Does Trump know something that we dont ?

Lol, don't forget that he has his briefings condensed to just one double spaced page so as not to stress his limited attention span.

Not that I find that surprising but do you have a link to that?
In intelligence briefings, Trump prefers 'as little as possible'

My bad, he apparently skips them entirely these days.

Breaking with tradition, Trump skips president’s written intelligence report and relies on oral briefings
Apparently skips?
Did you not read the provided link?
He prefers them orally. Yes Presidents skip briefings not new news. You try and pretend that he skips briefings entirely. He doesn't. He prefers a certain way for information to be presented. Big deal. Your first link was from when he was a candidate. The second link is blank. I can assume it is from the same timeframe.
You mean like he prefers Putin?

You can't classify emails after the fact, and I really doubt Go
with the world freaking out about how it appeared that trump is going soft on Putin and Russia about the hacking of the DNC has Trump received info that another foreign country maybe have played a much bigger role ? “Foreign entity, NOT RUSSIA” hacked Hillary Clinton’s emails (Video)

So how did they know it was not Russia, and don't know who it was??
Memo to the President Ahead of Monday’s Summit
Memo to the President Ahead of Monday's Summit

"At the time of that Memorandum we wrote:

“Forensic studies of “Russian hacking” into Democratic National Committee computers last year reveal that on July 5, 2016, data was leaked (not hacked) by a person with physical access to DNC computer. After examining metadata from the “Guccifer 2.0” July 5, 2016 intrusion into the DNC server, independent cyber investigators have concluded that an insider copied DNC data onto an external storage device.

Key among the findings of the independent forensic investigations is the conclusion that the DNC data was copied onto a storage device at a speed that far exceeds an Internet capability for a remote hack.”

“We do not know who or what the murky Guccifer 2.0 is. You may wish to ask the FBI,” we wrote. However, we now have forensic evidence that shows the data provided by Guccifer 2.0 had been manipulated and is a fabrication.

We also discussed CIA’s cyber-tool “Marble Framework,” which can hack into computers, “obfuscate” who hacked, and leave behind incriminating, tell-tale signs in Russian; and we noted that this capability had been employed during 2016. As we pointed out, Putin himself made an unmistakable reference to this “obfuscating” tool during an interview with Megan Kelly. . . "

<snip>

"Marbled

“Scarcely imaginable digital tools – that can take control of your car and make it race over 100 mph, for example, or can enable remote spying through a TV – were described and duly reported in the New York Times and other media throughout March. But the Vault 7, part 3 release on March 31 that exposed the “Marble Framework” program apparently was judged too delicate to qualify as ‘news fit to print’ and was kept out of the Times at the time, and has never been mentioned since.

“The Washington Post’s Ellen Nakashima, it seems, ‘did not get the memo’ in time. Her March 31 article bore the catching (and accurate) headline: ‘WikiLeaks’ latest release of CIA cyber-tools could blow the cover on agency hacking operations.’

“The WikiLeaks release indicated that Marble was designed for flexible and easy-to-use ‘obfuscation,’ and that Marble source code includes a “de-obfuscator” to reverse CIA text obfuscation.

“More important, the CIA reportedly used Marble during 2016. In her Washington Post report, Nakashima left that out, but did include another significant point made by WikiLeaks; namely, that the obfuscation tool could be used to conduct a ‘forensic attribution double game’ or false-flag operation because it included test samples in Chinese, Russian, Korean, Arabic and Farsi.”

A few weeks later William Binney, a former NSA technical director, and Ray McGovern commented on Vault 7 Marble, and were able to get a shortened op-ed version published in The Baltimore Sun.

The CIA’s reaction to the WikiLeaks disclosure of the Marble Framework tool was neuralgic. Then Director Mike Pompeo lashed out two weeks later, calling Assange and his associates “demons,” and insisting; “It’s time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is, a non-state hostile intelligence service, often abetted by state actors like Russia.”

Our July 24 Memorandum continued: “Mr. President, we do not know if CIA’s Marble Framework, or tools like it, played some kind of role in the campaign to blame Russia for hacking the DNC. Nor do we know how candid the denizens of CIA’s Digital Innovation Directorate have been with you and with Director Pompeo. These are areas that might profit from early White House review. [ President Trump then directed Pompeo to invite Binney, one of the authors of the July 24, 2017 VIPS Memorandum to the President, to discuss all this. Binney and Pompeo spent an hour together at CIA Headquarters on October 24, 2017, during which Binney briefed Pompeo with his customary straightforwardness. ]

“We also do not know if you have discussed cyber issues in any detail with President Putin. In his interview with NBC’s Megyn Kelly he seemed quite willing – perhaps even eager – to address issues related to the kind of cyber tools revealed in the Vault 7 disclosures, if only to indicate he has been briefed on them. Putin pointed out that today’s technology enables hacking to be ‘masked and camouflaged to an extent that no one can understand the origin’ [of the hack] … And, vice versa, it is possible to set up any entity or any individual that everyone will think that they are the exact source of that attack.

“‘Hackers may be anywhere,’ he said. ‘There may be hackers, by the way, in the United States who very craftily and professionally passed the buck to Russia. Can’t you imagine such a scenario? … I can.’ . . . . "
Yeah, because these rwnj conspiracy theorists know more than all our intelligence agencies combined.

You kids need to stay away from those websites. They are twisting your ability to objectively percieve reality.

This source is a non-corporate source, and relies on users to fund it's operations. It has less bias than the sources you rely on. It is far more objective than the sources you use.

Winner of the 2015 I.F. Stone Medal from Harvard’s Nieman Foundation
IFStoneMedalFrontBacksmaller3-260x260.jpg

Parry Awarded Gellhorn Journalism Prize

Consortium News - Media Bias/Fact Check

leastbiased011.png

LEAST BIASED
"These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: Consortium News is an alternative independent news source established in 1995. It is considered the first alternative investigative journalism internet news source. Consortium News covers stories deeply and has been responsible for uncovering scandals and important information that was not found/covered by the mainstream media. They are factual and evidence based, but present information with a slight left of center tone. (D. Van Zandt 11/3/2016)

Consortium News (CN) is an investigative journalism site that publishes fact and evidence based articles. While there is a slight left bias overall, CN is as likely to point out faults on the left as well as the right. As is common with truly fair and balanced reporting, it can lead to charges of bias from both sides from having their beliefs challenged. Despite the slightly left bias CN earns a Least Biased rating. (D. Kelley 3/25/17)

(New) Consortium News has articles that many on the right may consider left biased: The Fat Cats of Fast-Food

While also having articles the left won’t like: Do High-Level Leaks Suggest a Conspiracy?

The reporting from consortium news cites itself as trying to find the truth. However, I would say that they do often report on things with a left leaning focus. With articles like the above pro-minimum wage or anything regarding the environment. I can see how some on the left would feel that articles like the above or another titled “Europe May Finally Rethink NATO Costs” can come off as right leaning. The reality is that truth has no side. Sometimes somebody on the right is correct and somebody on the left is wrong. The bigger issue is that the political environment of America has been moving the goal posts, of left and right, to the right for the last 30+ years. Meaning that somebody who is “left” today may in fact have been right 20 years ago. Consortium News has experts from various backgrounds and not just pure journalist which also helps with its reporting to keep it as centered as one can get these days. They have articles about Hillary, Obama, Bush, and Trump all of which have negative things to say about them. They cite factual data with real sources and with minimum usage of loaded wording that you often find in other online only magazines. I would put this news source in your feed to get a more grounded perspective on many of the issues that are shaping up today. (M. Allen 6/3/17)

Source: https://consortiumnews.com/"

I'll put this source up against any one you care to any day, as far as bias and reporting of facts.

Your problem?

handle-the-truth.gif
None of those things matter because this is an OP ED piece. It's from a rwnj.

with the world freaking out about how it appeared that trump is going soft on Putin and Russia about the hacking of the DNC has Trump received info that another foreign country maybe have played a much bigger role ? “Foreign entity, NOT RUSSIA” hacked Hillary Clinton’s emails (Video)
Does trump no something we don't?

Well yes. He knows what he promised Putin during their two hours + of alone time. He knows what critical secrets he gave up, what agents he compromised, what concessions he made. If he was willing to grovel like that in public who knows what he gave away in private!

We need to find out just how badly he may have betrayed us.
arming the Ukraine and beefing up NATO spending , closing the Russian embassy,and killing 2 hundred ruskies in Syria ,not to mention chastising germany for doing business with them is not exactly groveling .
What he did in front of the cameras yesterday certainly was.

Does trump no something we don't?

Well yes. He knows what he promised Putin during their two hours + of alone time. He knows what critical secrets he gave up, what agents he compromised, what concessions he made. If he was willing to grovel like that in public who knows what he gave away in private!

We need to find out just how badly he may have betrayed us.
arming the Ukraine and beefing up NATO spending , closing the Russian embassy,and killing 2 hundred ruskies in Syria ,not to mention chastising germany for doing business with them is not exactly groveling .
What he did in front of the cameras yesterday certainly was.

He has been denying the Russians and Putin were involved since day one, yesterday he sealed it.

Of course Trump knows something that we don't. He knows a lot that we don't. I can't recall this much focus on a so called "summit" in my lifetime. Other than watching Barry Sotoro bow down to every two bit dictator and the fact that he thought it was prudent to send two billion in U.S. taxpayer cash to a country that kidnapped a boat load of crying U.S. Sailors I can't recall any meaningful dialog.

I do think (and this is not a defense of Trump as much as it is a defense of the Presidency) that the idea that the POTUS needs a daily security briefing is silly. If there is a particular situation can change in 24 short hours, it can change in 3 short hours or 3 short minutes or even 3 seconds. What good does the 24 hour cycle do in that case? The DNI should get every salient detail and brief the President if there is anything important.

This mandate that the POTUS sit there and get every detail is silly. A)What is he going to do about it? B)Doesn’t he “pay someone” to paint the big picture for him? C) and most importantly…I think having a certain distance from the situation on the ground is not only helpful from a big picture perspective but also helpful from not putting a name to the asset/object.

I think it is something that needs to change.
Disagree.

The briefings give a president context, background, and a culminative, comprehensive understanding of a given ongoing issue or event needed for him to make informed decisions.

Of course, until Trump, the briefings were given to presidents who had a background and experience in the law, governance, foreign affairs, and public policy – the briefings serve to augment a president’s existing knowledge and experience.

The briefings are pointless for Trump not the fault of the briefings but because Trump is an ignorant, inexperienced amateur in way over his head; the Helsinki debacle is further proof of that.

I do think (and this is not a defense of Trump as much as it is a defense of the Presidency) that the idea that the POTUS needs a daily security briefing is silly. If there is a particular situation can change in 24 short hours, it can change in 3 short hours or 3 short minutes or even 3 seconds. What good does the 24 hour cycle do in that case? The DNI should get every salient detail and brief the President if there is anything important.

This mandate that the POTUS sit there and get every detail is silly. A)What is he going to do about it? B)Doesn’t he “pay someone” to paint the big picture for him? C) and most importantly…I think having a certain distance from the situation on the ground is not only helpful from a big picture perspective but also helpful from not putting a name to the asset/object.

I think it is something that needs to change.
Disagree.

The briefings give a president context, background, and a culminative, comprehensive understanding of a given ongoing issue or event needed for him to make informed decisions.

Of course, until Trump, the briefings were given to presidents who had a background and experience in the law, governance, foreign affairs, and public policy – the briefings serve to augment a president’s existing knowledge and experience.

The briefings are pointless for Trump not the fault of the briefings but because Trump is an ignorant, inexperienced amateur in way over his head; the Helsinki debacle is further proof of that.

Lets remove Trump from the equation; I think we both agree that you need an engaged, intelligent, and above all else, scrupulous President for any sort of briefing (intel or otherwise) to have impact. Trump is none of that.

I think that each morning, the President should be given 5 pieces of information:

The average price of a gallon of milk in different parts of the nation
The average amount spent by Americans for monthly rent in different parts of the nation
The average price of utilities paid by Americans in different parts of the nation
The average price a loaf of bread.
The % of the average paycheck that would go toward paying for all of that.

All of which are more important to Americans than if Pakistan is having exercises near the Afghan border or if there is a skirmish between Israel and the Hezbollah.

If something very important is taking place that involves intel, sure; tell POTUS. If not, having the commerce secretary in there every morning with the above information would probably result in a better outcome for Americans.

He prefers them orally. Yes Presidents skip briefings not new news. You try and pretend that he skips briefings entirely. He doesn't. He prefers a certain way for information to be presented. Big deal. Your first link was from when he was a candidate. The second link is blank. I can assume it is from the same timeframe.
You mean like he prefers Putin?
He prefers Putin over what? Your little talking point snippets aren’t convincing to anyone except the far left looneys. You guys are as bad as the far right that said Obama was going to ruin the country. You people are pathetic.

Forum List

Back