were on the editorial pages now it all seems to run together it's the same with the cable news networks they all have good reporters that do good work but their stories get funneled through the partisan talk show host and their equally partisan guest who spin it to suit their agenda.

No, it's impossible to have news that isn't biased.

Why?

Well, which news is number one? Is it going to be the news from DRC? No, probably not. Why? Because in the US the news is going to be biased towards the US audience.

Forum List

Back